No coffee/tea in room? Kitchen or coffee stations on deck?

Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend when cruising in Australia charges for ALL room service. see https://www.carnival.com.au/~/media/CCLAU/explore/dining/menu-pdf/room-service-menu.pdf Beverages including tea and coffee are $3.00 each. Just another way cruise companies discriminate with Aussie cruises - like carnival not allowing us to bring on 1 bottle of wine each.

Yes I thought you could bring one bottle of wine - but couldn't see it on the website.

I couldn't find the room service menu on the website either. Annoying. Why should you pay for a basic coffee or tea when all your food is inclusive (apart from the more expensive dining)?

Is it Carnival or Aussie laws? Do other lines allow wine to be brought onboard?

Carnival Law - we can bring wine on Princess Cruises, not sure on other cruise lines

Even others that are owned by Carnival Corp.

Yes I thought you could bring one bottle of wine - but couldn't see it on the website.

I couldn't find the room service menu on the website either. Annoying. Why should you pay for a basic coffee or tea when all your food is inclusive (apart from the more expensive dining)?

But no one ever said everything was free.

And there is free tea and coffee just not room service, same as when you have a beverage package, room service been rages aren't included.

Just another way to get more money. I'm taking a thermos on Carnival cruise to fill the night before so I can have my moring cuppa without having to pay for it. Its not only Carnival - Princess are just as bad in other ways - like our Alaskan cruise booked via Princess, at the time USA bookings had FREE gratuities, but I wasn't allowed to have that because I was Australian (even when converting the USA price back to aussie $ the price was almost the same). Wasn't allowed to book via USA Princess or travel agent. So I might be one of the few people on that cruise that is actually being charged gratuities!

Hi all,

Is there a kitchen or coffee station on each deck where you can make your own tea or coffee anytime? Or do you have to go down to a dining area?

Eg. if you can't sleep and want to make a chamomile tea or decaf tea in the middle of the night.........

There is coffee, hot water, hot chocolate, tea bags, iced tea, ice water available 24 hours a day at several stations on the lido deck in the buffet area and pool serving area on every cruise I've been on. Sometimes in the middle of the night/very early morning hours the coffee machines are in a "cleaning" mode, but easy to find another within a short distance.

I order two carafes of coffee each morning at about 5 am. Each carafe is about 2 mugs. I also order carafes of hot water and tea bags in the afternoons when I want to have tea. You can also keep a carafe in buffet area and fill it with hot water and snag some tea bags for your room but room service is there for you when you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the early posters mentioned that Spirit sailed from Australia I wouldn't have bothered to take the time and effort to search the CCL FAQ's, copied, pasted and formatted the Room Service Menu.

There are many newbies in the US who get the impression that CCL charges for all room service because they hear there are several extra $$ items that have been added.

Edited by summersigh

There is coffee, hot water, hot chocolate, tea bags, iced tea, ice water available 24 hours a day at several stations on the lido deck in the buffet area and pool serving area on every cruise I've been on. Sometimes in the middle of the night/very early morning hours the coffee machines are in a "cleaning" mode, but easy to find another within a short distance.

Thanks - that is helpful :)

Sounds perfect

If the early posters mentioned that Spirit sailed from Australia I wouldn't have bothered to take the time and effort to search the CCL FAQ's, copied, pasted and formatted the Room Service Menu.

There are many newbies in the US who get the impression that CCL charges for all room service because they hear there are several extra $$ items that have been added.

Yes good to know :) Wish it were so for us Aussies!! :)

But no one ever said everything was free.

And there is free tea and coffee just not room service, same as when you have a beverage package, room service been rages aren't included.

Yes I know wasn't expecting that everything is free - but was hoping for some free hot water in the middle of the night!! haha

Yes I know wasn't expecting that everything is free - but was hoping for some free hot water in the middle of the night!! haha

That's easy. Just go into the bathroom and turn the handle with the red dot on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would make a suggestion that any questions having to do with the Spirit be asked on the Australia/New Zealand board. Though many of us know that the Spirit has been in Australia since 2012 (I was on it), it seems many do not, by some of the postings.

The rules are very different in Australia, then when the ship was here in the states. There will be more that have sailed it recently on that board than here on this one. I just think you would get a lot more correct answers.

I get a room convenient to the buffet and go fill my 24 oz insulated mug every morning...that's about a half a pot of coffee.

We also take insulated mugs for our morning coffee. One of us will go to the Lido deck and fill the mugs and get some little pastries to tide us over till breakfast. I always found the coffee from room service to be barely warm.