Same line but different part of the world, any difference?

Extra Kim

As you can tell by my signature, I have been to several places around the world and I do understand that Asia is different from the Caribbean. But that's not what I'm asking, as I wrote in the last sentence in the topic start: What's the difference onboard the ship?

It looks like you usually cruise with Royal Caribbean so the only main difference you'll see if you do a cruise out of Australia is that the onboard drinks prices will include the gratuity. There might be a few local trivia questions as well. The other difference is that many cruises out of our part of the world probably have more sea days than Caribbean cruises, and most cruises will be longer. Seven night cruises are rare, most are 10-14 nights.

Looking at the list of countries you have already visited it seems like it might be a good time to add Australia, NZ, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and possibly Fiji to that list. :D

It looks like you usually cruise with Royal Caribbean so the only main difference you'll see if you do a cruise out of Australia is that the onboard drinks prices will include the gratuity. There might be a few local trivia questions as well. The other difference is that many cruises out of our part of the world probably have more sea days than Caribbean cruises, and most cruises will be longer. Seven night cruises are rare, most are 10-14 nights.

Looking at the list of countries you have already visited it seems like it might be a good time to add Australia, NZ, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and possibly Fiji to that list. :D

I believe the gratuity on drinks is always included regardless of itinerary.

Carnival and Princess tack on 15% gratuity to drinks on cruises from the US.

When sailing from different US ports the vibe in the ship is different. We primarily sail out of Los Angeles. Very different than our one (b2b) Caribbean cruise. We've had cruise directors and various staff (Carnival and Princess) tell us that the West Coast cruises are completely different than other ports. What works on the East Coast doesn't work over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app