Frustrated with Letter just received from Carnival

QTPieRye

I am so frustrated with Carnival right now! I am cruising on the Miracle in 14 days with my 2 daughters (young adults) and my best friend with her 2 young daughters (ages 4 & 6). After 20 years of me begging her to go on a cruise, I finally convinced her to go after bragging about how much fun her girls will have at Camp Carnival, etc. ........

This morning I woke up to a letter from Guest Services advising me that "Camp Carnival will be getting a makeover during the next few weeks. This means that camp area will not be open during your sailing, but the programming will still be in the full FUN force."

SERIOUSLY, RIGHT NOW?!?!?! I am pretty sure this makeover wasn't just decided 2 weeks before cruising! GURRRRR

I am so frustrated with Carnival right now! I am cruising on the Miracle in 14 days with my 2 daughters (young adults) and my best friend with her 2 young daughters (ages 4 & 6). After 20 years of me begging her to go on a cruise, I finally convinced her to go after bragging about how much fun her girls will have at Camp Carnival, etc. ........

This morning I woke up to a letter from Guest Services advising me that "Camp Carnival will be getting a makeover during the next few weeks. This means that camp area will not be open during your sailing, but the programming will still be in the full FUN force."

SERIOUSLY, RIGHT NOW?!?!?! I am pretty sure this makeover wasn't just decided 2 weeks before cruising! GURRRRR

It sounds to me like they are still going to have Camp Carnival activities, just not in the usual camp area.

Sorry to hear that but I guess it has to be done sometime. Just unfortunate that it is happening during your trip. However, someone will be inconvenienced whenever they choose to do it. I am sure they didn't say "there she is, let's do it now".

I'm sure the kids will have just as much fun without visiting the actual camp. You and the mom can spend lots of time with the kids.

Ummmm.... while some of you might find spendign time with someone elses young kids fun.... this cruise was supposed to be a relaxing vacation for me and my daugthers :D

It sounds to me like they are still going to have Camp Carnival activities, just not in the usual camp area.

Yes... true! However, some people are reluctant about dropping their kids at the designated camp area to begin with (I know I was when my children were younger). Hopefully, they will have a designated area... otherwise, I don't see my bff leaving her kids at random places on the ship where the activities take place.

I don't see any problem. Camp will go on. The drop-off point will be changed. They will use another venue for having camp. This shouldn't affect your vacation in the slightest.

_

Ummmm.... while some of you might find spendign time with someone elses young kids fun.... this cruise was supposed to be a relaxing vacation for me and my daugthers :D

Don't understand this. If this is so, why did you invite your friend and her daughters along? Confused. ....

Don't worry I am sure they will still have fun, don't let it ruin your trip go and have a great time. Let us know how it went

I will post upon our return.... its not going to ruin my trip, just inconvenience it somewhat. My daughters (ages 20 & 21) have made it clear that they will not be babysitting on this trip.... thus, not having the camp area may put a glitch in my bff's plans. Hoping they still have the night owl program available in another location... the letter did not mention it.

Oh no, hope this will only be a small glitch in your planning.

Since your letter states that they will still have kids programming, hopefully that means that they will have events for the little ones at different locations, such as a dance party in one of the clubs that my daughter (6 at the time) loved on our last cruise. This event was a "drop off" event in the afternoon on a sea day, so it was still kids only, we dropped her off for the party and picked her up about 60-90 minutes later.

I hope you all have a great time!

Me? I don't like kids. I'd never cruise with someone who had them along..thats the opposite of relaxing. But the cruiseline has to do upgrades some time..Its not Carnival's fault. And of course your kids shouldn't babysit the little kids..I'm not sure why your friend would even expect that.

Don't understand this. If this is so, why did you invite your friend and her daughters along? Confused. ....

What's there to be Confused about? Have you ever travelled with young children?

I am not saying I don't want them around at all... I love these girls like they are my own; however, this is my cruise too and I choose to relax! I don't want to spend 7 straight days on a cruise ship that does not have a designated place for them to go.... I want everyone to have fun. As others have stated, hopefully they will have an alternative location for the camp... :)

Edited by QTPieRye

LOL, I hear that!!!!

Lots of Patron....with more Patron, the less our natural filters remain in place....after the 3rd or 4th shot, tell the little snowflakes to go look for Pokemons or do whatever little snowflakes do these days :D

Edited by First and Ten

In two weeks most schools will be in session. They're redoing the clubs at the beginning of low season to have them ready for the holiday crowds.

They'll be using the empty lounge for the various clubs. The lounges are already sometimes being used by the clubs for various activities. Wouldn't outright dismiss it out right now. Go to the first night's meeting any check it out.

Edited by SadieN

Yes... true! However, some people are reluctant about dropping their kids at the designated camp area to begin with (I know I was when my children were younger). Hopefully, they will have a designated area... otherwise, I don't see my bff leaving her kids at random places on the ship where the activities take place.

My son is in 9-11 group and a lot of his activities during the day were in other places on the ship. Usually a conference room type set up. But they all had the same check-in check out processes in place. A desk set up in front of the door so it isn't like just anyone could go in/out easily. I am sure they will move all of the toys an stuff to the alternate location.

I don't blame you for not wanted to hang out with the little ones! I can see why you are frustrated but I am sure it will be fine. I wish I was cruising soon.

There is still camp, just meeting in a different place. It's not as if the kids will "miss" the original meeting place, they have never seen it. Last summer my GD's were in camp on the Triumph. I would see their group all over the ship. They never stay in 1 place. They will have fun & so will you. Smile & attitudes follow!

I hope for your sake that the location change is the biggest issue you and your BFF run into. There are many 4 and 6 year olds that would not want to be left in Camp during the day much less for Night Owls too.

Wishing you the best & hope that ALL of you enjoy the cruise.

Ummmm.... while some of you might find spendign time with someone elses young kids fun.... this cruise was supposed to be a relaxing vacation for me and my daughters :D

As others have said, when work needs done it's going to affect someone. Whether they scheduled this 2 weeks ago or 2 months ago, it doesn't really matter.

You shouldn't be adversely affected since you, as you point out, will be spending your desired quality time with your daughters - not your BFF and her kids (no matter where the Camp activities are repositioned to take place). It would seem your BFF would be on her own even if camp activities hadn't changed.

I can see how SHE may be annoyed.... but you? Not so much.

Edited by StolidCruiser

First of all, why did you invite the bff to sail with you, knowing that she has 2 small children that will be sailing with you? And as for the change in meeting places, the kids are not "confined" to one place. When we took our grandchildren on a cruise, the kids would be out and about doing kids things (they were chaperoned at all times.

Just go and enjoy the time away with your daughters and don't stress out about the little ones, they are not yours to worry about.

We had this happen with Camp Carnival on a ship as they changed over to Camp Ocean but they didn't tell us until we were on board. Gave the kids a $5 card to spend in the Arcade & then they still did have all the activities, just had a different spot to hold them at. If I remember correctly, there were still the normal amount of activities & time open.

What's there to be Confused about? Have you ever travelled with young children?

I am not saying I don't want them around at all... I love these girls like they are my own; however, this is my cruise too and I choose to relax! I don't want to spend 7 straight days on a cruise ship that does not have a designated place for them to go.... I want everyone to have fun. As others have stated, hopefully they will have an alternative location for the camp... :)

I know what you are saying. Years ago we had friends raising a grandchild. No matter where we went they took him, adult time was interrupted by the child so there was no continuity as they'd break off to see what he wanted. Kind of hard to put into words.

while some of you might find spendign time with someone elses young kids fun.... this cruise was supposed to be a relaxing vacation for me and my daugthers :D

This is what's confusing. If this was to be as you say, a relaxing cruise for you three, why did you invite someone with two young kids? You didn't have to travel with them and you could have had your "relaxing vacation", they wouldn't have even been there. You invited them, not Carnival, so the frustration is on you from what I can see. Sorry but...

WTH is wrong with some of you CC'rs. Some of you are so rude... it's no wonder so many people are choosing other social media networks....

Not that it's any of your business... but I invited my bff so that her and I could relax together! She was just diagnosed with 2 cerebral brain aneurisms and MS... so yes, we had planned on relaxing while checking her kids into Camp Carnival as much as possible!