No more fish & chips on Conquest

Crusin' from Fl

Well here is why...from John Heald's fb page this morning:

Also on the Carnival Conquest on Deck 9 aft we have the new Seafood Corner.

Seafood lovers here is the menu for you to drool over:

New England Clam Chowder in Bread Bowl....... $4

Lobster Roll................................................... $12

Lobster BLT.................................................... $12

Crab Cake Sliders............................................$8

Fish and Chips................................................$6

Fried Seafood Platter......................................$10

(Fish, Shrimp, Clams, Calamari and Fries)

Buckets

Fried Buffalo Shrimp........................................$6

Fried Clam Strips............................................. $5

Fried Shrimp & Clam Strip Combo...................$6

Market

Steamed Lobster by the Pound.......................MP

Snow Crab by Pound......................................MP

Steamed Peel & Eat Shrimp by the Pound.......MP

*Raw Oyster by the each.................................MP

MP= Market Price

What would you have?

We'll be on the Vista in Oct and will be having the Lobster rolls, Fried clams and Clam chowder for sure....possibly other items as well

Also you get (2) Lobster rolls for the $12 so it's a great deal(Just paid $14 for 1 where we live) Plus you can get them with drawn butter if you don't like them with mayo

Looks like I've had my last "Fish-n-Chips" aboard Conquest, however I do look forward to giving the BBQ a shot. (Booked on Conquest in Jan 2017) I have to agree that the Fish-n-Chips was "hit and miss" and perhaps the BBQ will be better. In any case, I won't be paying extra for "Fish-n-Chips" anytime soon. :eek:

"SKY"

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

Another for-pay food stop (calling it a restaurant might be a stretch). More fodder for the "I'll Never Pay For Food on a Cruise" and the "Relentless Carnival Cutbacks" camps.

We pay routinely for food on a cruise (only the pay sushi is not worth it, and that's because we've tried it and found it lacking, not the base price per se) and these prices still seem steep to me. Hope they don't raise the prices of everything else, as we really do enjoy the value of the paid options. This venue basically has land prices! Usually it feels like an upcharge but that takes into consideration you've paid a fare already.

Actually, the best Fish and Chips they used to serve was for lunch on Thursdays in the MDR. I used to order that and the raviolis.

Alas, gone as well.

Ravioli's or lunch on Thursdays in the MDR?

Sent from my iPhone

Ravioli's or lunch on Thursdays in the MDR?

Sent from my iPhone

If I need to clarify the subject of a basic sentence, suddenly everything is quite clear.

Fish and chips AND raviolis for lunch on Thursdays (I'll further clarify that this would be for a Sunday embarkation cruise).

It was the real deal.

If I need to clarify the subject of a basic sentence, suddenly everything is quite clear.

Fish and chips AND raviolis for lunch on Thursdays (I'll further clarify that this would be for a Sunday embarkation cruise).

It was the real deal.

Just trying to understand.

Sent from my iPhone

Bbq is free

Sent from my iPhone

Well, that's not true, is it? It's included in your fare.

But the list of food that's NOT included in your fare just seems to continue growing at alarming rates. How long ago was John Heald making fun of other lines that were charging for food on top of paying a fare?

Question:

Is the BBQ joint an add your own BBQ sauce after they cook the meat with the seasonings or is it a cook the meat in your sauce? That'll tell if I can even attempt to try it as I can't eat any BBQ sauce due to my allergies to tomatoes and bell peppers. Darn tomato paste.

That's a great question, as I prefer to add my own sauce (and often, none at all if it's really GOOD pulled pork).

Happily from the menu posted later, it looks like the sauce is separate. Hooray!

Gosh a-mighty, why yes, it is. So is the cost of dining on Lido, and Guy's Burger Joint, and the MDR, and Blue Iguana Cantina, and Pizza Pirate, and Pizza Pirate Plus (after 11pm they add lasagna), and the Lido Deli, and the Mongolian Wok, and...... All included.

Would you prefer that Carnival start charging for those, too?

But the list of food that's NOT included in your fare just seems to continue growing at alarming rates. How long ago was John Heald making fun of other lines that were charging for food on top of paying a fare?

Of the Big Three, Carnival is still the clear winner when it comes to fee-included dining options. Here, they've replaced a grill in the back of the ship that was NEVER open on Conquest last October with a for-fee eatery....and added a "free" eatery that will probably be more popular than the Fish'n'Chips location.* It's a decent trade.

---

* IF people can find it before the third day of the cruise.....

Gosh a-mighty, why yes, it is. So is the cost of dining on Lido, and Guy's Burger Joint, and the MDR, and Blue Iguana Cantina, and Pizza Pirate, and Pizza Pirate Plus (after 11pm they add lasagna), and the Lido Deli, and the Mongolian Wok, and...... All included.

Would you prefer that Carnival start charging for those, too?

Give it time. They are slowly nudging it in that direction. While they continue down this path, and they see people stating, "SURE I'LL PAY MORE FOR ANYTHING", they will continue to move down it.

Each time they do, they add to the mix something once free, and start charging for it. This way you pay for it twice.

Still waiting by the way......

I still go back to when JH laughed at RCCL for charging for a steak in the DR.

Never say never' date=' not willing to bet but as long as people iine up to pay extra there will be more and more paid food choices[/quote']

I cannot argue with things will change if people will pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone

I cannot argue with things will change if people will pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone

If Carnival didn't charge something, it would be impossible to keep up with demand. What mass market cruise line gives away lobster rolls on a daily basis?

If Carnival didn't charge something, it would be impossible to keep up with demand. What mass market cruise line gives away lobster rolls on a daily basis?

Can understand charging for premium stuff like that but when they started charging for things that were included like fish and chips, than I have to object.