New cruises released in September

jackieo

Yes I've been called back by P & O this morning about two cruises and the quotes included 10% discount on both as past passengers, but this is only if you book before end of November I think. The lady this morning said September, but that's not what it says on the website T & Cs.

The 5% deposit is definitely useful as it can be difficult to book holiday allowance so far in advance.

Edited by Britchic4

Just had another look Oriana has 2 cruises back to back in Sep/Oct with 4 new ports in the first and 5 in the second. That is new to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have found a few cruises with ports new to us. Never been to Nassau before, never done round England either. We have pre reg for 3 cruises on Oriana and 2 cruises on Arcadia. Each cruise has at least one new port and one of them has all new ports.

Sue

I got the new leaflet today. Within 10 minutes of opening it I've already found our 2018 cruise (conveniently in the Easter holidays) and I'm planning on booking it later!! I'm a very happy bunny. They seem to have some extremely good routes with very, very competitive prices on the new brochure

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't been able to have a really good look yet but I've seen some slightly different ones - for example Gijon is on a few 7 nighters - haven't seen that on P&O before. Also Hamburg is in a couple of 7 nighters in Spring/Summer which I haven't seen before either. Unfortunately I'm supposed to be going with my friend in 2018 and she wants to go South! Typical!!

Edited by P&O SUE

Wow! I looked through the new cruises this evening, found one that I especially liked the look of, and pre-registered my interest on the website. Given that it says that they will try to call back within 72 hours but they are exceptionally busy at the moment, I was astonished when the lovely Georgina (at any rate she sounds lovely) rang me within the hour. So it's now all arranged that I'll be on Arcadia cruise J814 to the western Med in October 2018.

Wow! I looked through the new cruises this evening, found one that I especially liked the look of, and pre-registered my interest on the website. Given that it says that they will try to call back within 72 hours but they are exceptionally busy at the moment, I was astonished when the lovely Georgina (at any rate she sounds lovely) rang me within the hour. So it's now all arranged that I'll be on Arcadia cruise J814 to the western Med in October 2018.

Congratulations on your cruise booking. We're looking at one of the Oceana ones for the Eastern Med. over Easter .... or maybe a cruise to Norway (for a change) for half term in May on Britannia. :D

Congratulations on your cruise booking. We're looking at one of the Oceana ones for the Eastern Med. over Easter .... or maybe a cruise to Norway (for a change) for half term in May on Britannia. :D

We are looking at that Britannia one. DH hates flying so Oceana is out although I do love her ports!

As We have a future cruise down payment burning a hole in my inbox, we've taken a brief look at the itineraries offered.

Taking into consideration these 2018 itineraries are being released up to 2 years in advance, what is the likely hood of more for late 2018/19 being released by May 2017?

As We have a future cruise down payment burning a hole in my inbox, we've taken a brief look at the itineraries offered.

Taking into consideration these 2018 itineraries are being released up to 2 years in advance, what is the likely hood of more for late 2018/19 being released by May 2017?

If this works and people book I suspect they will go to a twice a year launch in September and April.

So in April I would expect the rest of 18 and the first three month of 19.

We have also pre reg for j814 and J815 so see you in 2 years time. Hope you are not after the same cabin as me lol.

There is just no way I would book this early. Got the book this morning and apart from Greek Isles and 2 more North America ones, it's all a bit samey.

No it's not.

We have seen at least 4/5 cruises with new ports.

Try some of the other lines which run like busses on one route. :) :)

I like to book this early so I know I can get the cabin I want, dining preference etc and have plenty of time to pay for the cruise !!!

I`ve got exactly what I wanted from the Pre Reg launch yesterday so now I can sit back knowing I`ve got something to look forward too

Dai, we like the Med and seriously I have been to most of those places. Have done the Baltic, and don't want the Caribbean, so will try a different company who have overnights in ports. We did that on Adonia and really enjoyed it. Only the small ships can do that.

We have some new ports this October and also September 2017, both on Oriana, so will have a think after that. We only have Oriana and Arcadia, cos we like adult only.

Edited by jeanlyon

Dai, we like the Med and seriously I have been to most of those places. Have done the Baltic, and don't want the Caribbean, so will try a different company who have overnights in ports. We did that on Adonia and really enjoyed it. Only the small ships can do that.

We have some new ports this October and also September 2017, both on Oriana, so will have a think after that. We only have Oriana and Arcadia, cos we like adult only.

The cruises for both of those ships are way different to a couple of years ago and the majority of cruises to the Med have new ports on them. Looking through there are 5/6 ports we have not been to.

Just looked at the map in the full brochure for the periodMay to Oct and counted 17 new to us ports. About 7 of them we will get to in the next ear or so but that still leaves. 10.

Edited by daiB

We only book Oriana and Arcadia for the same reason. Which other companies have child free ships other than Saga?

Sue

Liking the look of 1 or 2 sailings and the extra discount for booking before end of November, however those of us working cannot book leave from work for 2018 yet so guess we miss out on the early booking discounts now as being launched 6 months earlier than before.

We only book Oriana and Arcadia for the same reason. Which other companies have child free ships other than Saga?

Sue

Never seen children on Fred O, but we are going to try Voyages of Discovery. They do go up the rivers to towns like Seville, Bordeaux, Rouen etc.

We may well do another Oriana or Arcadia, but I fear these medium size ships will go to make way for yet more monstrosities! And I would guess that the reason to bring forward the launch is they need more time to fill these big ships.

Edited by jeanlyon

Liking the look of 1 or 2 sailings and the extra discount for booking before end of November, however those of us working cannot book leave from work for 2018 yet so guess we miss out on the early booking discounts now as being launched 6 months earlier than before.

I'm still waiting to have my holiday approved at work before I can book my 2017 cruise so I don't get the early discount ever! It is good for 2018 though, so I might risk a short one out of season when I'm sure I should be able to get the time off ok! ;)

Pre registered for X816....which has actually got 6 ports on it which we have not visited by ship. Of those, 2 of are maiden ports - Rovinj and Mahon, 2 we haven't been to - Valetta and Olbia, Venice which we have only been to via a land based holiday and we were due to go to Pria de Rocha earlier this year but this got changed due to a defective tender.

So I am very happy with this itinerary, especially as Oriana is now my favourite ship!

I suppose the best advantage having to have school holiday cruises is that we do know when the holidays will be for the next 2 years. Every cloud .......

Any idea what the weather would be like in the Fjords in late May / early June?