ms Amsterdam calling at Juneau, AK - August 16, 2016

Copper10-8

Today, Tuesday afternoon, August 16, 2016 at 1300 hrs. / 1:00 pm, it's co-flagship Amsterdam's turn to visit Juneau, AK. She will be going to her 'regular' berth at the Alaska Steamship (AS) dock. Her departure time is set for 2100 hrs. / 9:00 pm. local

The action can be seen, and heard z9with ongoing static), on:

http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/

Also in port on a usual busy Tuesday, and in order of appearance, are Norwegian Jewel going to the Alaska Juneau (AJ) dock (0700-1330), RCI's Radiance of the Seas, assigned the Cruise Terminal (CT) dock (0700-2030), PCL's Star Princess heading for Franklin Street (FKL) dock (0800-2100) and NCL's Norwegian Pearl, taking her older sister's spot at the AJ dock as soon as the latter has vacated same (1400-2200)

Just a bit too much zoom!

I did get a couple of screen shots of Star Princess' arrival, but I was a bit late - or she was early... Now she's hiding behind Radiance of the Seas. Oh, well. DD will be able to forward a few pix to her friends. Looks like there will be quite a crowd in town today. Hope they have good weather.

Edited by Vict0riann

The Netherlands ladies did well this morning in quarterfinal volleyball, hopefully the USA match will go as fast or even quicker - so I don't have to try and watch volleyball and the sail-in at the same time. :grumble:

I will be here anyway - no matter what.

The Netherlands ladies did well this morning in quarterfinal volleyball, hopefully the USA match will go as fast or even quicker - so I don't have to try and watch volleyball and the sail-in at the same time. :grumble:

I will be here anyway - no matter what.

My little country's got seven gold medals, twelve total with more to come :). Still hoping for a NED-USA final in women's volleyball

Better day than yesterday in Juneau

Amsterdam close to Marmion Island - maybe another 25-30 minutes?

We are watching for SJSULIBRARIAN who should have on a red jacket with a blue cap. Doesn't look like she will need her umbrella.

You just had to say that - it has started to rain. :(