specialty restaurants -costs (jewel)

fragilek

Hi about to sail on the Jewel and was trying to see if there was any advantage of booking the restaurants in advance - How much are the restaurants on board and is there any offers for multiple bookings if booking on board. I know I can book in advance but not sure if the deal so good as its in £'s. Do the book up completely in advance. Thanks

Hi about to sail on the Jewel and was trying to see if there was any advantage of booking the restaurants in advance - How much are the restaurants on board and is there any offers for multiple bookings if booking on board. I know I can book in advance but not sure if the deal so good as its in £'s. Do the book up completely in advance. Thanks

When we were on the Jewel last Nov, they still offered discounts for multiple speciality restaurants. I prefer to wait until I'm onboard so that I don't have to pay up front.

We are on Jewel on Sunday and have for the first time pre-booked the 3 night dining package. We paid £57.75 per person. On every other occasion we have just booked on board for Chops steakhouse ¢35 dollars each. However with the exchange rate at the moment it is really beneficial to do it prior to sailing.We are using all three in Chops so for us it represents great value as we love it there. The same applies to the drinks package, I have pre-booked because of the exchange rate. Hope this helps.;)

We are on Jewel on Sunday and have for the first time pre-booked the 3 night dining package. We paid £57.75 per person. On every other occasion we have just booked on board for Chops steakhouse ¢35 dollars each. However with the exchange rate at the moment it is really beneficial to do it prior to sailing.We are using all three in Chops so for us it represents great value as we love it there. The same applies to the drinks package, I have pre-booked because of the exchange rate. Hope this helps.;)

I have prepurchased quite a bit of OBC as the rate is 1.428 :D (still is). I plan to use that to upgrade our select packages but even with that rate looks like prepurchase may be best . Do you happen to know how much Giovanis was - It has a great looking gluten free menu :)

I have prepurchased quite a bit of OBC as the rate is 1.428 :D (still is). I plan to use that to upgrade our select packages but even with that rate looks like prepurchase may be best . Do you happen to know how much Giovanis was - It has a great looking gluten free menu :)

Don't know for sure, but it's been running $25 to $30.

thanks for that info. I am now tempted to book before we go. Does anyone know what the formal nights will be on a 9 night sailing. sea days are 3rd and 8th day

Each itinerary is different, there is no fleetwide standard for formal nights, however the first formal night will likely be on night 2.

Edited by clarea

I if choose the prebook package is there a way to avoid being given day 2 as I would prefer to go to the MDR on formal nights

My understanding is that you pick the day/time for the first restaurant.

When we sailed on Explorer last year they offered Chops at half price on the first night, has anyone recently sailed on Jewel noticed if they offer this on the first night?

Thanks

would also be interested if there was any half prices deals on Jewel in the restaurants - we are celebrating our 30th anniversary the day before we set sail so would want to dine in speciality restaurant for first night

Returned yesterday from Greek cruise on Jewel. We had prebooked Giovanni's for the final evening. However, a special offer appeared in the compass about the 3rd day; three restaurants for $75pp. We booked the special offer and we were refunded the on-line purchase cost for Giovanni's. Izumi is absolutely outstanding; we loved it (especially, the lobster/truffle rolls and the hot rocks). Btw, Izumi is a-la-carte pricing, but when we booked the 3 day special, we were given a $30 credit pp. Chops Grille was amazing as well and we also loved Giovanni's. We were travelling with our son and his partner and this was their first cruise. The speciality dining absolutely made this cruise and was by far the very best part; cannot recommend it enough. Btw, we also had curry on the curry night in the Windjammer (and we enjoyed that very much).

Oh, and just to mention, we had no difficulty in booking when on ship. Although, Giovanni's (I understand) was fully booked on the last night. We booked for 6pm though (so other times might not be available, there are only a few window seats, for 4, and given that dining takes around 2 hours this was a good tactic, for us anyway). Always got a great table at 6pm and by 7pm the restaurants were pretty full. We'd leave at 8pm to catch the music trivia in the Schooner bar (which we loved!).