main dining room food celebrity constellation

belli2006

I was on the Connie for 14 nights in July.Had second seating in the MDR.

Best entrees were the lamb, lobster, grilled pork chop, the sirlion steak on the every night menu. Roast chicken, turkey, most fish dishes were fine but not outstanding. Loved all the soups, both hot or cold. Appetizers were nice but I cannot remember all of them:wraps, shirmp cocktail , fruit plate.

For dessert I always order one of their ice creams or sorbet.

We sailed on Connie in February. Went to Ocean Liners the first night for cook by table Lobster was fabulous. On another occassion went to Tuscan Grill had the fillet and was very good and everybody enjoyed the meal. Rest of dinners we went to the MDR.

Food I'd rate very good but not super oustanding. All meals were very good and we never sent anything back. We are not fussy people. If you are a little bigger eater you learn to order extra. On one occasion a starter was scallop rockafeller. They brought one small to medium scallop in a seashell. I laughed and looked at my wife and i said really.

Other than that they are smaller portions. I liked the french onion and shrimp cocktail for starters. Lobster was good. Lamb was good.

All in all food was good. The buffet was good and had a nice variety. Dont know how you couldnt like it. But its hard to please everyone and appeal to everyone.

Enjoy your cruise!

We were on the Connie in April. We had limited meals in the MDR. On the specialty nights we found the lobster tails overcooked ( very difficulty to get then right for the mass market) and found the Beef Wellington pastry to be soggy and generally unappetising. Our biggest concern was after travelling on X 5 times in just over a year we found the unchanged menus uninspiring. Getting our first drink proved a bit of a hassle as I am of the strong belief that drink/bar servers on X ships have been cut back dramatically.

hi everyone how is the food in main dining on the connie please? when did you sail what year? on her

Right, first of all we were on her last month our 16th on Celebrity 3rd on Connie.

Food I found a bit off in the MDR IN 13nts there was a couple of dinners that were less than great! But the speciality restaurants were great, and we still had a lovely cruise. Hope you enjoy yours. Dianne

I sailed on the 23rd of July and found the food in the MDR good.

I like the fact that our server made substitutions to cater to our likes.

And, if you want a second or even third appetizer or even a second main to try something else, it was never a problem.

We are on Connie right now, day 7 of 11 night cruise. Overall, we've found MDR food to be good to very good. It's true that the starters can be very modest in size (the raspberry coulis on one was literally 3 dots for instance) however as others have posted there is no difficulty at all to order a 2nd starter or even entree if you would like to try something different. A couple of the menus have been less appealing but we are not big fans of cold soups or fish so YMMV. Personal favourite so far is pork chop -- it's pan fried to avoid being dry. The chicken was also moist but have not tried the turkey.