Insulated Cup Question

I plan to bring a cup with me to help keep my frozen/iced drinks from getting warm too quickly, while on vacation. I have read lots of folks bring their own Yeti or what-have-you brand insulated cup on board. My question is would a 20 oz seem too small or a 30 oz seem too big? I realize everyone is different, so it's definitely a YMMV type scenario; however I'd just like to get a general consensus. What size is right for you? Thanks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got 32oz Bubba mugs and rarely ever used them. I intended to keep filled with ice water or adult drinks but I just never needed to because we went on excursions every port day and we were too tired to carry them around and didn't need to as we also had 24 bottles of water with several always chilling in the fridge.

BUT the Bubba mug is the only thing I use at home now. Big enough I don't have to refill all the time and keeps ice water cold for hours.

I will bring it again next cruise because we plan to hang out on ship way more. Got all the n00b excursionitis out of our system this time lol.

20 oz

Thanks. :)

We got 32oz Bubba mugs and rarely ever used them. I intended to keep filled with ice water or adult drinks but I just never needed to because we went on excursions every port day and we were too tired to carry them around and didn't need to as we also had 24 bottles of water with several always chilling in the fridge.

BUT the Bubba mug is the only thing I use at home now. Big enough I don't have to refill all the time and keeps ice water cold for hours.

I will bring it again next cruise because we plan to hang out on ship way more. Got all the n00b excursionitis out of our system this time lol.

I love my cups too. I keep one at my work desk all the time for ice water as well. Greatest way to get my water in and not have to refill as much or drink room temp water. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We found some cups that are double wall and had a top we could clip a D ring onto...and had a flip up straw. so some of the time we just clipped them to our belts. Kept drinks cold for hours. Found them at K Mart. (Know few of those are around anymore)

We found some cups that are double wall and had a top we could clip a D ring onto...and had a flip up straw. so some of the time we just clipped them to our belts. Kept drinks cold for hours. Found them at K Mart. (Know few of those are around anymore)

I bought the souvenier Tervis cup ($15) from Blue Iguana when I got on the boat. It's 16 oz. When you buy a frozen drink (12 oz), you can have it filled in the Tervis cup so you get the extra 4 oz free. it was a great cup to have with me all over the boat for water or iced tea, too.

I plan to bring a cup with me to help keep my frozen/iced drinks from getting warm too quickly, while on vacation. I have read lots of folks bring their own Yeti or what-have-you brand insulated cup on board. My question is would a 20 oz seem too small or a 30 oz seem too big? I realize everyone is different, so it's definitely a YMMV type scenario; however I'd just like to get a general consensus. What size is right for you? Thanks! :)

I just get a couple of insulated mugs from the Dollar Store and leave them behind when we disembark making more room for souvenirs.

They're obviously not Yeti quality :D but they keep drinks warm or cold for as long as that particular drink lasts.

I just get a couple of insulated mugs from the Dollar Store and leave them behind when we disembark making more room for souvenirs.

They're obviously not Yeti quality :D but they keep drinks warm or cold for as long as that particular drink lasts.

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the souvenier Tervis cup ($15) from Blue Iguana when I got on the boat. It's 16 oz. When you buy a frozen drink (12 oz), you can have it filled in the Tervis cup so you get the extra 4 oz free. it was a great cup to have with me all over the boat for water or iced tea, too.

Did they fill yours up completely b/c its one you purchased on the boat or will do they do this with any cup? We travel with our yetis and am curious if they would do this as well?

I'm glad to know Blue Iguana lets you buy a Tervis and allow for fills in it as well. I was wanting to take my Yeti but would hate to lose it on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As does the Red Frog Pub....red cup v. blue cup.

Just bought 2 30oz Ozark tumblers from Walmart for only $9.74 each and Loving them

Bringing them on our next cruise and have been breaking them in with both beer and mixed drinks since last week 🍺🍺🍹🍹😜😜

Can't believe I've waited this long to get one 🙈🙈......kept my beer cold even when sitting outside and mixed drinks with Ice were soooo good n cold

Make sure your cup has a top that closes completely. When debarking I carry my mug, my carry on, my purse, a hat and my cup with water in it. It doesn't have a closed lid so balancing all that is unwieldy. Now I use a water bottle.

It's also good to be closed for excursions.

Edited by crusinpsychRN