Ships still going to Kusadasi?

cruisingbarb

Three weeks ago we stopped in Kusadasi on theVision of the Seas. We were the first ship to stop there in several weeks. We totally enjoyed this port of call and look forward to going back again.

We cancelled the tour to Ephesus. - a move I regret. - and spent the day wandering around the bazaar, having a Turkish lunch, and taking a cab to Ladies' Beach.

Edited by RD64

My TA called HAL and they had cancelled July and August stops in Turkey but the HAL employee was very optimistic that September would be okay at least for Kusadasi as that is where I am supposed to stop at and that is the city she asked about. I hope so!

After canceling all stops in Turkey for the month of August, HAL's most recent public statement released one month ago reads:

"For cruises departing in September and October 2016, calls at Kusadasi have not been canceled at this time. However, we continue to monitor the situation and will evaluate the fall Kusadasi calls closer to the scheduled call dates. Should further adjustments to future itineraries be deemed necessary, booked guests and their travel agents will be notified.

Holland America Line monitors and analyzes information regarding safety and security from many sources, which includes liaising with government intelligence agencies and on-the-ground port security assessments. Other security measures that we take include adding personnel at key ports, and employing X-ray or other security devices to inspect all bags, luggage and supplies that come aboard our ships."

As of now, Kusadasi remains on the schedule for Sep. & Oct. sailings...

For reference, the July Oosterdam (Adriatic Dream)sailing substituted Rhodes(and Kotor) in place of canceled calls at Kusadasi(and Split).

What I was told was that EU regs required a non EU port so Split was canceled for Kotor Montenegro, a non EU stop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah thank you. That explains it. EU regs don't require it, but they do make you pay higher prices (VAT I think?) for everything onboard if the ship does not stop at a non-EU port. So they were probably trying to stop that from happening.