A video of our visit to Normandy....

TxKroozer

A moving experience from our recent British Isles cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette. We contracted with Overlord Tours for a trip to see Omaha and Utah Beaches along with the American Cemetery at Omaha Beach. Very moving.

Hi

We toured gold Juno and sword beaches in April on ovation of the seas

We where booked to do Omaha and Utah beaches but the tour operators cancelled for operational reasons

Visited Pegasus bridge and the commonwealth cemetery and down to arromanche-les-bains to see what was left of the mulberry harbours and museums

Very emotional

A moving experience from our recent British Isles cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette. We contracted with Overlord Tours for a trip to see Omaha and Utah Beaches along with the American Cemetery at Omaha Beach. Very moving.

Thank you for sharing your video. Beautifully done. We were in Normandy on June 6 several years ago. The tributes and reenactments are so special. It is a truly overwhelming yet humbling experience. For most of us the obstacles faced and the battles won are unequivocal in our experiences or imagination.

We did the excursion through Celebrity - the cost was $109.00 and was a 10 hour tour - no lunch. It was one of the best tours we ever did. Price was right, the tour was good and was the highlight of our trip. I only mention this because a lot of people seem to think that they have to use private tour companies to get a good price and a good tour. We use Celebrity for most of our excursions and we have no complaints.

We went with the same company a few years ago and it was one the most amazing things I have ever experienced. Their reverence for the service people was evident and our guide said "Americans are always welcome here in Normandy." He told us that it was a requirement for all French school children to visit the American Cemetery so that they will never forget (we asked since there were several school groups there that day).

Our guide called the American Cemetery ahead of our arrival to let them know that my great uncle and another person's relative in our group were buried there. They took our group on golf carts to the graves and had a memorable ceremony for them (including placing flags and rubbing sand from the beaches on the stone). There was not a dry eye in our group - we will never forget out visit there. They gave me the flag and a packet of info, including a sheet about my uncle, which I gave to my dad (it was his favorite uncle who died at Normandy) - he was so pleased since he has never visited the site. He is a vet as well, but served in North Africa/Italy.

Thanks for the memories!

Thank you for sharing brings back many memories of our tour to Normandy Sept. 2000 this is something everyone should see. So glad we did and it still brings tears to our eyes. It is very moving.