It's C&A Appreciation Week!

It's C&A Appreciation Week! For those who haven't read the possible loss of balcony/suite discounts thread, right now you can book a balcony and get the discount for one C&A tier up. So even gold C&A can get anywhere from $25 up to a $200 balcony discount!

See the flyer at http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Crown_and_Anchor/16052085_CAS_Member_Appreciation.pdf

No savings for me since the prices of my cruises have all increased substantially since booking, but you may want to check out your cruises or call to see if you can save money with this promo.

And, speaking of the thread (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2388411), it's almost 500 posts long, but the actions of the majority of the posters there as well as other C&A members, appear to have successfully persuaded Royal to rescind, or at least postpone and rethink, the proposed loss of balcony/suite discounts for cruises booked within 6 months of sail date. My thanks to all of them.

~ Judy

OFFer applies to new bookings only.

What Ourusualbeach said while I was writing this. :D

Most of the offers usually do say that but, rather than have people cancel and rebook (US and Canada), Royal has applied "new bookings only" promos and pricing to existing reservations in the past. In this case, a couple of people on that other thread posted that they called up and were able to get the higher tier discount applied to their cruises. Of course, since it's coupled with the 30% off sale, it really amounts to receiving 70% of the next tier balcony discount with Royal's math (current base price less balcony discount then 30% off what's left - one balcony discount per balcony/suite).

Nothing to lose by calling if your calculations show a savings.

~ Judy

Edited by FloridaPalms

Not really...changed a few tonight myself for the higher discount.

Did you lose anything? We booked on board in April and then got the "every third night free" promo. So, would we be repriced at the current promo or will they just apply the additional discount?

Maybe I'll just stop in to my TA tomorrow and see what she finds out.

Just did a dummy booking and with the new promotion we would save about $20. Not sure it is worth the hassle and might lose our OBC.

Edited by luvscruising2007

Did you lose anything? We booked on board in April and then got the "every third night free" promo. So, would we be repriced at the current promo or will they just apply the additional discount?

Just did a dummy booking and with the new promotion we would save about $20. Not sure it is worth the hassle and might lose our OBC.

It's always repriced at the current promo.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

It was repriced and saved money..there wasn't any OBC with it to begin with.

It's C&A Appreciation Week! For those who haven't read the possible loss of balcony/suite discounts thread, right now you can book a balcony and get the discount for one C&A tier up. So even gold C&A can get anywhere from $25 up to a $200 balcony discount!

See the flyer at http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Crown_and_Anchor/16052085_CAS_Member_Appreciation.pdf

No savings for me since the prices of my cruises have all increased substantially since booking, but you may want to check out your cruises or call to see if you can save money with this promo.

And, speaking of the thread (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2388411), it's almost 500 posts long, but the actions of the majority of the posters there as well as other C&A members, appear to have successfully persuaded Royal to rescind, or at least postpone and rethink, the proposed loss of balcony/suite discounts for cruises booked within 6 months of sail date. My thanks to all of them.

~ Judy

Rescind? Rethink? What info do you have, Judy? LOL

PETER

Rescind? Rethink? What info do you have, Judy? LOL

PETER

Mr. Bayley's office has been calling people that emailed him directly. I got a call yesterday afternoon and was told it was rescinded until further notice. They got a HUGE amount of complaints!

It is said on the flyer "Offer open to all guests with a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number."

Checked from the Norway office and only valid for US and Canadian customers.

I received an email today in UK, C&A members exclusive balcony/suite discounts book by 22 august 2016. similar discounts to the flyer but converted to sterling.

I received an email today in UK, C&A members exclusive balcony/suite discounts book by 22 august 2016. similar discounts to the flyer but converted to sterling.

Nothing here - well called in yesterday and got re-booking with lower price without handling charge. They have here 30e charge for changes. Difference between Platinum and Pinnacle would be 50 dollars for me -> basically got it nearly when they didn't take the charge. :)

When there are price drops or new sales and you have one of the reduced deposit promos, do they ever request the additional deposit amount if you get a price reduction? They didn't with the last sale, but not sure if that's standard. I know they have the option to ask for the full amount (not a big deal), just asking if they usually do. Thx