Cafe Select Coffee Card

LorraineP

I have also tried to book for upcoming October cruise on Freedom and does not seem to be offered on their drink package listing. Wondering if only available for the larger ships?

I wonder if you can only buy them on the ship...hopefully someone will answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

Just to update the information on the card.....yes it can only be bought on board. With taxes it was about $36 for 15 coffees at Cafe lattetudes (my ship didn't have a Starbucks) any size drink. Although I used all of my punches, leftover punches cannot be used on another cruise (like Princess allows).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had the deluxe beverage package and used it there as well as at the Patisserie which served Starbucks drinks but was not a stand alone Starbucks. So the deluxe package will get you Starbucks drinks on Anthem since it is not a branded Starbucks store. I believe I saw the coffee card advertised at that location as well. I can ask my friend. She is on Anthem now and I think she was planning on buying it. One thing I noticed was that the fine print said it did not include the 18 percent gratuity so I don't know if that will get charged as well which would reduce the overall discount. I don't think the prices I quoted included that either but for me with my package it didn't matter. I will ask my friend what is happening to her on Anthem and update.

I had the deluxe beverage package and used it there as well as at the Patisserie which served Starbucks drinks but was not a stand alone Starbucks. So the deluxe package will get you Starbucks drinks on Anthem since it is not a branded Starbucks store. I believe I saw the coffee card advertised at that location as well. I can ask my friend. She is on Anthem now and I think she was planning on buying it. One thing I noticed was that the fine print said it did not include the 18 percent gratuity so I don't know if that will get charged as well which would reduce the overall discount. I don't think the prices I quoted included that either but for me with my package it didn't matter. I will ask my friend what is happening to her on Anthem and update.

That would be awesome. Its showing up in my cruise planner now for my Anthem cruise next month - for $31 plus $5.50 in service charge. Trying to figure out if it would be worth it for us...

Just to update the information on the card.....yes it can only be bought on board. With taxes it was about $36 for 15 coffees at Cafe lattetudes (my ship didn't have a Starbucks) any size drink. Although I used all of my punches, leftover punches cannot be used on another cruise (like Princess allows).

Yet,the guy on the MJ told me I could use it on another sailing...:rolleyes:

Also seeing Cafe select coffee card in our cruise planner Oasis 12/31 NY sailing. No details on where it can be used. $36.58 including gratuities.

Here is the description:

CAFÉ SELECT COFFEE CARD

Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price. Start the morning off right with a macchiato or latte and reenergize your afternoons with iced coffee or an espresso, then finish your meal with a cappuccino. Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees.

Would love to hear if anyone else has used this on Oasis!

Also seeing Cafe select coffee card in our cruise planner Oasis 12/31 NY sailing. No details on where it can be used. $36.58 including gratuities.

Here is the description:

CAFÉ SELECT COFFEE CARD

Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price. Start the morning off right with a macchiato or latte and reenergize your afternoons with iced coffee or an espresso, then finish your meal with a cappuccino. Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees.

Would love to hear if anyone else has used this on Oasis!

We didn't use it (had drink package) but several people had them during our Oasis trip a few weeks ago. Just handed it to the staff at Promenade and Park cafe for what ever they were ordering

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It shows up for our Adventure cruise! Woo!

And in T&C it says "Specialty Coffees do not include any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks® stores/cafes."

Not that that matters for Adventure, but I think it should answer the question for those on ships with actual Starbucks.

Now MY question is...I remember hearing that the card's included beverages are somewhat limited, like no frappucinos. Does anyone know if this is true? We tend to get iced lattes and iced mochas, and want to make sure those are included. (the info about the drinks in the listing is silly...they talk about "coffee"...espresso isn't brewed coffee, and actual coffee is free, so it just makes no sense)

It shows up for our Adventure cruise! Woo!

And in T&C it says "Specialty Coffees do not include any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks[emoji768] stores/cafes."

Not that that matters for Adventure, but I think it should answer the question for those on ships with actual Starbucks.

Now MY question is...I remember hearing that the card's included beverages are somewhat limited, like no frappucinos. Does anyone know if this is true? We tend to get iced lattes and iced mochas, and want to make sure those are included. (the info about the drinks in the listing is silly...they talk about "coffee"...espresso isn't brewed coffee, and actual coffee is free, so it just makes no sense)

I had iced mochas on the Jewel. No problem at all.