OBC - can it be gifted to another passenger?

sparky52t

Would I be able to use my OBC to treat a passenger in another cabin to spa services or a specialty restaurant or an excursion? In other words, is OBC transferable?
On a similar note, can you give a beverage package to someone else?

Since both people in a cabin need to select the same perk, if one wants a beverage package and the other doesn't, are you allowed to give the 2nd beverage package to someone in another cabin?

OBC can be transferred to another passenger -- there is a form to fill out at Guest Relations. I have successfully done this on Eclipse, Solstice and Silhouette recently.

I have no personal information about transferring a beverage package, but my instinct tells me this cannot be done.

OBC can be transferred to another passenger -- there is a form to fill out at Guest Relations. I have successfully done this on Eclipse, Solstice and Silhouette recently.

I have no personal information about transferring a beverage package, but my instinct tells me this cannot be done.

I transferred OBC to another cabin on Summit, Jan '16. It also did not need to be any set amount (e.g., increments of $25). As was posted already, it's a simple form at guest services.

I'd be surprised if drink pkg is transferrable. Another option might be to ask if they'd downgrade the one person's drink pkg to a non-alcoholic version and credit you the difference as an OBC (no idea if they'd allow it, but never hurts to ask). Depending on where you're sailing, the ability to get bottled waters may be a more valuable benefit than first glance.

The purpose of requiring both in a cabin to purchase the drink package is to prevent sharing. If you could transfer it to a person in another cabin then the scenario has been created in both you cabin and the cabin of the friend. Very unlikely to be able to do this

is this something new with Celebrity. Before the 123 and the go better promotions, I purchased the alcohol package without having the 2nd person in my cabin also purchasing.

You can still purchase the package for one. The question was referring to the package when it is the perk from Celebrity selected when booking a cabin.

Yes you can transfer OBC to someone else.

A reason to do this is that many times when the Guest Services staff transfer the OBC on the guest ledgers, they don't always use the right "codes" and thus when they post the OBC to the new guest Folio, it often is marked as Refundable OBC (OBR), this is useful if you have a lot of NON-Refundable OBC (OBN) on account you know you won't spend, transfer it to a friend's folio (or even to your cabin mates' folio) and then have them give you the cash.