Allure Sailing August 14 Pre trip Notes & Sort of Live Blog

jd99

Well at last our time is here. I'm sitting in our room at the Hyatt Pier 66 looking at the Oasis and we are ready for tomorrow. Our first ever Royal Caribbean sailing after 20 Disney cruises, we are excited but a little anxious about sailing a new line. We have done all the research, asked a ton of questions here and gotten great feedback from many of you. Restaurants and shows are booked, forms completed and printed, cameras charged.

For background, we will eat at Chops, Izumi Hibachi and Giovanni's. We have the late dining time in the MDR as well. We have booked all the shows - whether we see them all is another thing but we will definitely see Mama Mia and Oceanaria. I have booked a premium drink package for myself and my wife is bringing 2 bottles of wine onboard for her primary consumption. My daughters (12 and 17) have their own cabin - an inside across the hall from our 8th deck balcony cabin - for the first time ever and that has brought a lot of excitement their way.

I won't be posting pics because I find having to use photobucket too much a pain, but I will try to offer some insights here to help future cruisers like us.

Today we are hoping to paddleboard (me) and kayak (girls) here near the hotel, then plan to dine on Las Olas later tonight after some pool time and maybe a quick trip to the beach. It's vacation time folks! Woo Hoo.

Who hoo! Have fun. Our tweets and teens were across from us and we all liked those arrangements. I may be the odd man out, but my husband and I preferred the MDR over the specialty restaurants. Go and enjoy though. It's nice having so many options. Have fun!

I hope after so many cruises on DSC that Allure will measure up to your expectations. She is a wonderful ship with a great crew that has always been on point for us, so I hope Allure will be the same for you. We return to Allure in two weeks so I "know" how you are feeling today. Prepare the ship for our arrival.:D

Have fun today with the family and try to get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow will here before you know it. Enjoy your sailing.:)

Well at last our time is here. I'm sitting in our room at the Hyatt Pier 66 looking at the Oasis and we are ready for tomorrow. Our first ever Royal Caribbean sailing after 20 Disney cruises, we are excited but a little anxious about sailing a new line. We have done all the research, asked a ton of questions here and gotten great feedback from many of you. Restaurants and shows are booked, forms completed and printed, cameras charged.

For background, we will eat at Chops, Izumi Hibachi and Giovanni's. We have the late dining time in the MDR as well. We have booked all the shows - whether we see them all is another thing but we will definitely see Mama Mia and Oceanaria. I have booked a premium drink package for myself and my wife is bringing 2 bottles of wine onboard for her primary consumption. My daughters (12 and 17) have their own cabin - an inside across the hall from our 8th deck balcony cabin - for the first time ever and that has brought a lot of excitement their way.

I won't be posting pics because I find having to use photobucket too much a pain, but I will try to offer some insights here to help future cruisers like us.

Today we are hoping to paddleboard (me) and kayak (girls) here near the hotel, then plan to dine on Las Olas later tonight after some pool time and maybe a quick trip to the beach. It's vacation time folks! Woo Hoo.

Hey jd99, we are flying in to FLL in a few hours and can't wait to board tomorrow. How's the weather in Ft Lauderdale ATM?

We have 6 in our party 3 Emerald and 3 Newbies. can't wait to walk into the Promenade and see their faces!

Hey jd99, we are flying in to FLL in a few hours and can't wait to board tomorrow. How's the weather in Ft Lauderdale ATM?

We have 6 in our party 3 Emerald and 3 Newbies. can't wait to walk into the Promenade and see their faces!

Hot. Hot. Hot. But sunny and beautiful!!

And Periscope set up on your phone and ready to send us all some live video, right??? :)

Haha. Funny. Afraid not. I have periscope but won't be scoping from the ship. That's too much like work! I will probably post photos after the trip. Just don't want to take time during but think posting thoughts while on board helps me keep it authentic!

Have a great trip!

We're going on Allure for spring break, and we've booked our kids (14, 16) a boardwalk balcony across the hall from our Oceanview balcony. I think that is what they're most excited about- having their own digs for the week!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you think about it after sailing Disney- have a great time!

I do, but I'm a few weeks early.:D

Andrew I have a question for both you and the OP- dining opened up on my cruise, so I made a bunch of reservations, but show times haven't opened up yet- so I have no idea if my dinners will conflict.

Is it safe to look at old Allure dailies? Do the show times/order of shows stay the same? We are sailing in April.

Thanks and sorry for the hijack!

Andrew I have a question for both you and the OP- dining opened up on my cruise, so I made a bunch of reservations, but show times haven't opened up yet- so I have no idea if my dinners will conflict.

Is it safe to look at old Allure dailies? Do the show times/order of shows stay the same? We are sailing in April.

Thanks and sorry for the hijack!

We are on the more unique St Martin, San Juan and Labadee so show times might be different than the traditional eastern/western routes. This route has only sailed a few times.

We usually book meals first and shows when they become available. We have changed dinner plans as needed once shows became available.

Edited by A&L_Ont
Auto correct foiled me

JD99, our family is sailing Allure the week after you (8/21), so am looking forward to your first impressions and overall comments this week. Though my wife and I have cruised Royal before, this will be our first sailing on an Oasis Class ship.

My daughter's family enjoyed their Disney cruise this time last year and will be part of our group of 11. This will be their third time on Allure and it's their favorite ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sailed Oasis for the 1st time this past January, it was awesome! Have a blast!!

BTW, if you download tapatalk for your smartphone you don't have to use a photosharing website, tapatalk does it for you. We'd love to see pics of your adventure! (of course the pics need to be on your smartphone :))

I forgot to report on our experience at Pier 66 Hyatt. We have been pleasantly surprised with everything. We made the crazy decision to take the 5:55 a.m. flight in yesterday and arrived at the resort shortly after 9 a.m. tired as all get out. They actually had a room in the tower ready for us (we had requested early check in but didn't expect to get it) and we were able to nap before heading to the pool to spend the afternoon. An early dinner at resort - the Pelican something on the dock and we were to bed early last night.

Up relatively early today and spent most of the day at the pool. I rented a paddle board and cruised the canals a bit but it was really windy so I slowed down after an hour and gave up. But it was fun while it lasted. Just left the pool and will take a bit of a rest before heading to Las Olas for dinner tonight via Uber. Then maybe a bit of time at the beach if everyone is up for it.

So far it's been a great trip and we haven't even boarded the ship yet!

I forgot to report on our experience at Pier 66 Hyatt. We have been pleasantly surprised with everything. We made the crazy decision to take the 5:55 a.m. flight in yesterday and arrived at the resort shortly after 9 a.m. tired as all get out. They actually had a room in the tower ready for us (we had requested early check in but didn't expect to get it) and we were able to nap before heading to the pool to spend the afternoon. An early dinner at resort - the Pelican something on the dock and we were to bed early last night.

Up relatively early today and spent most of the day at the pool. I rented a paddle board and cruised the canals a bit but it was really windy so I slowed down after an hour and gave up. But it was fun while it lasted. Just left the pool and will take a bit of a rest before heading to Las Olas for dinner tonight via Uber. Then maybe a bit of time at the beach if everyone is up for it.

So far it's been a great trip and we haven't even boarded the ship yet!

We usually stay at the Hyatt Pier 66 and have always enjoyed it. Pelican Landing is a great easy spot for dinner.

I was bummed to find out that Hyatt has sold it and it will be under new ownership soon...I don't think the new owner is affiliated with a chain. We didn't book it for our upcoming trip because we weren't sure what to expect...