Help! Odd HAL Barbados excursion re: photo tour

sppunk

We will be on Koningsdam's inaugural stop in Barbados in November and I wanted to take Ronnie Carrington's photo tour. It is but nor has never been listed on HAL's excursion website.

I emailed Ronnie Carrington to inquire about booking him independently and he said he is contracted with the Koningsdam on this day for tours, and since it isn't on the HAL site I should contact HAL's local agent.

Any idea why this isn't listed online when he is contracted to offer tours through HAL this day? It's weird.

Here's HAL's excursion page. I don't know if you will be successful following the booking link:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/ExcursionDetails.action?requestSource=shoreExcursions&portCode=BGI&excursionCode=100021188&destCode=C

Good luck!

It's weird because it isn't shown under my itinerary excursion options, and neve has been. It's on the main site but not in the booing portal for this cruise.

Ha, valid point!

Too funny. They might not have loaded this excursion yet. They don't all get loaded at the same time ;)

You might want to call the shipboard excursions number and inquire. Perhaps they have it and it's just not loaded yet?

Any idea why this isn't listed online when he is contracted to offer tours through HAL this day? It's weird.

I hope everything works out for you, it's a wonderful trip.

Recommended even for non- photographers, it is a great overview of the island.

I don't think there is more economical way to get over to Bathsheba and have a look around at the town and the stunning coast over there, except possibly a local bus, which might prove time prohibitive.

Too funny. They might not have loaded this excursion yet. They don't all get loaded at the same time ;)

You might want to call the shipboard excursions number and inquire. Perhaps they have it and it's just not loaded yet?

Totally agree with Kazu about calling HAL excursion desk as tours get loaded in a helter skelter manner.

Had the HAL site open so here is the info:

Journeys Ashore Booking Assistance

Hours of Operation (Pacific Time): Monday - Friday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM Saturday - Sunday: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM

Toll-free: 1-888-425-9376

Local: 206-626-7320

Is he perhaps subbed through another intermediate agency that HAL is offering for your cruise? (Or perhaps being that HAL contracts with him, there might be a blanket agreement he cannot book any HAL pax, even if HAL isn't offering his shorex on a cruise?)

A few years back I tried booking a separate shorex from a vendor in AK. Even though HAL was not offering that exact shorex (a Mtn bike ride), we were not able to book it independantly as the shorex co had other shorex HAL was offering.

No tour remotely similar is being offered so I doubt they are blocking him, Thad be a AWFUL biz practice and would probably cause the port from blocking a ship.

Our cruise is Nov, 23, so only two and a half months out. I'll give the excursion office a call tomorrow.