15 days to Hawaii .. What to pack and wear??

luvcruising16

Leaving SF .. Oct. 29th-Nov 13th.. Trying to figure out what to pack.. I'm from WA state different weather patterns really don't bother me.. But my mother and Auntie are 84 and I'm not sure what they should pack for, they live in California .. Has anyone done this cruise during this time frame? I know every year is different and we can't predict what might happen, just want a few what did you do answers [emoji16] thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did this cruise with my 80-year-old mother-in-law. She was always freezing and wore sweatpants and sweatshirts a lot. It was too cold to lay out by the pool on our first three days out and the last three days back.

Otherwise, the dress code is the same for any other cruise. I do bring some Hawaiian print dresses and DH wears his Aloha shirts. Once you get closer to Hawaii, the weather will warm up.

Late October is usually pretty nice around here. Avg temp is 68°. Could be rainy though - our first rains usually come around Halloween. Count on the first couple of days being chilly on the water. Even if it's a comfortable temperature, count on it being windy going out under the Golden Gate.

Enjoy your Hawaii cruise! That's one of our favorites out of SF.

Watch the weather. Not only are the first and last two days cooler but can be bumpy from crossing the coastal current.

We pack for 5-6 days and have laundry done. Either have the ship do it or use the passenger laundry room. Know that the ship washes on hot and dries on hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Leaving SF .. Oct. 29th-Nov 13th.. Trying to figure out what to pack.. I'm from WA state different weather patterns really don't bother me.. But my mother and Auntie are 84 and I'm not sure what they should pack for, they live in California .. Has anyone done this cruise during this time frame? I know every year is different and we can't predict what might happen, just want a few what did you do answers [emoji16] thanks

Dress warm for cold weather first 3 days at sea, then dress cool for warm days while in Hawaii. I've taken this cruise 3 times and the weather is all the same. Dress warm in San Francisco. Fisherman's Wharf is loaded with shops that sell sweatshirts. That's because people come to San Francisco and think it's always warm there. Even in the summer months it can be rather cold in San Francisco. You can't put on what you don't have.

Thanks everyone ... I will have them bring a sweat outfit etc. i didn't know about the HOT setting on the washer/dryer so thanks for that tip.. I have never been on a cruise this length of time 7 has been the longest .. I love the cruise critic site get great advice from everyone.. Thanks again

Thanks everyone ... I will have them bring a sweat outfit etc. i didn't know about the HOT setting on the washer/dryer so thanks for that tip.. I have never been on a cruise this length of time 7 has been the longest .. I love the cruise critic site get great advice from everyone.. Thanks again

They should pack more than one warm outfit. They'll get tired of wearing the same thing all the time. The warm clothes are more for the interior of the ship. I'm 70 this year and the ships are ALWAYS too cool for me in all venues. Long pants and a sweater are my inside outfits even in Hawaii and the Caribbean.

Yes, I've done this cruise several times during this time frame.

I just came back from a short stay in Spokane. Hawaii weather will be much the same. For days it will be warm in the 80's, but balmy and humid, same for evenings. Usually Aloha shirt or t-shirt, and shorts is the norm for locals. Bring hat for sun. Bring a light sweater because ship will turn the A.C. too high. No need to pack a warm outfit for Hawaii. No jacket needed. There are plenty of department stores same as Mainland.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

They will need some warm clothes for 2 days going and coming.