Fairy has landed

Great news, Tracy.

Upgrades/upsells are only good if they are where you want to be and, in the case of upsells, at a price you're prepared to pay.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise in your cosy inside cabin and there are plenty of "balcony" railings to lean on and enjoy the views on the public decks. :)

Great news, Tracy.

Upgrades/upsells are only good if they are where you want to be and, in the case of upsells, at a price you're prepared to pay.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise in your cosy inside cabin and there are plenty of "balcony" railings to lean on and enjoy the views on the public decks. :)

Thanks Julie,yep I guess we not blaming Princess, was wonderful to receive an offer. But the execution was appalling.

We knee-jerked, not having any experience, got caught up in the excitement of it.

In reality we both gain, they get another cruise in the new year and so do we.

38 days till the big bird WoW

Edited by mrs and mrs

Thanks Julie,yep I guess we not blaming Princess, was wonderful to receive an offer. But the execution was appalling.

We knee-jerked, not having any experience, got caught up in the excitement of it.

In reality we both gain, they get another cruise in the new year and so do we.

38 days till the big bird WoW

Glad you ended up with what you wanted.

Many upgrades aren't. Yours looked great for me, not for you. I always mark my bookings no upgrade, because I need a cabin in a certain location.

A ini suite is useless to me and an "Upgrade" from a premium balcony (half covered midship) to a mini-suite (forward, uncovered) would for us be a major downgrade, in fact would cancel the cruise.

mrs & mrs, I am utterly confused with this topic !! Maybe I am dumb, but..as Pauline Hanson says...Please Explain.

1. Why did you knock back the balcony @ $106 per day ? Bargain.

2. Which cabin are you in now?

I am waiting on an upgrade to a 'dog kennel' from a balcony on deck of QM2 n March 2.

LOL. (They tell me they have 12 kennels on board, for the fur babies of the rich and famous who travel on QM2.) Might see what price Cunard will give me on a kennel, so as I can take ye olde Labrador, big fur baby.

PS..I always book direct with Princess, I find it easier and more flexibility, such as cabin changes etc. They don't want more $ every time they hit their 'puter.

Edited by NSWP

Glad you got everything sorted out mrs and mrs. You'll have a great cruise, I'm sure. Oh, by the way, if you are spending a day or 2 in China before boarding make sure you have a couple of those small packets of tissues on you when out and about. No dunny paper in public loos in China - unless they happen to be 5 star happy rooms.

mrs & mrs, I am utterly confused with this topic !! Maybe I am dumb, but..as Pauline Hanson says...Please Explain.

It might have been a bargain price for a balcony but, since it's a 28 day cruise, the total cost of the upsell was $1400, which is a big whack extra on anyone's budget.

Glad you got everything sorted out mrs and mrs. You'll have a great cruise, I'm sure. Oh, by the way, if you are spending a day or 2 in China before boarding make sure you have a couple of those small packets of tissues on you when out and about. No dunny paper in public loos in China - unless they happen to be 5 star happy rooms.

Also take some Wet Ones antibacterial wipes. Sometimes there isn't any water to wash your hands after using the toilet.

It might have been a bargain price for a balcony but, since it's a 28 day cruise, the total cost of the upsell was $1400, which is a big whack extra on anyone's budget.

I agree, if the upsell was 1/2 that it may have been more tempting. If they really wanted a Balcony they probably would have booked one in the first place.:D

Noted, thanks, sorry for intrusion on mrs and mrs. One can only travel according to one's budget.

all good Les.

I prob didn't explain it right so here goes.

Booked interior way, way back at great price.

Prob figured up-sells were coming as heaps of balconies left.

E-mail from Princess offering upsell $1400.

Sit-down discuss, post immediately on here.

Ring princess, ask about offer and are told, we will be provided with cabin choices.

NOW THE PROB STARTS.

Nice princess lady discusses our first choice of cabin, which is straight opposite, original interior.

We eagerly await choices, only to receive an e-mail, saying we are now booked in this new cabin.

Nice princess lady had booked us straight into new cabin.

Whoa hang-on we would have liked the list first, for other options.

Ring first nice princess lady who stated again we could rescind the offer.

Receive phone-call from second nice princess lady saying, they cant do anything as office is now closed in states.

Will have to wait till morning. But we may have lost original, but would be offered another.NNOOOO,not what we were told.

Receive another phone-call, from first nice princess lady, who apologised for the cluster-muck.

No phone call at six, in morning so decide to check e-mails and there it is original booking.

Receive phone-call from 2nd nice princess lady, and its apologies all round and kissy-kissy.

Exhausted and spaced out with to many anxiety pills.

Reason we changed our mind was,$1400,pays a lot of alcohol, or a cruise early next year,etc,etc.

We were told we had time to decide, but the mistake was that it was booked on our saying mmh that's interesting, but lets have a look first, discuss and decide.

Anyways all good now.

Black-cats asleep and not scared.:):)

Was still a great price on a balcony.

P/s I still don't know if this makes sense

Edited by mrs and mrs

Makes perfect sense to me ... but then perhaps I'm not a 'normal' person. ;)

And speaking of alcohol ... would you be so kind as to report back after your cruise, just how much they're charging ON BOARD for the AIBP? I'm getting so many different prices - my cruise personaliser says $79.95AUD per person per day. On the Princess website when not logged on it's telling me under the beveridge packages section it's either $56.35 PP/PD or $59.00AUD PP/PD for the all inclusive thingie. I'm interested in knowing just how much this bloomin' AIBP actually is, in Aussie Dollars!

As this will be a "new" cruise season with probably increased prices, I'm wondering what they will actually be charging this time around.

Only reason I'm looking at it is that on our last cruise we were gifted 2 coffee cards (I like my double shot espressos). Our next cruise (March '17) we'll need to buy 2 new cards. LOL doing my pre-cruise planning (and sums) now so I can get the old budget organised.

Would very much appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks.

2. Which cabin are you in now?

I am waiting on an upgrade to a 'dog kennel' from a balcony on deck of QM2 n March 2.

LOL. (They tell me they have 12 kennels on board, for the fur babies of the rich and famous who travel on QM2.) Might see what price Cunard will give me on a kennel, so as I can take ye olde Labrador, big fur baby.

PS..I always book direct with Princess, I find it easier and more flexibility, such as cabin changes etc. They don't want more $ every time they hit their 'puter.

Sorry Les, Labrador won't get to travel. Kennels are only used for Trans Atlantic crossings. :)

And speaking of alcohol ... would you be so kind as to report back after your cruise, just how much they're charging ON BOARD for the AIBP? I'm getting so many different prices - my cruise personaliser says $79.95AUD per person per day. On the Princess website when not logged on it's telling me under the beveridge packages section it's either $56.35 PP/PD or $59.00AUD PP/PD for the all inclusive thingie. I'm interested in knowing just how much this bloomin' AIBP actually is, in Aussie Dollars!

As this will be a "new" cruise season with probably increased prices, I'm wondering what they will actually be charging this time around.

Only reason I'm looking at it is that on our last cruise we were gifted 2 coffee cards (I like my double shot espressos). Our next cruise (March '17) we'll need to buy 2 new cards. LOL doing my pre-cruise planning (and sums) now so I can get the old budget organised.

Will do,will take pics of menus and such,and post when we get back.

AIBP this trip is $64.90 approx.water $7.59 (12)500ml,coffee $39.22 15 punches,soda,mocktails and more $8.83 per/dayper person.Thats all AUD

Edited by mrs and mrs

It's AU $59, it has been that price since it first became available last year, still is that price, and I will be more than happy to confirm that in less than two weeks when I board Sun.

There is a bug in the Princess website software that screws up the pricing in the Personalizer. Do your budgeting on $59 and don't panic. ;) :D

Will do,will take pics of menus and such,and post when we get back.

AIBP this trip is $64.90 approx.water $7.59 (12)500ml,coffee $39.22 15 punches,soda,mocktails and more $8.83 per/dayper person.Thats all AUD

No, Tracy, the AIBP will be $59 when you board. I've told you this more than once. IGNORE THE BLOODY PERSONALIZER PRICE! It's wrong!

Thanks OzKiwiJJ, I look forward to r:)eading your report of your cruise too.

I can tell you already how it will go:

Sea Days - Get up, have breakfast, go to trivia, have coffee, go to the Sanctuary, read and watch the ocean, have lunch, read and watch the ocean, have wicked afternoon tea, read and watch the ocean and possibly the sunset, go to cabin to shower and change, have a cocktail (or two), have dinner, maybe go to a show, maybe dance, sleep.

Port Days - Get up, have breakfast, go ashore and do stuff, come back on board (have lunch if haven't already), go to the Sanctuary, read and watch the ocean, have wicked afternoon tea, read and watch the ocean and possibly the sunset, go to cabin to shower and change, have a cocktail (or two), have dinner, maybe go to a show, maybe dance, sleep.

We're very predictable. :p

I can tell you already how it will go:

Sea Days - Get up, have breakfast, go to trivia, have coffee, go to the Sanctuary, read and watch the ocean, have lunch, read and watch the ocean, have wicked afternoon tea, read and watch the ocean and possibly the sunset, go to cabin to shower and change, have a cocktail (or two), have dinner, maybe go to a show, maybe dance, sleep.

Port Days - Get up, have breakfast, go ashore and do stuff, come back on board (have lunch if haven't already), go to the Sanctuary, read and watch the ocean, have wicked afternoon tea, read and watch the ocean and possibly the sunset, go to cabin to shower and change, have a cocktail (or two), have dinner, maybe go to a show, maybe dance, sleep.

We're very predictable. :p

No nana nap:eek::eek:

I'd never survive.

No, Tracy, the AIBP will be $59 when you board. I've told you this more than once. IGNORE THE BLOODY PERSONALIZER PRICE! It's wrong!

Arrgghh,well ill boody well tell you when we get back lol.

OmG weve all been bris41ied.

I know you have told me more than once,im slightly deaf you know aarrgghh.:eek::eek::D:)

Arrgghh,well ill boody well tell you when we get back lol.

OmG weve all been bris41ied.

I know you have told me more than once,im slightly deaf you know aarrgghh.:eek::eek::D:)

Deaf? In one eye? :D :p

Edited by OzKiwiJJ