Vista cancels port

Hello out there. I'm sailing on the Vista in October and last week they cancelled the stop in Turkey which is totally understandable.

What I don't understand is Carnival not adding another port but instead giving us a "Day at Sea"

I don't know if we are the only passengers that feel this way but I feel cheated -from visiting 6 countries now down to 5. If there weren't so many other possibilities of a stop on the itinerary I could maybe understand but a day a sea seems very lame as an option.

It is what it is. There are still many ships in the sea and European ports don't seem to take as many ships at a time as the Caribbean does. Plus, the day you were scheduled somewhere may be occupied by other ships on an already decided itinerary. Better to be safe than sorry. I was on a cruise last year to call on Tunisia but we had it replaced with Greece.

Just perhaps the extra day will come in handy to rest up and recharge the excursion spirit. When I did a 10 day Med cruise, I was hoping for an extra sea day by day 7. Being on the go from early morning to 5 pm in a different port each day can be tiring by week's end.

Southern Caribbean and Alaska cruises are similarly packed with a new cruise port almost every day. I didn't want to miss anything, but it can get tiring.

Carnival will try to rearrainge your schedule to fit in another port to replace the one you will miss. The problem you run into is if there is no docking space available you will get a sea day.

Edited by skrufy

We were on a 10 day Barcelona to Athens in June and did stop in Turkey. We only had one sea day and were wiped out by th news of the cruise.

Edited by figdu

Europe is exhausting whether or not you're on a cruise. IMO Europe is more exhausting when you're on a cruise because you're waking up at 5-5:30 for a 7 am arrival to shower, eat and go. Since cruise ports aren't necessarily near the actual intended city it can make for a long day. Compared to the land trips, your days feel exhaustingly long on the cruise. You'll enjoy an extra sea day.

I understand your disappointment, however having just come off an 8 day Carnival Vista cruise through the Med with 6 ports days, I know first hand it was exhausting and left little time to enjoy the brand new Vista. Enjoy the port days you have and use the newly found sea day to relax and rest up from all that you will be doing!

I feel your pain. I am on the September 13th cruise and Turkey was our first port stop. Wouldn't feel so bad about it if it had been later in the cruise because then it may have seemed nice to get a break.

Hello out there. I'm sailing on the Vista in October and last week they cancelled the stop in Turkey which is totally understandable.

What I don't understand is Carnival not adding another port but instead giving us a "Day at Sea"

I don't know if we are the only passengers that feel this way but I feel cheated -from visiting 6 countries now down to 5. If there weren't so many other possibilities of a stop on the itinerary I could maybe understand but a day a sea seems very lame as an option.

No problem with that.

Probably was not their first choice. And not always up to them. They don't own the seas and ports.

It isn't like they can just pull into any old 'parking space' they want. There is a lot of logistical issues in berthing a ship that large.

You visited 5 countries and feel cheated?

Tis sad..the political situation and a dream port with so many discoveries desired for many of us..sorry OP. It is a better safe than sorry deal I suppose more and more..not sure. Prayers for our world.

Agree with person that said either way..Europe is a big trip..if seeing a lot of places fast. Pros and cons the cruise way but the packing every night and suitcase at door by 6 or 7 tours..whoa do not want right now. Either want to be in one place with day trips or a cruise now...

Enjoy the ship...everyone says she is just new different and wonderful.

Edited by sjn911

I think it part comes down to logistics ie the time needed to get from and to the port either side.

What you have to bear in mind is the Turkey stop SHOULD have been Izmir until they swapped it to Kusadasi.

If they had been able to have taken us to another countries port then they would have changed it back then.

I've been booked since Feb and have been watching it all unfold from then on.

In that time they were only able to change one stop in Turkey for another country and I "think" that was Kotor and was on one of the first sailings. They said they could not change any of the other stop to it just that one.

For me I would rather being going to Turkey than have another day at sea. Both of us prefer to able to get off the ship than be stuck on board with everyone else. Just glad we have a balcony to escape to.

OP, you just need to relax and enjoy the rest of the cruise.

As others have stated, it will be exhausting enough with all the other days having a stop and excursion in every port. We are on the Set. 13th sailing in about 13 days and I,for one, am looking forward to the extra sea day to explore the Vista and see what she has to offer that is different from the other ships.

I would also hate having to stay on the ship, and watching a hairy chest contest. On the other hand, don't feel cheated. Changing a stop or cancelling a stop, and replacing it, is not the easiest thing to do with a ship. It's easy to not stop, but much harder to get all the approvals to stop at a different port. In the Caribbean, it's easy to change plans for a ship, but outside and the rest of the world, it's more complicated.

We are on the October 1 Vista cruise and are thrilled with the extra sea day. One sea day is not enough to enjoy the new ship. What's the point of being on a new ship if you don't have the opportunity to check everything out. We always do Behind the Fun tours, and are looking forward to the brewery tour, not to mention having lunch at some of the specialty restaurants. Let's also not forget the sky ride, ropes course, IMAX theater, and even the Dive In movies. At our age, when we have to get up so darn early for the port days, we go to bed earlier and miss out on the evening entertainment, so yes, we are very much looking forward to the extra sea day.