Allure of the Seas - First Time Cruiser

Hi - I'm hoping I am posting in the right place. I couldn't find a place to post a new thread in the "Allure of the Seas" site section. I have a few questions being this is our first cruise ever. Traveling with 2 kids, ages 4 and 7.

- Internet Access and Streaming - Can I get the 1 device deal and use it on two different devices as long as not at the same time? Or do I have to get the 2 device place to switch between my iphone and ipad?

- Drinks - If I don't get any drink packages, are there juices and coffee and tea available at breakfast/dinner? Or literally nothing is available for no extra cost? And what about the water, is it tap water that is filtered? Or better to get bottled water?

- Cruise is embarking at 4pm. What's the earliest we are able to get to the cruise terminal to board?

- On the return - cruise is arriving at 6:15am. How late can we get off the ship? What's the latest we can stay?

- Appalled at all the add ons. For a family of 4 to have option to drink juices and wine, etc - it ends up being around $700 or so. That seems absurd. What am I missing?

- We are signed up for the 6pm daily dining. One evening that conflicts with a show. What do we do? Can we show up at any time after and just get on a waitlist if we miss our time?

- We have a regular balcony room. Is room service available for these rooms?

thank you

Edited by inacruiser83

Hi - I'm hoping I am posting in the right place. I couldn't find a place to post a new thread in the "Allure of the Seas" site section. I have a few questions being this is our first cruise ever. Traveling with 2 kids, ages 4 and 7.

- Internet Access and Streaming - Can I get the 1 device deal and use it on two different devices as long as not at the same time? Or do I have to get the 2 device place to switch between my iphone and ipad?

- Drinks - If I don't get any drink packages, are there juices and coffee and tea available at breakfast/dinner? Or literally nothing is available for no extra cost? And what about the water, is it tap water that is filtered? Or better to get bottled water?

- Cruise is embarking at 4pm. What's the earliest we are able to get to the cruise terminal to board?

- On the return - cruise is arriving at 6:15am. How late can we get off the ship? What's the latest we can stay?

- Appalled at all the add ons. For a family of 4 to have option to drink juices and wine, etc - it ends up being around $700 or so. That seems absurd. What am I missing?

- We are signed up for the 6pm daily dining. One evening that conflicts with a show. What do we do? Can we show up at any time after and just get on a waitlist if we miss our time?

- We have a regular balcony room. Is room service available for these rooms?

thank you

Yes you can use your Internet package on different devices, just not at the same time.

Regular coffee,ice water, favoured water, and various juices are available and included in your fare.

Last week I was on board just after 11am.

Everyone will be off the ship by 10am on disembark day.

With regards to the upsells.. None of them are mandatory. Some of them will actually SAVE you money depending on how much you use them (drink/dining packages)

If a show conflicts with your dinner time just pick another show. Every show has multiple showings.

Room service is included for all rooms and is (as of this posting) included in the fare. There is a 3.95 surcharge for orders between midnight and 6am(i think it is 6)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by constable145

- We are signed up for the 6pm daily dining. One evening that conflicts with a show. What do we do? Can we show up at any time after and just get on a waitlist if we miss our time?...

If you are in fixed dining, you cannot show up anytime and get on a wait list. That is your time and if you miss it, you eat elsewhere that night. The buffet is open for dinner (complimentary), other snack type places are open, and there are also extra cost specialty restaurants.

Milk is also included at no extra cost at restaurants.

You do NOT need a "package" to buy anything. If you aren't big drinkers, just buy what you want, when you want, a la carte!

Juice is avail. at breakfast....bring a container and pour several glasses into it, for later, if you wish.

Wine is one of the worst values on a ship...WAY overpriced! But, if you're only drinking 2-3 glasses per night, it's cheaper to buy them without a package.

You can also bring two bottles of wine onboard with you per stateroom.

The juices available in the dining room that are complimentary are not the fresh squeezed OJ, there is a surcharge for that. Also traveling with young kids, the milk in the windjammer is in small cartons, you may want to take a bag to breakfast and take several cartons back to your room for throughout the day and take some extra boxes of the small boxes of cereal for snacks for the kids. When our kids were younger we also brought zip locks and had extra cookies (from the ship) in the room and when we went a shore for the kids. Comes in handy to have cereal & cookies if you are doing an excursion that has a bus ride with it when having young children.

If still available you can switch your dining to my MTD (my time dining) where you pick your own time each night. Might be helpful with young kids as you can decide each day what time you want to eat. You can make advanced reservations for your times or just show up and be put on a wait list for the next available table (sometimes the wait maybe 30 minutes or more but not always.) The buffet needs no reservations nor is there any wait.

Most shows have more than one viewing time but with young children you will probably want to go to all the early ones.

You should get an earliest boarding time. I would show up an hour earlier than that. They do allow earlier boarding for suites and their rewards members (Crown & Anchor members) and there will be different lines depending on your level. Everyone has to be onboard an hour before departure time or they may (and most likely will be) denied boarding so don't wait til late. Remember that boarding day is day 1 of your cruise, get the most out of it. Usually your rooms are not ready until 1:00-2:00 so you will not be able to go straight to your room. The buffet will be open to get lunch and bring a carry on with swimsuits & sunblock) ( or wear swimsuits under your clothes on boarding day). Towels are available by the pool (and to take ashore) so no need to pack those. Even though you get your room by 2:00 you may not get your bags until as late as 8:00PM so do bring a small carry on with you. The first night they do allow shorts in the dining room because they realize some people may not have their luggage before their dining time.

On departure you will be placed in a disembarkation group and it will determine what time you leave the ship. You will get bag tags (towards the end of the cruise your room steward will leave them in your stateroom) for disembarkation that have your number on it and your bags will need to be out the night before (usually by 11:00PM) and will be picked up. In the morning you will have a meeting place and time for your number and you will wait there until your group number is called then everyone with that group number will disembark.

There is water available for no charge at all the restaurants & bars in cups so bring your own water bottles and you can fill them to take ashore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by rum & monkey

Welcome to Cruise Critic and to RCCL!!:D Since you didn't let us know when you will be on the Allure, go to the site below, find your cruise week, and begin conversation with cruisers going on the Allure the same week as you! You will find answers to many of your questions there, and can register for the free Meet & Mingle get together once on board the Allure to meet your fellow cruisers in person!!:cool: Happy cruising!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=578

I am a bit confused. I am going on Allure of the Seas on Jan 8, 2017 and my cruise info states check in between 11AM and 3PM. Is that the earliest time?

Although I am Diamond Plus, I have never had a check-in time assigned as far as I remember. We usually arrive at the port about 10:30 or so as we are flying in before the cruise and will check out of our hotel by 10 or soon after.

Thanks for you help and allowing me to piggy back onto this thread.

I am a bit confused. I am going on Allure of the Seas on Jan 8, 2017 and my cruise info states check in between 11AM and 3PM. Is that the earliest time?

Although I am Diamond Plus, I have never had a check-in time assigned as far as I remember. We usually arrive at the port about 10:30 or so as we are flying in before the cruise and will check out of our hotel by 10 or soon after.

Thanks for you help and allowing me to piggy back onto this thread.

I'm not sure exactly when check-in starts, but I would expect it to be open sometime between 10:30am and 11am.

Thank you all! So helpful!!!

We are going on Allure Oct 23-30th. Only 40 people registered on the Meet and Greet/Roll Call forum, hopefully more will register. Would love to connect with those who have kids same age as ours.

So based on everything I read, it seems like there's no draw back to MyTimeDining and I should change to that? I don't care so much about having the same server each day, I want the flexibility to eat whenever. Please let me know if there are any other benefits to set time dining.

Can anyone please share info about the kids club? What ages is it? How safe is it? What hours is it open and what if I want to extend beyond because Hubby and I may see a late show?

Are there music/dance areas for kids to have fun in the evenings? We are experienced Mexico all-inclusive vacationers and kids love the evening shows and being able to dance around.

Would getting an alcohol free pinata colada for my son require a Premium package or will the replenish or refreshment package cover it?

Thank you!

...So based on everything I read, it seems like there's no draw back to MyTimeDining and I should change to that? I don't care so much about having the same server each day, I want the flexibility to eat whenever. Please let me know if there are any other benefits to set time dining....

There may be a wait for a table with MTD, whereas with set dining there is no waiting.

Would getting an alcohol free pinata colada for my son require a Premium package or will the replenish or refreshment package cover it?

The replenish should be enough but like most packages, it takes at least 5-6 drinks every day to at least break even (vs buying individually). Just a word of caution, don't ever mention the word sharing (in conjunction with a drink package) on here.

Please know that it is possible to have a very full, satisfying and fun cruise without spending any additional money. There are plenty of food and beverages which are included. Drink iced tea or lemonade instead of soda. There is sugar-free flavored water, and regular water. Coffee and tea.

We don't drink much alcohol, but you can bring 2 750ml bottles of wine onboard. Your cabin steward will provide you with glasses and a corkscrew. We usually pour ourselves a glass and carry it to dinner or to the show.

For Allure, arrive around 10:30=11am (regardless of any other info you receive with later times on it), and you'll be onboard before noon enjoying lunch.