bringing alcohol onboard?

sho

How many bottles of wine and champange can one bring onboard NCL cruise ships?

As many as you'd like to lug with you.

If I consume them in my stateroom (open the bottles myself), will there be any cockage fee?

I don't know about a cockage fee--and let's not go there ;)--but corkage is on all bottles and calculated at embarkation not when the bottle is actually opened. So, it doesn't matter where you drink it, there's still a corkage fee of $15 per bottle.

As many as you'd like to lug with you.

I don't know about a cockage fee--and let's not go there ;)--but corkage is on all bottles and calculated at embarkation not when the bottle is actually opened. So, it doesn't matter where you drink it, there's still a corkage fee of $15 per bottle.

But they will refund the corkage fee if you do not drink the bottle on board. all you have to do is bring the sealed bottle down to guest relations and tell them you never got a chance to open it.

Now of course many things have changed with the advent of FDR but I have not read that his policy has changed.......so don't bring 20 bottles and then be upset if I'm wrong.

But they will refund the corkage fee if you do not drink the bottle on board. all you have to do is bring the sealed bottle down to guest relations and tell them you never got a chance to open it.
I recall seeing at least one report not too long ago from someone who was refused a refund, but I don't know the exact circumstances. So I don't know if the policy is still in place or not (it was never a stated policy anyway, that you could ask for a refund). Most people drink their wine, I would think, so it's kind of an uncommon situation to begin with.

You answered your own question. Other lines allow some manner of bringing wine aboard without a corkage charge.

This is true for Carnival. On Carnival you are allowed 1x 750mL bottle of wine per adult.

You are allowed 2 bottles per cabin without corkage fee? Am I correct?

NCL charges $15 per 759ml bottle when you board as a corkage fee. I think that is the most restrictive / expensive policy, but it all depends on where you intend to drink it.

Disney allows two bottles at each port, so they restrict the quantity but allow you to bring more on each time the ship docks. If you want to drink it in a dining room you pay a $25 corkage fee, but you can drink it for free in your stateroom. I think Disney is the only one in my list of lines that allows you to buy wine in port and consume it on board.

RCL allows only two bottles at the beginning of the cruise, and none in any port. They do not mention any corkage fee in their FAQ. Celebrity mentions 2 bottles at embarkation with a $25 corkage fee if you consume it in a dining room.

Princess allows 1 bottle per adult, with no corkage if consumed in the stateroom. Additional bottles have a $15 corkage fee. I believe you can bring on as many as you like with the $15 corkage fee just like NCL. But you save that first $15.

You have to do the math with the quantity you want to bring and where you want to drink it. Disney has the highest corkage fee if you are going to drink it in a dining room. You would save $15 with Princess over NCL if you want more than two bottles from your home port ... which isn't an option with the others on my list.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have to have the bottles in your carry on bag or can you check in the wine in your Checked in luggage?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You have to carry it on. Prior to boarding You will be directed to a table where you will pay the corkage fee. The fee will show up as a charge from one of the dining rooms on your on board account. You then get to take the wine with you. Best to,have some sort of roller bag so it is easier to drag around.

Edited by Annmeat

Do you have to have the bottles in your carry on bag or can you check in the wine in your Checked in luggage?

Carry on. Otherwise your checked bag goes to the naughty room and that could be a bit of a hassle.

Carry on. Otherwise your checked bag goes to the naughty room and that could be a bit of a hassle.

If they "find" just wine in your check in, you get a letter that says either show up to a location, Napa Bar on the first night in my case, or call the extension to accept the corkage fee and get it delivered the same night...If you ignore the letter or waste everyone's time to call to decline paying the corkage fee you get it on the last night of the cruise...