Stockholder Benefit Submission - Fax Machine Down

Mcruisin

Just called Princess Booking Support to see if they had received my fax application submitted on August 7th. They checked (not sure why), indicated no they did not receive it and then informed me that their fax machine has been down since July 7th and I should send the form in via regular mail. Anyone successfully fax their request and receive their credit recently?

No, July 7th... Seemed very strange. Said they wished they knew when a new fax machine was going to arrive...

Sounds like I should submit it again. Still time to send in USPS if I need to.

Thanks to everyone for responding!

I'll keep my eyes open while I wander through rummage sales this weekend, maybe I can find them a nice gently used machine from the 1970's or 1980's.

I would have no problem spending a few bucks for the machine and donating it to Princess, to help them remain in the dark ages.

(Seriously Princess, get with the program - please let us begin to send these proof of ownership documents via email as attachments)

Or just use a computer to receive faxes. My computer at home is the fax receiver and everything is converted to a PDF and emailed to me. No paper involved (good since most are spam).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, July 7th... Seemed very strange. Said they wished they knew when a new fax machine was going to arrive...

Sounds like I should submit it again. Still time to send in USPS if I need to.

I Faxed mine on August 2nd and it was posted within a day or two. How could that possibly be with no operational fax machine? :rolleyes:

I can't believe with the number of faxed requests they don't receive them on a computer. Why use an old-fashioned mechanical fax machine with its inherent paper cost and waste?

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Update...Based on all your comments, I resent the fax this afternoon. The credits (3 cruises) were all posted within an hour! The 'FAX Fairy" must have paid a visit.:):)

I would like to see them accept an email attachment also. Perhaps they are concerned that if someone doesn't blank out the account information the customer would be at greater risk than it being sent via fax.

Update...Based on all your comments, I resent the fax this afternoon. The credits (3 cruises) were all posted within an hour! The 'FAX Fairy" must have paid a visit.:):)

I would like to see them accept an email attachment also. Perhaps they are concerned that if someone doesn't blank out the account information the customer would be at greater risk than it being sent via fax.

The problem with emails is that attachments can have malware in them. Lots of companies no longer allow any email attachments. Ours only allowed them when notified that safe attachments were coming in, and even then they got scanned before putting them on the network.

I don't have long distance on my home phone so send requests via snail mail. Last one only took 5 days, including USPS time. Not worth my time to use an internet fax account for a couple of transmissions a year.

The problem with emails is that attachments can have malware in them. Lots of companies no longer allow any email attachments. Ours only allowed them when notified that safe attachments were coming in, and even then they got scanned before putting them on the network.

I don't have long distance on my home phone so send requests via snail mail. Last one only took 5 days, including USPS time. Not worth my time to use an internet fax account for a couple of transmissions a year.

I have always also used USPS without issue. The only issue might be getting it in on time if your cruise is soon.

Edited by Musky Ike

So Princess really reads CC posts!:)

FYI: your faxes to Princess don't go to a fax machine, they go to a computer. And you know how temperamental computers can be.:rolleyes:

Exactly. A fax machine down since July 7th? It's like they roll an 'answer dice' and whatever comes up is the response. Making sense is not a requirement.

FYI: your faxes to Princess don't go to a fax machine, they go to a computer. And you know how temperamental computers can be.:rolleyes:

Yep - roger that - bingo - the software is called RightFax - one of the most popular commercial fax routing software products. The "agents" processing these "faxes" pull them up on their PC - whilst working from home. I've verified this with 2 different agents.

If you're looking for "work at home" opportunities, contact Princess Cruises.

Maybe the fax machine wasn't down but one of the DS0's or a whole DS1 in the DID trunk group is/was gefunkte.

I faxed a request on Monday, Aug. 8, and when it hadn't shown up on the Personalizer by today I called Princess. The woman I talked to told me they were working on faxes received August 9. She looked through whatever they look through and could not find mine so I had to fax it again. I did that this afternoon. She did not mention anything about the fax machine being down. I just checked and the credit still hasn't been added so I guess I will have to fax it again or snail mail it.