Which ship???

bobbyclobber

We are a fam of 4 ,2 adults and 2 girls 14 and 12 and we have cruised 8 times .My problem is we are flying in and out of NYC in April2017 and trying to decide what ship to cruise on .Norwegian Breakaway Florida and Bahamas ,RCCL Anthem of the seas same ports as Breakaway and then there is Norwegian Gem 10 day to Caribbean 4 ports .We have done all ports so it really doesn't matter where it's going .How warm/ cool will it be leaving from NYC ? Would I expect that the first day or two would not be suntan weather until we get closer to Florida?

Can anyone who has sailed these ships shed so light on which will be the best for us ,my girls are not interested in teen clubs so that would nobe a factor

Thanks Brenda

April from NY? Could be pretty chilly....Hows the weather in Canada in April? I'm in Virginia, and it's NOT summertime!

You will have at least 2 days each way in cool weather....factor that into your plans!

I would want to go to the CARIBBEAN...it's warm/hot all year long! Bahamas...same as Florida weather!

Probably RCCL.

But then I don't know you at all.

People say my daughter should love Carnival or RCCL, but I know that she would be much more at home on Princess or Cunard or Celebrity,mshe's not a typical 30 year old.

Breakaway and Anthem will have a lot more to do, and have a lot more kids. I know you say they aren't interested in the teen clubs, but my kids loved cruising as teens more than when the were younger, because they loved meeting other teens and hanging out, and kept in touch with them after the cruise. BCL teen clubs start at 13, RCCL 12.

We just booked our 2nd cruise on the BA for May, when it goes to Bermuda. My kids ranged in age from 10 - 17 last cruise, and they loved it.

We cruised out of Bayonne, NJ on Quantum in January and while the first sea day was chilly, by the second day the weather was quite nice (I grew up in Nfld and even the afternoon of first sea day was like your typical St. John's summer day ;)). We've never cruised Norwegian but my girls (ages 12 and 7) absolutely loved Quantum (sister ship to Anthem). It's designed as a "cold weather" ship, so there's plenty to do on those cooler sea days (skydiving, indoor pool, bumper cars, rollerskating, circus school, north star, etc). And the entertainment was fantastic. My oldest has never liked the kids' clubs but we found that there were so many great activities we could do as a family. It was one of the best cruises we've ever taken (14 and counting).

Edited by YOWmom

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't sailed on A them yet, but I've been on the NCL Gem and NCL Breakaway. I absolutely LOVE sailing out of NY! We usually do it in the summer, but have sailed in February and by Day 2, we were out in the pool with gorgeous weather. I would HIGHLY recommend the Breakaway vs the Gen, simply because newer larger ship = more to do...for everyone! I love BA so much, I'm sailing on her again in 11 days for the 5th time.

So my picks would be Anthem or Breakaway.

Happy Planning!!