What ended up happening with the "one service a day" issue?

AdoraBelle

It seems both Dinner and Steward service has decreased the amount of people serving the cruisers.They are both mentioned several times on these threads. Perhaps they are pulling stewards to serve as MDR attendant at evening meal? That way they can accommodate the serving situation? It would make sense.They can only have so many worker on the ship. I would rather have a hot dinner than turn down service at night. As long as I have clean towels I am good!

I don't see why people want the choice electronically. How long does it take to fill out a card? Why should you decide days or months ahead how many times a day to be serviced? What if you change your mind once you boarded? That ties up you and the steward if you want change.

But, since Carnival is so "green" conscious (they have the note in your bath to remind you) wouldn't electronically be the way to go? It would cut down on use of paper and waste.

Lots of threads disappearing these days.

Expect this one to go "poof" soon. :rolleyes:

Well, it has been more than a week and as far as I can tell, the thread is still here.

As for me, I can live quite nicely with just the morning make up the bed routine. I don't need any help turning down my bed.

So, we went from asking about whether there was still and issue on the 'option' to select once or twice a day service, and since that has been rectified, it is now morphed into global cruise industry human rights violations.....really? Keep digging

It's connected.....you keep digging.

Since CCL seems to still consider this to be in trial mode, it makes sense that they are handing out cards. Once they make it official policy and expand it to all ships, then I wouldn't be surprised to see it move to the online check-in, perhaps with confirmation from your steward when you meet him or her on the first day.

The slow move to once-a-day service on Carnival is why I'm weaning my husband off the line. He's thrilled that we booked the Anthem of the Seas last night. He's not even talking about our two Carnival cruises coming up.

I used to really love Carnival, but our last cruise, a 15-day Hawaii cruise, showed all the differences between the Carnival line and our cruise on Royal.

The Carnival ships are lovely, the crew is fantastic, but the cutbacks are annoying the heck out of me and I'm just ready to call it quits. I'd rather spend more and get more.

I'm Platinum on Carnival and Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean. Royal Caribbean is making cuts also. Just that Royal Caribbean's cuts are in different areas then Carnival's.

Interesting thread. My Carnival Cabin Stewards have always been the friendliest and most accomodating. They have always been seen from day 1 and have always filled any requests, although we don't usually ask for anything more than the occasional ice bucket. I do love my twice a day visits- for towel replacement and I just love the turn down at night and that silly towel animal.

As a comparison, I was on a Celebrity 15 day cruise and my cabin steward was rarely seen, less than friendly and did not go out of his way to please us.

The rest of the crew was superb.

I love my Carnival - "good morning Miss Cheryl"

Just off the Breeze this past Sunday.. We were never asked by our steward whether we wanted once or twice a day service and we received TWICE a day service every day. Also the first day he let us know it was his last cruise before the end of his contract :eek: so I wasn't expecting much, but i couldnt have been more wrong! :D

We are on the Triumph now and were asked by our steward the 1st day if we wanted morning or evening servicing. I commented that we had previously had both and asked if it was now one or the other? His answer was 'no' but then he also made it clear they were mostly expecting to do one or the other but would be available for any needs. We eventually settled on him doing morning servicing but would check on whether we needed fresh towels in the evening.

We are on the Triumph now and were asked by our steward the 1st day if we wanted morning or evening servicing. I commented that we had previously had both and asked if it was now one or the other? His answer was 'no' but then he also made it clear they were mostly expecting to do one or the other but would be available for any needs. We eventually settled on him doing morning servicing but would check on whether we needed fresh towels in the evening.

I don't mind one or the other as long as they are ok with 1/2 gratuity.

If it's not company policy and they want to play the game I dan play along.

Bill

I had the same card. No where does it say you can't select both. Did you?

Reading the card that's posted a couple posts up it says "CHOOSE the time (no "s") that is (not are) best for you. And to put it in context, it's in a separate section from where you are told to pick as many as you want.

You would have to be an extremely flexible Carnival cheerleader to believe that choosing both was an option. (Maybe a Carnival acrobat?)

And it's clearly something from Carnival, not some rouge, lazy steward.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on the Miracle-ended 8/20. Our 1st family cruise. We were asked if we wanted am or pm. (I was confused by the choice, as I joined a friend in 2012 for a CCL cruise and received am and a pm turn down / animal then) I didn't know we could get robes..either cruise.

We chose am, but our steward was around in the pm if we needed anything. Always greeted us by name. A quick towel change in the pm would've been good had I known, but it wasn't a big hassle. We had ice even though we had a fridge.

Not surprised. This occurring ONE YEAR LATER tells me this is what they are STILL trying to roll out.

Not surprised. This occurring ONE YEAR LATER tells me this is what they are STILL trying to roll out.

It seems that way to us as well. Once a day service would have been a done deal by now except there was, and still is, a considerable amount of push back by regular cruisers of the line.

Has anybody seen the new Alleve commercial? The one where the guy gets seven slices of an eight slice pie?

"You wouldn't accept part of a pizza would you?"

Well this is like that except you can fill out a card saying you want one half of the pizza or the other. If I want half a pie, I'll get a medium (put the do not disturb sign on my door or stay at a beach hotel).

Can some one on a PC please post a poll on this? I understand that some don't want twice a day service, but I suspect that the large majority is being inconvenienced with these silly cards for a minority that thinks it's a nuisance to put the do not disturb sign on their door when they don't want to be disturbed.

Has anybody seen the new Alleve commercial? The one where the guy gets seven slices of an eight slice pie?

"You wouldn't accept part of a pizza would you?"

Well this is like that except you can fill out a card saying you want one half of the pizza or the other. If I want half a pie, I'll get a medium (put the do not disturb sign on my door or stay at a beach hotel).

Can some one on a PC please post a poll on this? I understand that some don't want twice a day service, but I suspect that the large majority is being inconvenienced with these silly cards for a minority that thinks it's a nuisance to put the do not disturb sign on their door when they don't want to be disturbed.

Post a poll on what? Alleve, pizza, beach hotel?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Post a poll on what? Alleve, pizza, beach hotel?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The topic of the thread...

The wording pictured on page 2 of this thread would be fine:

When do you want Carnival to "tidy up" your stateroom:

Morning

Evening

Both

My guess is "Both" would receive 80%.

On a side note, on our most recent CCL Legend cruise, they actually made full 12" pizzas to order. I was used to getting 1/4 or 1/2 of these pies in my previous CCL cruises. If they're looking to save a buck, they could go back to the old way and shorten the line there.

Edited by nealstuber

We are currently intros splendor and were not asked about what service we wanted. Tonight we got sort of semi-service. The third bed was made up. We got water bottles (not sure if they were for suite or platinum), the Funtimes, and a towel elephant, all placed on our unmade bed. Very odd.

We were on the Dream August 28th sailing. We weren't given a card. We were asked morning or evening service. Our towel animal was made in the morning. Our fun times was put in our mail slot at night.

Fresh towels, room made up at night?? Or just funtimes in mail slot and that was it?