Where/How to book cruise?

GarnerGirls

After researching and considering our time and cost I think I have figured out which cruise will work for us.

So... the question is now how do I book it? In the past I have always booked directly with the cruise line.

I have seen many sites that offer cruise deals. But it is hard to figure out the bottom line for my cruise.

I have never used a travel agent because I feel like I have to tell them everything and 'hope' the make the right arrangements. I have peace of mind just telling the cruise line directly. Are there benefits I'm not see with a travel agent?

We are wanting to do the Carnival Liberty, 5 nights, on Oct 17, 2016, 2 adults, interior/king bed, any part of the ship.... if any of that makes a difference...LOL

So what is my best bet..

Directly with cruise line, a cruise website or a travel agent?

Also, should I keep waiting or is there a chance that the prices will go down or do I chance it being sold out?

Thanks!

We book on board during the current cruise for whatever perks are available at that time.

Then we transfer to our TA to help with whatever help we need.

And

We have gotten a free meal and champagne (in cabin upon boarding) during the cruise.

Enjoy we do

We book on board during the current cruise for whatever perks are available at that time.

Then we transfer to our TA to help with whatever help we need.

And

We have gotten a free meal and champagne (in cabin upon boarding) during the cruise.

Enjoy we do

Kind of a silly answer since the OP is not on board at this time and thus could not do that.

I usually book with a discount agent I found online. Service has been great and the price even better.

The rate across the board (direct, OTA) has to be the same. The Online Travel Agency or personal Travel Agent will NOT and cannot publish a different rate than what a direct agent I.e cruise lines publish.

They may offer perks on their end in the form of OBC or what ever they want.

Bottom line is....the rate they (Travel Agent) give to you cannot be lower or higher than what is published on a Direct Website.

It is called Rate Parity.

We've done both in the past but now just book directly through the cruise line. We sail Carnival quite often. I would just go ahead and book as your sail date is getting close and will most likely sell out soon. Prices don't seem to be dropping closer to the sail date as they have in the past.

You can call Carnival and ask for a Personal Vacation Planner (PVP) to be assigned to you if you would like, but you can also book online yourself or call and speak with a representative. We've had no issues doing all of the above. You can also put a cabin on hold for 48 hours without incurring any costs. Since this in your first cruise, I would try and book a cabin midship if still available..less motion. Hope this helps!

Edited by Lil2Angelic

You should start with the cruise line and determine what their price is for the cabin you want. This may include some perks such as on board credit, free drink packages, etc. Then look for a good TA as most can beat what the cruise line offers.

Many TA's will give you additional OBC above and beyond what the cruise line is offering. Some may offer you a rebate in cash after your cruise. The bottom line is that you CAN get some additional savings by going through a good TA. On this board we are not allowed to recommend any agency.