Best Beaches in Nassau - Oasis

shaycaravella

Hi All,

We will be traveling to Nassau on our upcoming sailing on Oasis of the Seas. The first stop will be Nassau and we are looking to just relax on a local beach. We are looking for one that is close enough to walk from port, has access to public restrooms, as well as possibly a place to grab some quick food and drinks before we head back to the ship. Any insight would be appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

We will be traveling to Nassau on our upcoming sailing on Oasis of the Seas. The first stop will be Nassau and we are looking to just relax on a local beach. We are looking for one that is close enough to walk from port, has access to public restrooms, as well as possibly a place to grab some quick food and drinks before we head back to the ship. Any insight would be appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance

Junkanoo Beach is close, free, and you can just pay ala carte for your food/drinks/chair

Or the Hilton in Nassau might be a good fit, close to the port, OK beach, restrooms, chairs, and a food and drink credit per person. I can't remember what the cost is, like 50-60.00 per person. I think we paid around 65.00 pp and got a 40.00 per person food and drink credit

Edited by aubreyc1988

I don't think the best beaches in Nassau are within walking distance of the pier.

There is Junkanoo which is close and free.

There is also the Colonial Hilton which is closer and has a per person day charge.

If you are willing to take a bus or taxi, there are nicer beaches.

We are there on Oasis next Feb. If we stay onboard with outs drinks package I'm failing to see the advantage of paying to be in a resort hotel. If we just wanted sun could we just stay onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not free and certainly not walking distance, but we thoroughly enjoyed the Blue Lagoon beach excursion for a beach day in Nassau. One of the best excursions we have done.

Ditto. We also quite enjoyed Blue Lagoon excursion. Beach is pretty and peaceful, with option of aqua park, viewing dolphins (or participating in encounter). The excursion has a ferry to get you there and back. I have pictures on my report link below (page 4).

Edited by LuCruise