Bummed I have to cancel today.

Wife's sis was supposed to deliver her kid last week. Didn't happen, and now we have to cancel our departure that was leaving today. Hope my insurance covers this.

Don't understand why you have to cancel.

I have a feeling your insurance will not cover you on this, if you or your wife had a medical emergency (pregnancy, surgery, etc.) then it absolutely would be covered. But the reason you are missing the cruise is because someone who has nothing to do with the cruise is delivering, so the insurance company is going to view that as "your choice to miss" and probably won't cover it.

Don't understand why you have to cancel.

You can make whatever decision works for your family. No one will judge you.

If you are asking for sympathy for cancelling, however, I would not make the same choice. Unless your wife is delivering the baby or acting as delivery coach, I don't understand why she has to be available 24/7. Why not go and enjoy the vacation with the others and visit the new bundle of joy a few days after birth.

Wife's sis was supposed to deliver her kid last week. Didn't happen, and now we have to cancel our departure that was leaving today. Hope my insurance covers this.

Unless you have "Cancel for Any Reason" coverage, I don't think you'll get reimbursed.

I'm sorry, you had to make that choice. You have to do what's best for your family situation.

My sister had a trip planned for the weekend I ended up having my first baby. She still went, leaving only a few hours before I gave birth. She was even supposed to be in the delivery room with me. I understood and didn't hold it against her.

I'm sorry you felt you had to cancel because of this.

Well, this was my wife's choice. I understand that she wants to be there. Not happy about it, and don't agree, but it is what it is. I completely agree that it's ridiculous

I do carry cancel for any reason coverage, but it looks like there is a 48 hour prior to sailing clause.

I can imagine the struggle with her choice, but I would have never chosen to cancel a trip because of one of my sisters having a baby. I was in the hospital with all 5 of my nieces and nephews but I would have still gone on the trip even though it would have been hard to miss it, like others have said, the baby will be there when you get back.

That's a bummer. After having to cancel three of our four last cruises, I certainly feel your pain. Unfortunately, you are right. "Cancel for any reason" won't help you, since you canceled less than 2 days before the cruise. If you had flights, you should be able to get future credit for those at least. Also, you will be reimbursed for any gratuities paid for, as well as port taxes. Best wishes on your next cruise. Hopefully, it will work out for you.

Trust me! I'm with you guys here. Maybe I just needed to vent because I didn't want to feel like such an insensitive jerk for wanting to go without my wife :).

Insurance did not cover, and of course carnival is not budging, so a $1300 lesson it is.

I didn't cancel two days ago because contractions started, and I thought "MAYBE WE WILL MAKE IT"

I gambled and lost.

Edited by Letmelivehereplease