Rccl reminder phone calls?

aml716

Just got the weirdest call.

Rccl called to remind me to do my online checkin and print the sail pass for my upcoming aug 20th cruise. I did my online checkin and printed my sail pass weeks ago..

Anybody else get this call?

Courtesy call I guess?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I leave in three days on the Grandeur and have not received any phone calls about my Sea Pass. Have been getting emails wanting me to sign up for restaurants, shore excursions, etc. but none about my online check in. I've got it all covered except for putting last minute things in the suitcases.

I got a couple of odd email message this week that are new. I booked a last minute cruise and a couple of times since then I logged into the website and checked the price of the cruise. I'm sure its automated, but I got a "You didn't find what you are looking for?" messages.

I leave in three days on the Grandeur and have not received any phone calls about my Sea Pass. Have been getting emails wanting me to sign up for restaurants, shore excursions, etc. but none about my online check in. I've got it all covered except for putting last minute things in the suitcases.

Same here never got a call.

being one who has booked lots of cruises for my parents and children under the same email going back 15 years you can imagine the assortment i get from azamara , x and rci......I even get ones in my mom's name regarding cruises that I am going on....ones personally asking her if she would like to book excursions etc....But yet to get a call

I've never gotten a phone call from RCCL. I get lots of phone calls from my NCL cruise consultant. Lol. I do get the "you didn't find what you were looking for" emails because I am always looking and checking prices on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they started doing that because you are not able to fill out your online registration until 90 days out and maybe people are forgetting to go in and do it. I like to do it as soon as I book but can't any more.

I've already done my Carnival cruise for 2018. I like to get it done so I don't forget.

i received the phone call today for our upcoming cruise on the 21st. Caller ID was 111111111. Did not answer based on the number and it went to voice mail.

We are sailing on Saturday, and yesterday i got the same call. I couldn't hear the message right away, but in the mean time was perplexed by the phone number!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

We got the phone calls too. The first time it happened we thought there was something wrong with our paperwork, as it had already been turned in, well in advance. Our TA agent told us he gets the calls too...I guess so that he can call us. Just so happened, we got the call when we were getting ready to meet our TA for dinner. They could add "if you have already completed your on-line check-in...."

They started doing this a while go. They call everyone irregardless of you did your checkin or not!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"IRREGARDLESS" IS NOT A WORD!!!

Sorry, a major pet peeve of mine. I couldn't resist. :p

Sorry, but it's a word.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

And Wikipedia is a reliable source ... ?

However, with that said, even your source states - "Most dictionaries list it as nonstandard or incorrect usage".

But seriously - I'm not trying to start an argument, and I don't mean to be an ass about it, it's just so irritating to me - probably because my ex used to say it all the time. Sorry.

Edited by ramja96

And Wikipedia is a reliable source ... ?

However, with that said, even your source states - "Most dictionaries list it as nonstandard or incorrect usage".

But seriously - I'm not trying to start an argument, and I don't mean to be an ass about it, it's just so irritating to me - probably because my ex used to say it all the time. Sorry.

It is in the the Oxford dictionary and the Merriam-Webster dictionary among a lot of other dictionaries.

From Merriam-Webster.com:

Usage Discussion of irregardless

Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

It is in the the Oxford dictionary and the Merriam-Webster dictionary among a lot of other dictionaries.

From Merriam-Webster.com:

Usage Discussion of irregardless

Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

Again, it has been "accepted" in certain circles. Webster has also added "baby-daddy", but that doesn't make it an actual word in the English language. I'm sorry, but good conscience won't allow me to accept the word. I won't do it ... I won't, I won't, I won't!! Irregardless of what anyone says! :rolleyes: