Suite perks - booked as 1 vs BTB questions

metairiegal

The thread about stock credit on a BTB got me to thinking. And, now I'm really confused.

We are booked in a full suite on a 13-nighter that we booked as 1 cruise. It can also be booked as BTB. We asked several agents and were told that because this cruise leaves from Fort Lauderdale and comes back to Fort Lauderdale for the 2nd leg, it counts as 4 cruise credits for myself and 4 credits for my dh. That is: one for each leg, x2, for each of us because we are in a suite. We even had them check with a supervisor and they verified it by looking it up in the "Captain Circle Credit Info, Bullet #5." And, on the Princess website under our cruise history, the upcoming cruise does show as 4 future cruise credits for each of us.

On the thread about stock credit and veteran credit (we have both), it seems you only get that once. But, what about the suite perks, (mini bar, complimentary Crown Grill, internet minutes)? Do we only get that once, or do we get them on each leg?

And, to really complicate things, if they are giving us 4 cruise credits and counting it as 2 cruises, we would turn elite on the 2nd leg. So, would that be an additional mini bar set-up?

This is our 1st time in a suite (probably only time), and yes, we want to make sure we get all the perks that come with the suite. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edited by metairiegal

You will likely have to see the Circle host on or after the middle turnaround day to be moved up to Elite. You will automatically get one mini-bar replenished between legs though you are certainly entitled to ask for the double set-up once both of you become Elite for the second leg.

Internet minutes is a Captains Circle benefit, not a suite benefit. Since you are under one booking number in theory you would each get one 13-night package rather than a six/seven night for each leg. But lots of reports are that each ship handles this situation as it chooses.

Edited by fishywood

If you book a longer "logical" cruise consisting on several individual cruises you will get a cruise credit for each individual cruise and you will also get another cruise credit for being in a full suite on each individual cruise so you will get 4 cruise credits. As you posted, it already shows as 4 cruise credits in your Personalizer under Cruise History as both future and past cruises are shown there. You should also receive a mini-bar set-up for each individual cruise.

Booked as one cruise, you will probably only get the stockholder and military OBC based on the length of your cruise which would be $100 each for a 13 day cruise. If you were on a 14 day cruise that would increase to $250.

Booked as one cruise, you will probably only get the Platinum free internet minutes based on the length of your cruise which would be 250 minutes for a 13 day cruise. If you think that the two of you will need more than 500 minutes, there is a very attractive offer for additional minutes once you first long on. If you don't accept the offer then, you will probably pay as much as twice the amount for more minutes later in the cruise.

Edited by IECalCruiser

We always book as 1 cruise and stay in suites. We have always got 2 mini bar setups before we were elite and after we would get 4. 2 on embarking and when second leg started 2 more. They just showed up never had to ask. We would change them out for all vodka, beer and coke. I would say don't worry about it. If you don't get a second set up see the Captains circle rep on board.

Cruise credits are earned at the end of your cruise. If you have earned 15 cruise credits by the end of you first leg, you will be Elite on the second leg. If you will earn your 15th cruise credit on the second leg then you will not be elite until after your full cruise is completed.

We booked a 14 day B2B cruise as one voyage number and were only given 2 credits per person which Princess told me was the max they can give at a time.

We also were told we can exchange the whole mini bar out for one btl of wine but could not tell me if they would allow me to do the same the second week we arrive in FLL.

We are receiving $250 OBC for my military service.

We are both Platinum members

We also get 250 minutes each for internet minutes over the 14 day cruise

We booked a 14 day B2B cruise as one voyage number and were only given 2 credits per person which Princess told me was the max they can give at a time.

We also were told we can exchange the whole mini bar out for one btl of wine but could not tell me if they would allow me to do the same the second week we arrive in FLL.

We are receiving $250 OBC for my military service.

We are both Platinum members

We also get 250 minutes each for internet minutes over the 14 day cruise

Is this for an upcoming cruise? Have you checked your Cruise History in Personalizer? Edited by IECalCruiser

Another question to ask is will you get the complimentary embarkation day specialty restaurant perk on both segments, I think the answer is yes depending on length of cruise but I don't know for sure by experience. I would like to know.

Another question to ask is will you get the complimentary embarkation day specialty restaurant perk on both segments, I think the answer is yes depending on length of cruise but I don't know for sure by experience. I would like to know.

Yes

Edited by mmckm

The thread about stock credit on a BTB got me to thinking. And, now I'm really confused.

We are booked in a full suite on a 13-nighter that we booked as 1 cruise. It can also be booked as BTB. We asked several agents and were told that because this cruise leaves from Fort Lauderdale and comes back to Fort Lauderdale for the 2nd leg, it counts as 4 cruise credits for myself and 4 credits for my dh. That is: one for each leg, x2, for each of us because we are in a suite. We even had them check with a supervisor and they verified it by looking it up in the "Captain Circle Credit Info, Bullet #5." And, on the Princess website under our cruise history, the upcoming cruise does show as 4 future cruise credits for each of us.

On the thread about stock credit and veteran credit (we have both), it seems you only get that once. But, what about the suite perks, (mini bar, complimentary Crown Grill, internet minutes)? Do we only get that once, or do we get them on each leg?

You will receive the mini bar set up for both legs of the b2b, no matter how it is booked. Assume both of you are already Platinum. You will receive internet mins. for each leg of the cruise depending on the length. Example, if the cruise is a 7 day and then a 6 day you will receive 150mins for each leg. If the cruise is an 8 day and a 5 day then you will receive 250 mins. for the 1st leg and 150 for the 2nd leg. On all the Princess cruises I have been on unused mins. carried over. Crown Grill, don't know.

And, to really complicate things, if they are giving us 4 cruise credits and counting it as 2 cruises, we would turn elite on the 2nd leg. So, would that be an additional mini bar set-up?

If you meet the requirements for Elite at the end of the first leg then you will be Elite on the 2nd leg. But, if you meet the requirements for Elite during the 2nd leg you will not be Elite until until your next Princess cruise. If the former the Elite status might not catch up with you and you may have to visit the Captain's Circle host. You may wish to do this during the 1st leg to discuss, receiving the additional benefits.

This is our 1st time in a suite (probably only time), and yes, we want to make sure we get all the perks that come with the suite. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

See above

Thanks for the comments and suggestions to everyone.

The 1st leg will be our 13th cruise plus a additional credit for being in a full suite, so that will bring us up to 14. The 2nd leg will then be our 15th cruise plus 1 extra for being in the suite. So, that means the second leg would be our 16th and we would be elite on the second leg. Is that right?

From the website: "Elite Member Benefits - From your 16th cruise on, or 151+ cruise days."

Edited by metairiegal

Thanks for the comments and suggestions to everyone.

The 1st leg will be our 13th cruise plus a additional credit for being in a full suite, so that will bring us up to 14. The 2nd leg will then be our 15th cruise plus 1 extra for being in the suite. So, that means the second leg would be our 16th and we would be elite on the second leg. Is that right?

No. At the end of the 1st leg, you would have 14 cruise credits - so you would still be Platinum. At the end of the 2nd leg, you would have 16 cruise credits. You would not become Elite until the end of the cruise you receive 15 cruise credits. Even though you receive 2 for the same cruise, you were not Elite at the beginning of the cruise, so you don't get the benefit.

It really doesn't make a lot of difference (except for the extra minibar setup and the invitation to the wine tasting), because there's not a lot of extra benefits for being Elite if you're in a suite.

No. At the end of the 1st leg, you would have 14 cruise credits - so you would still be Platinum. At the end of the 2nd leg, you would have 16 cruise credits. You would not become Elite until the end of the cruise you receive 15 cruise credits. Even though you receive 2 for the same cruise, you were not Elite at the beginning of the cruise, so you don't get the benefit.

It really doesn't make a lot of difference (except for the extra minibar setup and the invitation to the wine tasting), because there's not a lot of extra benefits for being Elite if you're in a suite.

But, wouldn't the next cruise (not booked yet) be the 17th?

Edited by metairiegal

But, wouldn't the next cruise (not booked yet) be the 17th?

That doesn't matter. Under MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS, Princess states under the list of Gold Member Benefits:

* Members are eligible for a higher tier on the next cruise following completion of necessary cruises and/or days. Land portion of cruisetour does not apply.

I believe this is clear. You do not go up in level in the middle of the cruise. If you need one cruise credit and you get two for that cruise, you still have to wait until the next cruise. If you need one day and you get 28 days for that cruise, you still have to wait until the next cruise.

Cruise credits are earned at the end of your cruise. If you have earned 15 cruise credits by the end of you first leg, you will be Elite on the second leg. If you will earn your 15th cruise credit on the second leg then you will not be elite until after your full cruise is completed.

Ok, thanks. I think I understand at least the Elite part. :)

I agree.

Were you in a suite as the OP is?

If so, you should each get 2 credits for each segment assuming this was in the last several years when they started to give credits for each segment when multiple segments were booked under a single booking number.

Yes, this was one of my main questions. I'll be sure to ask the Captain Circle host during the 1st segment.

Completed a Mediterranean Cruise in July 2016 in a full suite. We booked as 1 14 day cruise (1 Booking Number) but the cruise was sold in 7 day segments. We are Elite.

We received 2 mini bars set (1 for the Suite and 1 for Elite status) every 7 days.

We received two complimentary specialty dinners on the first day of each 7 day leg.

Internet minutes were 150 per person each 7 day leg.

Our CCL stock OBC was 250.00 for the 14 days.

Hi, friend- I have nothing to add-- but wanted to wish you a wonderful cruise in your lovely suite!

Tracie-Lynn

Hey there! Thanks! First time in a suite for dh and I and I'm totally excited. I was actually wondering if you would have any advice because I know you are a sweet, suite expert. :D

Completed a Mediterranean Cruise in July 2016 in a full suite. We booked as 1 14 day cruise (1 Booking Number) but the cruise was sold in 7 day segments. We are Elite.

We received 2 mini bars set (1 for the Suite and 1 for Elite status) every 7 days.

We received two complimentary specialty dinners on the first day of each 7 day leg.

Internet minutes were 150 per person each 7 day leg.

Our CCL stock OBC was 250.00 for the 14 days.

Thanks for the info! :)

Hey there! Thanks! First time in a suite for dh and I and I'm totally excited. I was actually wondering if you would have any advice because I know you are a sweet, suite expert. :D

If nothing else... Breakfast at Sabatinis.

Also, you can check expedited laundry as a suite guest (but not elite)

Mini bar is swap-able for 2 coffee cards or one bottle of wine.

Enjoy the space... Love the space!