Cruise Critic locking up on my laptop. Anyone else?

I am unable to scroll down on CC on my laptop. It keeps locking up. No problems with other websites or on my phone (Tapatalk). Is anyone else having this problem? I just want to make sure it is not a glitch with my computer. [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not seeing that particular problem, but I've seen other complaints about CC locking up. I use Firefox and have Flash set to "Ask to Activate". This stops Flash from running most of the time and seems to alleviate my problems. If there is a video I want to see that requires Flash, I can click a box to activate it.

I'm not seeing that particular problem, but I've seen other complaints about CC locking up. I use Firefox and have Flash set to "Ask to Activate". This stops Flash from running most of the time and seems to alleviate my problems. If there is a video I want to see that requires Flash, I can click a box to activate it.

It does seem to be a problem with Flash. I use Chrome and I am not very computer literate. I will check to see if I can turn off Flash. I was thinking of clearing out my cookies. Not sure if that would help?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mine too. I use Firefox and I get problems with Shockwave and Flash.

That was happening to me so I updated Flash and installed an ad blocker. I'm not sure which one did the trick but now I'm not having the problem. I use Firefox.

This has been happening to me on 2 different laptops. Flash crashes multiple times using Chrome. I have tried multiple plugin settings and nothing has helped except disabling flash. Of course that causes problems with other websites. It is very frustrating and my wife has stopped using CC to research our upcoming cruise. I will try Bob's suggestion.

Oh well, don't have the Ask option on Chrome.

Edited by Espn

It does seem to be a problem with Flash. I use Chrome and I am not very computer literate. I will check to see if I can turn off Flash. I was thinking of clearing out my cookies. Not sure if that would help?

I don't know if clearing the cookies and cache will help the lock up issue. If you don't mind losing all your web based logins and passwords. give it a try, but I'd try the Flash thing first.

Yep ... it's related to the flash adds on the boards. The Flash ads will slowly chew up the browser memory until it crashes. Restarting the browser will free the memory until it crashes again.

There are various ways to block Flash depending on the browser. But once it's blocked the issue should go away. I run Chrome and FireFox, but prefer FireFox for this site as you can click on the 'lego block' in the address bar and block flash for that specific site.

Edited by Brocktoon623

I don't know if clearing the cookies and cache will help the lock up issue. If you don't mind losing all your web based logins and passwords. give it a try, but I'd try the Flash thing first.

I too use Chrome and am on my third Chromebook (HP). Very happy with them but Shockwave and/or Flash seems to be a problem.

I have installed AdBlock and it has done the trick. It also eliminated slow loading with some news media sites that have tons of ads.

Edited by Scotty G
clarify

I believe Chrome is soon going to default to disabling flash.

Although it's a few versions down the road ... FireFox is also starting auto block various Flash content. I think the target is to have Flash 'click to activate' and off by default by 2017. HTML5 has wiped out a large need for Flash, but I know many web based games still keep a need for Flash and Java

Something appears to be going on. I too am having intermittent difficulty / delays scrolling and navigating thru CC today. This is on my desk top at work. No issues outside of CC (on my actual work stuff) that I can see.

I have issues in Firefox. It locks everything up and pops up a window saying a script has stopped running. I switched to chrome and have no issues. I tend to use my smartphone and the cruise critic app most of the time, though

I use Edge or IE or Chrome, and have the same problem occasionally with either. I have to go up to the top and star over on boards. That works till the next time. It seems to be with the ads that are causing the problem.

Thanks for that idea Bob! I use Chrome and I've been having the same problems with Cruise Critic locking and it seems to be a flash problem. I'm going to switch browsers to see if that helps.

Di