Emirate part of Fly Cruise

maddy_o

Hi All

Having done this cruise recently with Emirates flights I can advise how to select seats.

If you wait until you receive your tickets from MSC there will be a flight voucher. On the flight voucher will be a PNR for the booking and your ticket numbers for emirates.

If you call up emirates and give them both the PNR and the ticket numbers they will allocate seats for you that you request.

You can also do the same online. If you put the PNR into Emirates website it will bring up another page asking for Surname & Ticket Number. If you enter these details it will load up the Manage my Booking page where you can select seats.

If anyone has any trouble let me know and ill help where I can

Thanks

ZJC

The following is what I got on Emirates online:

Important:

Sorry, you must contact your group administrator to update the email address on file for this booking, before it can be managed online.

The following is what I got on Emirates online:

Hi Beamafar,

I got this message initially when I tried to log in but 2 days later I was able to log in without issues. If you want to allocate your seats now just give Emirates a call.

I rang when I got that message and they were more than happy to allocate the seats over the phone. I then checked 2 days later and I was able to log in online and change the seats etc.

Hi Beamafar,

I got this message initially when I tried to log in but 2 days later I was able to log in without issues. If you want to allocate your seats now just give Emirates a call.

I rang when I got that message and they were more than happy to allocate the seats over the phone. I then checked 2 days later and I was able to log in online and change the seats etc.

Thank you for that - I'll do as you suggest. Appreciate it ;)

Update:

Just got off the phone with Emirates - wow, how helpful are they?! I've seats allocated for both outward and return and, while I've no idea how good they are, I'm happy that (a) I'm seated next to DH and (b) I've a window seat. Again, thanks zjc!

Edited by Beamafar

Update:

Just got off the phone with Emirates - wow, how helpful are they?! I've seats allocated for both outward and return and, while I've no idea how good they are, I'm happy that (a) I'm seated next to DH and (b) I've a window seat. Again, thanks zjc!

No worries at all. I rang them as soon as I couldn't get onto the Emirates website and they were more than happy to help me.

Even recommended where I sat on both flights. MSC should make customers aware you can reserve seats. I was speaking with people on the ship from the same flight as me and they had all been split up from who they were travelling with because the booking treats everyone as individuals. Very annoying for them!

Glad your stored :)

Update:

Just wondering, when are you sailing on Fantasia?

I'd give you a wave at disembarkation but I believe we'll be getting off at an ungodly hour that morning :eek:

Not sure what flight your on but we were on the 7AM Emirates to Manchester and we were at the airport for 3:30AM!! They had us off the ship and onto coaches at 3AM.

Not sure what flight your on but we were on the 7AM Emirates to Manchester and we were at the airport for 3:30AM!! They had us off the ship and onto coaches at 3AM.

That's what I understand will happen to us too are we're on EK17. At least we get back at a reasonable hour, even if exhausted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, we're on a 7am flight to Dublin so I reckon it'll be the same for us :( That's the downside of booking flights and cruise as a package with MSC - the upside is we got a great price for a fantastica balcony. A bonus is we've been upgraded to Aurea, so I'm not complaining :)

To be fair to MSC they did handle the disembarkation really well.

The buffet is open for Breakfast if you can stomach it at that hour. And when you arrive at Dubai airport they have a dedicated check in area for passengers from the ship so you can check in separate from the main airport right where the coach drops off.

Thankfully after a few coffee's in the airport the return flight wasn't too bad at all and I managed to get through the day when we arrived back into Manchester without feeling overly tired.

BTW does anyone know what the checked baggage allowance was? Standard for EK economy is 30kgs, but they do sometimes have 'specials' (so I'm not sure if this is what a group booking is classed as) which now only has 20kgs (it changed in June 2016 to include this lower allowance)

Zjc ................ That's really good to know - hopefully we'll manage to get some sleep on the long flight home.

Pete ............. Our tickets are showing 30kg allowance. I had already confirmed this with my TA for this trip as my recent Sinfonia repo to Durban included flights with Emirates and the allowance on that flight was 2 x 23kg bags from Durban - a fact a previous TA hadn't picked up on.

Zjc ................ That's really good to know - hopefully we'll manage to get some sleep on the long flight home.

Pete ............. Our tickets are showing 30kg allowance. I had already confirmed this with my TA for this trip as my recent Sinfonia repo to Durban included flights with Emirates and the allowance on that flight was 2 x 23kg bags from Durban - a fact a previous TA hadn't picked up on.

Thanks Bea, great to know

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Bea. When you flying? Friday night? Hope you have a great trip! I will expect lots of information when you get back. Ken

Hi Ken ............... next Friday night. You know I'm doing the alternative route to yours? I'll do my best on any info you're looking for. ;)

PS I really don't like these new emojis - the expressions aren't as obvious as the old ones. For instance, the one I've just used is supposed to be winking :confused:

Hi Ken ............... next Friday night. You know I'm doing the alternative route to yours? I'll do my best on any info you're looking for. ;)

PS I really don't like these new emojis - the expressions aren't as obvious as the old ones. For instance, the one I've just used is supposed to be winking :confused:

Look forward to any info. Currently overdosing on YouTube videos of Dubai and Fantasia!! On emojis, my phone doesn't even display the ones l select!! :eek::(:cool:

Look forward to any info. Currently overdosing on YouTube videos of Dubai and Fantasia!! On emojis, my phone doesn't even display the ones l select!! :eek::(:cool:

Fantasia is very similar to Preziosa and Divina, Ken. Just a tad smaller and doesn't have the 'secret' elevators - the same goes for Splendida which I see you have booked for later on. They both only have one Speciality restaurant, too, Tex Mex - El Sombrero on F and Santa Fe on S.

Fantasia is very similar to Preziosa and Divina, Ken. Just a tad smaller and doesn't have the 'secret' elevators - the same goes for Splendida which I see you have booked for later on. They both only have one Speciality restaurant, too, Tex Mex - El Sombrero on F and Santa Fe on S.

Yes. It's eerily similar, to the extent l stopped looking! I know the layout. But, it's always good to hear fresh reports!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Update: As discussed earlier in this thread, I emailed MSC at exactly 4 weeks out from embarkation. They replied very promptly that they had emailed Emirates and requested the seats I had asked for but no guarantees etc. So, last week, after getting the etickets (awful hassle with MSC website!), I rang Emirates and spoke with the most helpful support person I have ever encountered!! He checked and confirmed we have been allocated seats together(we are 2 parties of 2) each side of the seats I had requested! I guess if I was not a client in a group booking, I could have booked them direct. We are happy enough and delighted not to worry about being split up etc.

Many thanks to all who contributed on this thread. Ken.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone able to explain the benefit to booking your flight through MSC? Is there a cost savings? We are looking at a MED cruise next year and I'm trying to decide if I should book though MSC or just book my flight myself. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is anyone able to explain the benefit to booking your flight through MSC? Is there a cost savings? We are looking at a MED cruise next year and I'm trying to decide if I should book though MSC or just book my flight myself. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think it depends where you are flying to and sailing from. For us, this Emirates deal with MSC was only slightly more expensive than I could get the flights for and by booking with MSC coach transfers were included from/to Dubai airport so there wasn't much difference.

Then again for our upcoming sailing from Civitavecchia (with another cruise line), organising our own flights to/from Rome was more cost effective as it would have cost far more if I had booked via the cruise line.

I think you need to see how much MSC are charging for flights and check how much you could get them for if you booked yourself.