Are there many kids onboard mid-December?

brandella27

We're considering taking the RC Freedom of the Seas 8 day eastern caribbean cruise from December 10-18th. If we book before the 18th of this month kids sail free. My 12 year old loved the kids club when we went in February. There weren't TONS of kids onboard but because it coincided with many schools Presidents Day break there were still quite a few. We wondered how many people with kids might be sailing during this time frame. I called RC and they assured me there are always kids onboard but had no stats to tell me if there are typically a decent amount during mid-December. I'd hate to get there and have my kids be the only ones in the kids club. Anyone been during this time and have any ideas? Should we wait until Presidents Day again to be sure there are plenty of other kids?

I think there are always kids on the Freedom class of RC ships. Definitely peaks in the summer, but there are always kids from countries other than the US, home-schooled kids, and parents who pull their kids from school.

I would imagine a lighter number for the dates you have picked - even less passengers in general - but there will still be families on board.

Suggest asking same question on the RC board. Perhaps someone who regularly travels RC at that time may have a better answer.

Of course you already know that children are not out of school that particular week, so no, there will not be tons of kids.....BUT....there are soooo many children that are home schooled these days. With the promotion of kids sail free, I am sure they will take advantage of it. I would not worry. There should be more than enough children on board and your kids will have a blast.

[/indent]

You answered your own question when you noted that.....kids sail free... and most US schools are out for break.

None that I know. Middle schools do not usually have a break between thanksgiving and Christmas. That's why they are running the kids sail free promo in mid December. Don't usually have promo when kids are on school holiday.

Edited by CruisingAlong4Now

You answered your own question when you noted that.....kids sail free... and most US schools are out for break.

I don't know of any US school that's out for Christmas break starting December 10th. Most school's Christmas breaks usually start after the 20th.

OP, there's a reason they have that sale and that's because not many will take advantage of it because kids are in school.

There will be kids, but from our experience cruising at that time, there aren't nearly the numbers of school age kids on board. Sure, lots of pre-schoolers, but not nearly the number of kids as when school is out.

But, what the heck, go for it.