Anyone know what happened on the Legend this week?

nancyfancy40

My friends just got off the ship and said they had excitement of the ship last night. They said they were at dinner, heard a loud bang and then the ship started listing. :eek:

All I hope is it was random and does not affect our cruise next week, I would not be a happy camper.

Nancy

Heard it was an apezoid malfunction that was quickly repaired.

Now, this depends, as the apezoid is controlled by the framistat. It could have been a framistat malfuction that affected the apezoid. Framistats rarely fail, and they may not have a spare on board.;)

Now, this depends, as the apezoid is controlled by the framistat. It could have been a framistat malfuction that affected the apezoid. Framistats rarely fail, and they may not have a spare on board.;)

:D:D:D:D

Heard it was an apezoid malfunction that was quickly repaired.

Do you mean the Azipod???? That is part of the propulsion and steering system of a ship

Edited by dacsmom

I suspect the "list" was "turn-induced heeling", where the ship leans away from a sharp turn when travelling at speed. If one pod stopped, this would cause drag on that side, causing the ship to start turning.

And lou, was probably gerfingerpokin that caused the framistat to fail.

Edited by chengkp75

I suspect the "list" was "turn-induced heeling", where the ship leans away from a sharp turn when travelling at speed. If one pod stopped, this would cause drag on that side, causing the ship to start turning.

I learn so much from your posts, thank you. Does a pod just stop or does the bridge get some type of warning before hand? Luckily, I have never been on a ship that listed or turned hard.

Gerfingerpokin.... I'm still chuckling over that one.:D

I learn so much from your posts, thank you. Does a pod just stop or does the bridge get some type of warning before hand? Luckily, I have never been on a ship that listed or turned hard.

It just stops, no warnings.

I think the root cause of the problem was probably a bent spungamunger...

You know, you might be right, and the bent spungamunger caused the Berengaria bearing to fail, thus making the apezoid tilt to become greater than normal on it's lateral axis.

My gosh, I'm surprised the ship didn't capsize! ;)