Sun delayed in San Francisco 8/9

gcvt

Looks like she was supposed to leave at 5:00pm local time. Now after 8:00pm here. Anyone know what the hold up is? Grand just left so it can't be weather related.

I can't even find the roll call for this one :confused:

Edited by gcvt

On another thread someone posted the comment that the Sun P is staying an extra day in San Francisco to have some work done to fix an electrical problem. They will have three days in San Francisco but miss San Diego.

Edited by Aus Traveller

On another thread someone posted the comment that the Sun P is staying an extra day in San Francisco to have some work done to fix an electrical problem. They will have three days in San Francisco but miss San Diego.

Ah! I must have missed that thread. Thanks for the info. I knew she had generator issues back in April but hadn't heard about any recent problems. Hopefully they're out enjoying San Francisco this evening. The fog has lifted and it's a nice night out.

Wish we were going on this cruise! Mmm 25-day...err 24-day...to Australia. So jealous.

Edited by gcvt

hahaha! I interpreted the title of this thread wrong.

Living quite near San Francisco, I though you were stating that the sun peeking through the marine layer was delayed. Some days, it doesn't even show at all. I am laughing at my misinterpretation. :D

PS -- my cousins were just visiting me from Florida a couple of weeks ago. They got to the coast and called me asking me when the fog was going to clear. I said, well, could be in two hours, it could be next month. LOL

Living quite near San Francisco, I though you were stating that the sun peeking through the marine layer was delayed. Some days, it doesn't even show at all. I am laughing at my misinterpretation. :D

PS -- my cousins were just visiting me from Florida a couple of weeks ago. They got to the coast and called me asking me when the fog was going to clear. I said, well, could be in two hours, it could be next month. LOL

I never invite out of town guests for a visit during the month of July. I always tell them to come out any month but July.

As I was walking around the Plaza in Sonoma, CA yesterday I bumped into a CC friend who had three guests with her. They were having a great day of wine tasting and sight seeing. They were all on the Sun and told me about their extra day. They were none too bothered as they said it gave them the opportunity to see even more of our area. You just never know where you might bump into some fellow cruisers! Talking with them made me even more excited about my next cruise!

I never invite out of town guests for a visit during the month of July. I always tell them to come out any month but July.

As a native I would say, June, July and August should be avoided... foggy, more tourist in town as well. Best months in San Francisco are September and October weather wise.

Actually, my DH doesn't like house guests too much so he would prefer they come in July. They will think long and hard before returning. LOL :D

They actually came out for the SF marathon. While here, they wanted to do some other touring. I think they were surprised at our fickle weather. It was over 100 in the valley, freezing cold in the City and well, very pleasant here in the middle.

When I saw what they were wearing to go on the night tour over at Alcatraz, I asked them where their jackets were. They said, it's July ... we should be ok. They came back and said it was absolutely freezing over there!! Very foggy and very windy to say the least. I tried to warn them about Karl (the fog) ... even offered them my fleece lined water resistant jacket but they swore they would be ok. hahaha!! We looked up the weather in several ports in Alaska and it was warmer there than in San Francisco. Not sure if it was Mark Twain that really said this ... but here goes:

The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.

I prefer Sept and Oct for going anywhere along the coast or going over to the City. Last year we took a cruise on the Infinity in Sept with an overnighter in SF. And.... it was it hot!! I think it was in the mid 90's both days. Very unusual for SF, even in the fall.

Haha! I can almost see our RV across the street...not quite. Literally cannot see the apartment building opposite of us.

The GF's parents were here from NY last week. No idea why. Why not come in September when it's awesome? :confused: Even with the fog, they were amazed with our "view". What?

Edited by gcvt