Waitlisting

Chris86

Hello,

We have had to delay our travel plans from early 2017 to end of 2017. We have come to like an Oceania sailing for November 2017. Unfortunately the categories we were able to book switched to wait list on Thursday. On Monday we are reserving a category (out of our price range) and going onto the wait list for the lower categories. The intention is to cancel prior to the 180 day penalty free zone. We are booking direct with Oceania so shouldn't incur any fees.

Considering we are so far away from sailing. What is everyone's experience. Do I have a good chance of receiving the lower categories prior to the 180 day cancellation penalty free zone. :)

Weird things going on with O and its schedule. They're showing Spring 2018 cruises as sold out! Probably not. Have patience and you'll almost certainly clear waitlist sooner rather than later.

Oceania creates part of the problem via encouraging the practice of buying "place holder" cruises when aboard ship. As the final payment due date approaches, a lot of those "place holders" are moved to other cruises. Additionally, since slashing the number of PH3s (for example), it is now easy, on R ships, for most all the reservations for those cabins to be place holders or to early bookers. To many games being played, and often the system is far more tedious than it should be, imo.

• 9 months later...
I would switch booking to a high volume Oceania ta. That ta will work to get you the category you want.

I've read this suggestion on several threads, but since CC forbids any discussion of TA's or how to get a "high volume" one, it's silly to even write this suggestion. You obviously have to wait until you get on a cruise. I'm an Oceania newbie and would love this info, but can't get it yet. :(

I've read this suggestion on several threads, but since CC forbids any discussion of TA's or how to get a "high volume" one, it's silly to even write this suggestion. You obviously have to wait until you get on a cruise. I'm an Oceania newbie and would love this info, but can't get it yet. :(

You could call Oceania & ask

or google "Oceania cruise Connoisseur club "