Haven Newbie on Escape

Elevatorman

I agree with your choice of deck 17. It's always better to have cabins above you! We were in 17108 a few weeks ago. We had our 7 y.o. Son with us, so there were 3 of us- and there was plenty of room! Being slightly more forward, we didn't get any noise from the courtyard area. The balcony seemed slightly longer than our neighbors...we were easily able to fit 3 chairs along with the small table. This cabin is port side, which gave us great views.

That said, we are back in Escape in the Haven next year and are in 17724- which is starboard side & more toward mid ship. I don't think any location would be "bad".

Consider the Spa Haven suites. Includes week-long access for the two of you and usually cheaper than the Haven Penthouse (because its located on 16, a deck below the Haven). If you spend a lot of time on your balcony, consider the aft- or forward-facing suites, but they will spoil you space-wise! If you're going to pick a Penthouse, definitely do 17 - I've heard of early-morning noise complaints since public areas are directly above the suites on 18. I have not personally stayed on 18. Our favorite are the aft-facing suites, even though they area haul from The Haven.

We could recommend a Haven Spa suite, Deluxe if available, which gives you access to the Haven areas and the Spa. I just put up a short video online which gives you an idea how the Haven Spa suite and deluxe Spa suite look like, as well as the Haven 2bedroom family villa, but guess that would be too large for 2 persons. Haven Spa suites are ideal for 2 persons, if you're planning to stay in one of the Haven staterooms. Have a good time! We surely did :)

Edited by MemeCruise

We like the H7 forward facing penthouse. Cheaper than courtyard balconies and has a separate living room and great forward facing views.

Bird, can you add any tips/tricks/advice about these rooms? My wife and I and our two DDs are staying in 11706 in September. We have stayed in the Haven on the GA (just my wife and I) but never a FF PH and never with our kids (9 and 6).

Any help would be appreciated.

deleted

Absolutely, thank you. Yes, we knew to avoid the HC rooms, and the ones on deck 14. When we booked, all that was left were rooms on decks 9, 10, and 11 (so I chose the highest deck, and a room that was not HC).

Absolutely, thank you. Yes, we knew to avoid the HC rooms, and the ones on deck 14. When we booked, all that was left were rooms on decks 9, 10, and 11 (so I chose the highest deck, and a room that was not HC).

I didn't see that you were already booked, d'oh.

That's why I deleted the useless post. :o