Returning cruisers...what do you consider "Don't Miss Activities" on Silhouette?

SamIYam

This will be our second cruise but our first with Celebrity. Seems like there will be lots to do...I know my DH and I will enjoy the Trivia. What should we be sure to see or do onboard? Thanks in advance for your advice.

This will be our second cruise but our first with Celebrity. Seems like there will be lots to do...I know my DH and I will enjoy the Trivia. What should we be sure to see or do onboard? Thanks in advance for your advice.

...we really enjoyed the Lawn Club Grill on our trip last March on the Silly. See our powerpoint video below, there are a couple of images in there of the LCG. Super steaks, amazing salad bar, great sides, and the super sized fresh baked chocolate chip cookie with ice cream was to die for. Let them do the grilling. See if you can talk the Specialty Restaurant sales people working the entrance to the Oceanview into a 2 for 1 deal into the LCG on day 3 or 4 of your cruise. If not, still worth the upcharge to dine there.

Cheers,

OHP

Edited by okiehokiepokie

I second the Lawn Club Grill. Just don't overdo it on the pizza so you don't have room for that great steak and the Seafood Kabobs. Waffles are good in the buffet, get them made fresh. Aqua Spa cafe good for a light lunch. Scones for aft. tea, yum. Enjoy your cruise. Silhouette is our favorite ship in the fleet.

Wine and Cheese on the Lawn is one of our favourite events. Depending on your itinery and weather it can be hit of miss. Listening to live music while enjoying wine and cheese watching the scenery float by is always great.

You'll need to check the daily closely to find out when it is.

• 3 weeks later...

We loved the liars club late night. It was so fun, we laughed the whole time. After the regular evening show around 10:30.

We are also going to be sailing soon on the Silhouette. Does anyone know what time the evening shows are held? I am just trying to time our specialty dining reservations so that we get a chance to see the entertainment. Thanks!!

We are also going to be sailing soon on the Silhouette. Does anyone know what time the evening shows are held? I am just trying to time our specialty dining reservations so that we get a chance to see the entertainment. Thanks!!

I would love to know that also!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are also going to be sailing soon on the Silhouette. Does anyone know what time the evening shows are held?

Just back from Silhouette, the evening shows were at 7 and at 9 on all days except on day one - single show at 8:30 and second last day of a 12 night cruise when for some reason the shows were at 8:30 and 10:30

The wine and cheese event has been by far my favorite activity! If you have the bev package, they will come around with bottles of wine and they give you tray with a nice selection of cheese (if you don't have the package, you can pay a la carte). There is usually a singer performing. I am hoping there is a similar event on the Equinox in December!

My husband enjoyed playing put put tournaments they have close to sail away time at ports.

Just back from Silhouette, the evening shows were at 7 and at 9 on all days except on day one - single show at 8:30 and second last day of a 12 night cruise when for some reason the shows were at 8:30 and 10:30

Hi we are on the Silhouette in October, I'm disappointed to read that the shows are before dinner for the late sitting, I used to enjoy having dinner and then relaxing at a show.

One of the best activities that we we have encountered on Silhouette was when they had a passenger choir, they had a fantastic member of the activities team called Chicco, an amazing talent and a really lovely guy, oh how I wish he was on my next cruise the last I heard he was in Australia.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We like the upper decks, although in the shade, for sitting out and just enjoying the breeze and just relaxing. DW reads, I listen to my iPod/snooze.

I love to walk the track early in the morning and watch the sun come up with a cup of coffee. Then go to buffet for made to order eggs and back to cabin to join DW on balcony for breakfast when room service has delivered her breakfast. We have a set time, so I know when I need to be back.

We like to meet people at the bars, especially the Martini bar or whatever it is called. Fun show too if you get a good bartender.

We enjoy trying a food dish we would not normally eat/try at home. I never have lamb at home, so that is one entree I look forward to trying on our cruises.

We look forward to doing some dancing, I like to participate in line dancing to if they have some.

Lots of other things will present themselves on a cruise that we also take advantage of and it will depend on what you like or want to try.

Edited by shipshape sam

I second the Lawn Club Grill. Just don't overdo it on the pizza so you don't have room for that great steak and the Seafood Kabobs. Waffles are good in the buffet, get them made fresh.

Well, it is very obvious that TeaBag is a very smart and very knowledgeable cruiser. :D