New cruises released in September

jackieo

I suppose the best advantage having to have school holiday cruises is that we do know when the holidays will be for the next 2 years. Every cloud .......

Any idea what the weather would be like in the Fjords in late May / early June?

We've been then and had gorgeous weather in the daytime everywhere but Bergen, where it rained (it always rains there!). Nights were a bit chilly.

I'm debating whether to book that one even though DH can't arrange holiday for then yet, as it's only 5% deposit.

We've been then and had gorgeous weather in the daytime everywhere but Bergen, where it rained (it always rains there!). Nights were a bit chilly.

I'm debating whether to book that one even though DH can't arrange holiday for then yet, as it's only 5% deposit.

Have never done a cruise to the fjords so it would be different and good to go from Southampton :-) We just loved Kotor in August so imagine this cruise being full of similar scenery. :)

Have never done a cruise to the fjords so it would be different and good to go from Southampton :-) We just loved Kotor in August so imagine this cruise being full of similar scenery. :)

Think of Scotland weather for what to wear. We loved Norway and it's friendly/proud people. We went late April/May and although it only rained in Stavanger it was very very cold and we actually had fresh snow when we went up high on two trips (although not at "sea" level!) BUT that was an exceptionally bad Spring (It was here too that year). This year through a FB group I've seen glorious photo after glorious photo virtually all Spring/Summer! We had lovely blue sky photos (even in Bergen!) but so so cold.

Think of Scotland weather for what to wear. We loved Norway and it's friendly/proud people. We went late April/May and although it only rained in Stavanger it was very very cold and we actually had fresh snow when we went up high on two trips (although not at "sea" level!) BUT that was an exceptionally bad Spring (It was here too that year). This year through a FB group I've seen glorious photo after glorious photo virtually all Spring/Summer! We had lovely blue sky photos (even in Bergen!) but so so cold.

Have spent 7 half term holidays in Lapland in February (off again this year too) so will be fine with the cold .... if it is pretty and snowy ;)

Have spent 7 half term holidays in Lapland in February (off again this year too) so will be fine with the cold .... if it is pretty and snowy ;)

You'll be fine then [emoji4] can't wait to go back myself but other cruises pop up I 'must do'!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have also pre reg for j814 and J815 so see you in 2 years time. Hope you are not after the same cabin as me lol.

I've never pre-registered before, but I've recently pre-registered for a cruise in March 2018. When the cruises actually go live on sale, can one phone up and choose a cabin at that time?

I've never pre-registered before, but I've recently pre-registered for a cruise in March 2018. When the cruises actually go live on sale, can one phone up and choose a cabin at that time?

The cruises for March 18 have been on sale since April this year. The new cruises now pre registering don't start until April.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry, yes, my mistake, got a bit mixed up there - we have got a few booked! the one we have pre-registered for is October 2018.

So, I wonder whether it is the case that I will be able to choose my cabin on the day the cruises are released for sale? There are particular cabins I'm interested in

Sorry, yes, my mistake, got a bit mixed up there - we have got a few booked! the one we have pre-registered for is October 2018.

So, I wonder whether it is the case that I will be able to choose my cabin on the day the cruises are released for sale? There are particular cabins I'm interested in

Did you speak to an agent to pre register? I did and he has noted 4 cabins I'm interested in and advised that hopefully when he checks the bookings on 19th, that I'll have been allocated one of them.

If not, I'd call them with your pre registration reference and ask if they can add notes to the booking for the cabin your interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, Pete, afraid not; we booked direct. Will that make a difference?

On Thursday the TA's have an hour to book cruises before P&O put theirs in. But these are the higher tier cruisers. So if you are in the main group some of the cabins will have gone.

For the vast majority of cruises this will make little difference for one or two non standard ones, Christmas or the New York and New England etc. The prime cabins will go early.

Adapted cabins and suites tend to go first on 'special' cruises. Cruises with a number of new ports go early. Eg our next cruise a Western Med. has 5 ports for us and many others so many cabin types have been booked out for months.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app