Emirate part of Fly Cruise

maddy_o

Just as a follow up to my original query, I contacted Emirates again about seat requests and got the below replies:

"I am pleased to confirm that the flights have now been ticketed, hence, i would now be in a position to request seats together for your booked flights with Emirate from Dublin to Dubai

May i kindly request whether you have a preference for a window/middle/aisle seat with seats together?"

I requested 2 seats together in a back row of any block of seats and got the following reply:

I will forward on your requests now to my flights team highlighting your preferences of a window and middle seat onboard the aircraft

We will certainly try for a back row seat, however, i cannot 100% guarantee this i'm afraid

In any case, your seat numbers will be confirmed at the check in desks at the airport. However, we will of course ensure the airline is aware of your requests beforehand.

Hopefully we wil be seated together now.

Hi Maddy, you say in your post that you contacted Emirates, was it direct to them or via MSC when you mention you used the online contact form? Edited by peteukmcr

Hi Maddy, you say in your post that you contacted Emirates, was it direct to them or via MSC when you mention you used the online contact form?

I contacted MSC direct through their online form on the website.

I had contacted Emirates early last year but they could not help me as it was group booking and they advised me to get back in contact with MSC.

I contacted MSC direct through their online form on the website.

I had contacted Emirates early last year but they could not help me as it was group booking and they advised me to get back in contact with MSC.

Many thanks. I'll be contacting them soon for ours in March.

I'm confused Maddy, did you get that email about the seating from Emirates or MSC? Thanks!

Apologies for the confustion, I contacted MSC. I have just seen that I wrote Emirates in the original post. This was a typo.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow up, while queuing in the airport earlier to check in for our flight a lady was asking everyone who was going on the cruise and how many bags they had. She said all cruise passenger seats had been pre allocated and she was unsure if they could be changed but to ask at the desk.

At the desk I asked the gentleman did we have seats together and he confirmed we did and that they had received a prior request from MSC regarding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the update Maddy. I emailed MSC and got a reply saying to email again 4 weeks before cruise. Fingers crossed. Have a great cruise. Ken

Hi Ken .............. I've flights booked out to Dubai (from Dublin) with Emirates for a cruise on Fantasia- I contacted my TA about seating on Emirates and have been categorically advised that, as it's a group booking from MSC, Emirates will NOT pre-assign seats and that we will have to check in early if DH and I want seats together!

Hi Ken .............. I've flights booked out to Dubai (from Dublin) with Emirates for a cruise on Fantasia- I contacted my TA about seating on Emirates and have been categorically advised that, as it's a group booking from MSC, Emirates will NOT pre-assign seats and that we will have to check in early if DH and I want seats together!

Hi Bea. Yep. Trying to pre-empt a situation like that. MSC seem willing to pass it on and Maddy's experience is encouraging. Ken

Yep. Trying to pre-empt a situation like that. MSC seem willing to pass it on and Maddy's experience is encouraging. Ken

Best of luck, Ken - my TA has had no joy :( Did you book directly with MSC?

Edited by Beamafar

Best of luck, Ken - my TA has had no joy :( Did you book directly with MSC?

Yes Bea, direct with MSC. On our last cruise, which we booked via a TA, we were able to log on with ref and prebook and pay for our Aer Lingus seats. Different with Emirates l guess.

Yes Bea, direct with MSC. On our last cruise, which we booked via a TA, we were able to log on with ref and prebook and pay for our Aer Lingus seats. Different with Emirates l guess.

I should clarify, Ken, that I had rung the TA about seat allocation and had been told that they'd had this issue with MSC and had never got anywhere. I decided to email the TA company, quoting the responses Maddy posted here and the TA is now forwarding on our request re seating to MSC. It remains to be seen how we get on. I'd prefer to sit next to DH on such a long flight and can't understand why airlines can't facilitate that in block bookings.

I found Maddy's comment interesting about the lady at the airport asking people if they were going on the cruise - was it someone from Emirates, I wonder? And if so, why, if seats had been pre-allocated?

Hi All

Having checked our booking earlier this week I saw that our flight tickets had been issued so I telephoned MSC and a very helpful rep advised that she couldn't give me the ticket numbers but submitted a request to Emirates for us to get 2 seats together on the upper deck on our outbound flight. Manchester - Dubai EK20 is only 2 class config so there's an economy cabin on the upper deck of the A380 with the seat layout 2-4-2, and seats together on the inbound on the lower deck. EK17 is a 3 class config so economy on lower deck configured as 3-4-3.

Hi all

I can only speak from my own experience and when I originally contacted MSC I had requested 2 seats together in a back row. We were allocated 48A and 49B on the outbound and I am currently sitting in seat 49A on the way home [emoji22](On Emirates free wifi).

I'm not sure which company the lady in the airport was from and I'm not sure what the significance was about asking how many pieces of luggage we had. She just had all our names on a list and was crossing them off as we confirmed them. There was no one at the airport this morning.

Just a bit of extra info too, Sir Bani Yas Island was canceled again this week due to bad weather and was replaced with Khasab. They also extended our Khor Al Fakkan stop from 8-1 to 8-6.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi All!

Apologies in advance for posting here, I started a Roll Call for my cruise MSC Fantasia - 7 Nights Dubai and Abu Dhabi, but since there seem to be anyone joining I though I would post here since I can see related topics. We have booked an excursion in Khor Fakkan for me and my husband and we are looking for anyone to join us as it will workout cheaper if we have a minimum of 14 people and it's only €45 per person.

Here is a link to the site: https://www.shorelineexcursions.com/excursion/khor-fakkan-excursion-from-east-coast/

You can book directly from there, here is my email address in case you need to keen in touch jodi.moltz@yahoo.com

We look forward to meet as many you :)

Jodi and Martyn

Hi All!

Apologies in advance for posting here, I started a Roll Call for my cruise MSC Fantasia - 7 Nights Dubai and Abu Dhabi, but since there seem to be anyone joining I though I would post here since I can see related topics. We have booked an excursion in Khor Fakkan for me and my husband and we are looking for anyone to join us as it will workout cheaper if we have a minimum of 14 people and it's only €45 per person.

Jodi and Martyn

You didn't indicate the date of your cruise.

Hi All

Having done this cruise recently with Emirates flights I can advise how to select seats.

If you wait until you receive your tickets from MSC there will be a flight voucher. On the flight voucher will be a PNR for the booking and your ticket numbers for emirates.

If you call up emirates and give them both the PNR and the ticket numbers they will allocate seats for you that you request.

You can also do the same online. If you put the PNR into Emirates website it will bring up another page asking for Surname & Ticket Number. If you enter these details it will load up the Manage my Booking page where you can select seats.

If anyone has any trouble let me know and ill help where I can

Thanks

ZJC

Hi All

Having done this cruise recently with Emirates flights I can advise how to select seats.

If you wait until you receive your tickets from MSC there will be a flight voucher. On the flight voucher will be a PNR for the booking and your ticket numbers for emirates.

If you call up emirates and give them both the PNR and the ticket numbers they will allocate seats for you that you request.

You can also do the same online. If you put the PNR into Emirates website it will bring up another page asking for Surname & Ticket Number. If you enter these details it will load up the Manage my Booking page where you can select seats.

If anyone has any trouble let me know and ill help where I can

Thanks

ZJC

Thanks for this. This is exactly what I expected (especially as I work in travel and this is exactly what I advise my clients) but even though my booking shows that the flight tickets have been issued, MSC will not give me the PNR nor ticket numbers as they state they are part of a group booking. We are just 2 days away from receiving our e-tickets from MSC and am expecting some flight information and so hopefully will find the PNR. I would like this as I wish to provide this to the Emirates Senior Sales Exec who I deal with on a regular basis.

Thanks for this. This is exactly what I expected (especially as I work in travel and this is exactly what I advise my clients) but even though my booking shows that the flight tickets have been issued, MSC will not give me the PNR nor ticket numbers as they state they are part of a group booking. We are just 2 days away from receiving our e-tickets from MSC and am expecting some flight information and so hopefully will find the PNR. I would like this as I wish to provide this to the Emirates Senior Sales Exec who I deal with on a regular basis.

Hi

Its no problem, MSC for some reason or other refuse to provide this information. It was only when I got my E-Tickets that I saw the PNR and the E-Ticket numbers. both of which then allow you to log into your individual booking within the bigger group booking.

Certain areas are excluded when you go in but you can select seats. Although you cannot check in online so there is always the risk you could be moved.