Is FTTF worth it in FLL

newt98

I know there has been much discussion on this, but I am not completely certain if fttf is worth it. I have 11:00 boarding on the conquest in February. I did purchase the fttf. But I'm not sure if I get anything of any actual value outside of having my room ready before 1.

Itinerary is San juan, St kitts, Grand turk, St maarten. No tenders.

Thank you for your input.

How do you know you have 11:00 boarding? Do you mean you have an 11:00 check in time? If so that is not the time you get to board the ship, it is the time you are allowed to enter the terminal.

Only you can decide if the perks are worth it. I get it when it is available, but I don't stress if it isn't. You get to board the ship after weddings, diamonds, and platinums. Separate line at GS is always a plus.

Edited by dacsmom

You are mistaking your "check in "time for boarding time!

They are 2 different things.

You probably have 11AM "check in". You cannot tell from that at what time you would actually board the ship.

Getting on board and having our cabin ready right away is worth it to us!

I know there has been much discussion on this, but I am not completely certain if fttf is worth it. I have 11:00 boarding on the conquest in February. I did purchase the fttf. But I'm not sure if I get anything of any actual value outside of having my room ready before 1.

Itinerary is San juan, St kitts, Grand turk, St maarten. No tenders.

Thank you for your input.

It's a waste of $70-$80. It's ridiculously expensive.

We sailed on the Conquest out of Port Everglades in June. We did not have FTTF and it was our first cruise, so we were about as low on the totem as we could get. We got to the port around 10:45. I can't tell you exactly how long it took us to make our way through the line to the check-in counter, but it wasn't too terribly long. Once we got to the main waiting area, it never felt like we were waiting long before they started boarding the priority passengers. Once they started, each group went quickly. We just enjoyed the excitement of a new experience and talking to others waiting around us. We were on the ship by 12:30. We went straight to Lido and ate lunch (the buffet line wasn't very long at all). We did have two carry-ons with us, which was a bit cumbersome, but we didn't mind. By the time we were done eating, our cabin was ready. Now obviously this was our experience and others' may differ, but in the future, we don't see a need to purchase FTTF.

Edited by Organized Chaos

FLL is an airport. Did you mean to say Port Everglades? In any case, whether it's worth it is subjective, and will differ with each sailing. We sailed out of Port Everglades with FTTF. We got to the port at about 10:30. The FTTF line was longer than the regular time. Then we had a delayed boarding due to people not wanting to get off from the previous cruise (they had to search for people), so we didn't get on until about 12:45, which was only 15 mins before the rooms were ready anyway. We did get our luggage before the muster drill (but not right after we boarded, which is what they claim - "it'll be there waiting for you when you board"). Priority debarkation came in handy. So, in the end, did I think it was worth it? Not sure, but I don't regret getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I get it, it's my money, my decision, thanks. Jeez

You seem disgusted at the replies - ie "Jeez". :eek:

You have quite a few posts and have been a member here for some time.

Therefore, you should have noticed the constant "is FTTF worth it" threads.

Everyone has a different take on the value of FTTF.

A link was provided with everything FTTF offers.

If it includes perks you want, buy it, or pass. If you want us to decide, I say buy it - I buy it when I can.

Have been out of the loop for 5 years. And It seems like the only actual benefit on this itinerary would b to get my room early. So I am trying to find out if I missed something, because $80 is a high dollar point for a couple hours of cabin time.

And I do my research on my mobile, and the eyes aren't once they were, so for me the best way to find this answer was too post a specific question about my itinerary and ask for some help from people in the know.

So, I am 45 years old, and don't need to b talked to like a child that just got his allowance and is deciding between a Coke and a Pepsi!

I did buy it, I appreciate your opinion to buy it, which is what I am looking for here.

Have been out of the loop for 5 years. And It seems like the only actual benefit on this itinerary would b to get my room early. So I am trying to find out if I missed something, because $80 is a high dollar point for a couple hours of cabin time.

And I do my research on my mobile, and the eyes aren't once they were, so for me the best way to find this answer was too post a specific question about my itinerary and ask for some help from people in the know.

So, I am 45 years old, and don't need to b talked to like a child that just got his allowance and is deciding between a Coke and a Pepsi!

I did buy it, I appreciate your opinion to buy it, which is what I am looking for here.

I think it will be hard to get an opinion on FTTF from Port Everglades. The reason is the staggered check in is not starting until October. You said you have purchased it. I would keep checking here and see how things are going with that. It might have an effect on whether you feel it is worth it. You do have the option to cancel it as it is an excursion. The cutoff for cancellation of excursions is 11:30pm ET the evening prior to departure.

It is nice to have options. It is nice to have it purchased now. If you decide to cancel you can, but it may not be available later if you decided your wanted it.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

We purchased FTTF on our first cruise. It's nice to have the room ready when you board, but we like arriving to the port later so we can just walk right on the ship. For us it's a waste of money but there are people who love it. I can't imagine paying these increased prices for it. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FLL is an airport. Did you mean to say Port Everglades?

As a Floridian and pilot, FLL is sort of the airport code for Fort Lauderdale- Hollywood International Airport. Actually it is KFLL I often refer to in writing anything in Fort Lauderdale as "FLL", and that is where Port Everglades is located.

No offense, but you're really being picky with that comment. Come visit us some time at BCT, and I don't mean "KBCT"! ;)

Have been out of the loop for 5 years. And It seems like the only actual benefit on this itinerary would b to get my room early.

Priority tendering is also a great benefit. We had FTTF last year when we went to Grand Cayman, and we were on the first tender even without a Carnival excursion booked.

Priority debarkation is also good too, if you want to get off early but don't want to carry your bags off. On my last cruise , my husband was injured and had to be wheeled off of the ship. There would have been no way for me to manage all of our bags ourself to do self-debarkation, so our priority debarkation came in handy that day.

In the end, it's all about a person's individual situation and what's important to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I understand where you're coming from. Sure, someone can post a link showing exactly what FTTF consists of, but it's not always helpful when trying to decide. Especially when a lot of money is involved. Oftentimes the personal experiences are far more valuable. We can go to Carnival's site and read everything a particular ship has to offer, but so much more can be added by hearing from people who actually experienced it. It's why forums like this are created.

Hi there

I think it is somewhat funny.

This same question comes up almost every week. If you do a "search this forum" you will find more than 300 threads (I did check once a while ago)

Same sort of question, "is it worth it?"

The debate is always the same...300+ threads, thousand of repeated responses, pro and con.

The reality is that you don't get anything "tangible" for the cost. It is all services. I was on a cruise last week and I didn't have to wait long to get on the ship and our cabin was ready when we boarded. I didn't have to pay anything extra, it was my first HAL cruise.

What is funny to me is that eventually Carnival will raise the price one too many times and the consensus will shift sufficiently so that most people will agree that it "is not worth it". I am just wondering what price that will be.

with or without FTTF

have a great cruise

Hi there

I think it is somewhat funny.

This same question comes up almost every week. If you do a "search this forum" you will find more than 300 threads (I did check once a while ago)

Having come here from the old Carnival forum (it happened there all the time) and also having looked around the CC forum for a little while before actually joining, I can honestly say it often ends up a lose lose situation for the person with a question. If a person starts a new thread to ask a question that's been asked many times before, they're told they should've searched the forum and used one of the existing threads. On the other hand, if a person does search the forum and posts in an existing older thread, people gripe because they pushed an old thread to the top and dredged up old debates. I'm not saying that people shouldn't search to see if the topic has already been covered, because they should, but they usually end up getting griped at no matter which path they choose.