fan for cabin on Solstice

Stevero2

Will the ship supply a fan to help cool the room, if neccesary?

Solstice has very good air-conditioning, the best so far of any cruise ship I've been on. I like to sleep in a very cold room and had no problems getting our Solstice cabin cool enough. In fact we used to have to turn the temperature up during the day.

I NEED a fan at night...hot flashes!...so I bring a small one! There is no guarantee a ship or hotel will have one, and I cannot sleep without it! Just having a "cold" room doesn't work with hot flashes! You need AIR FLOW!!!!

Will the ship supply a fan to help cool the room, if neccesary?

Why not give special needs at Celebrity a ring? Some conditions are comforted by that flow of air. If they can not provide a fan could you take one with you? Buy one locally?... even if you don't bother taking it home....they are relatively cheap so if you can improve your cruise by buying one just go for it!

At least if you phone or email special needs they should be able to give you some answers then you can plan.....

Whilst I would agree the AC is usually great I do know many people love the airflow a fan offers.

Hope you manage to sort....Please let us know if special needs can help....it may give some useful information to others.

I NEED a fan at night...hot flashes!...so I bring a small one! There is no guarantee a ship or hotel will have one, and I cannot sleep without it! Just having a "cold" room doesn't work with hot flashes! You need AIR FLOW!!!!

This. We keep the ac at 68 at night and have ceiling fans. Just a cold room isn't the same as air circulation.

OP, I have always brought on a small fan without any problems. I found one that clips on and converts to a table fan at Big Lots. This one doesn't move a lot of air but I like the thin/small base.

http://www.biglots.com/product/6-desk-clip-fan/p810058124?N=2974462562&pos=1:4

Thinking this one might move more air but I could be wrong.

https://www.amazon.com/Holmes-Convertible-Desk-Black-HCF0611A-BM/dp/B007QE62PU

Just came across this battery operated one if someone wants one for a stroller, camping, etc. Would be great where you have no power.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FFWG0I8?psc=1