Bucket of Beer

Luke Dawg

if you are going that route, you are better off hitting the happy hour 2x each day and getting bogo, cheaper than 5 for the price of 4.

Lots, including DH, went to the Happy Hour and bought 6 bottles (or more). The bartenders were putting them unopened in the buckets to carry back to their rooms for another time. Really turned out to be a popular choice. And you aren't limited to the bucket brand offered at some bars. And since there are two happy hours a day, you could "fill up" quite often. (3-4 and 9-10) And yes you can carry bottles to other public spots to drink. Including the MDR. Just ask for a glass. And don't forget to pack a bottle opener.

Lots, including DH, went to the Happy Hour and bought 6 bottles (or more). The bartenders were putting them unopened in the buckets to carry back to their rooms for another time. Really turned out to be a popular choice. And you aren't limited to the bucket brand offered at some bars. And since there are two happy hours a day, you could "fill up" quite often. (3-4 and 9-10) And yes you can carry bottles to other public spots to drink. Including the MDR. Just ask for a glass. And don't forget to pack a bottle opener.

That happened to my once at Skywalker's by accident. It was between 11:00 and midnight and i ordered a Guinness. The server said to me: "There is a buy one get one free happy hour going on now." So I said: "Well in that case I'll take two", meaning the one I pay for plus the free one. When he came back with our drinks, he presented me with one open can and three unopened cans thinking that when I said I'd take two, that I meant that I would buy two and get two more. So yes, you can load up.

Good to know, thanks.

Is it cheaper to buy in advance via the website?

If you purchase in advance, how do you collect it? Delivered to your room? Sticker on your cruise card? Voucher to cash in at bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same price whether in advance or onboard.

If you buy the 5--for-4 in advance, you'll have a card waiting in your cabin, you talents bar and collect...(if it's not in cabin upon boarding, it'll be there by dinner...stateroom attendants are quite busy in turnaround day).

I agree. I also see passengers bringing unopened bottles to their cabin during BOGO $1.

is there a limit you can buy during happy hour. This is a no brainer

MOST times the answer would be no. But we saw one day, the bartenders saying for that day they had to limit the purchase of a certain brand ( can't remember which) to 3 ( actually 6 bottles) per buyer. They were running low and very busy that day. We didn't notice the restriction on different day we stopped in.

Are the happy hour ( BOGO for a $1) times fixed on every ship and if so what are the times?

Does this also include all sailings wherever the ships may be in the world.

Thanks..

When we were on CB in February we made every happy hour except on the second to last day when they moved it up by one hour :( Shoulda checked but we got lazy.

Are the happy hour ( BOGO for a $1) times fixed on every ship and if so what are the times?

Does this also include all sailings wherever the ships may be in the world.

Thanks..

No, times aren't fixed for every ship all over the world. However, the happy hours are in the same general time on ships, usually around 3-4pm in the afternoon and 11pm-12am at night. It can vary by half hour or hour, even during same sailing. The lounge varies by shop also, often Explorer at daytime and the club at night, but it varies depending on what lounges the ship has...

I agree. I also see passengers bringing unopened bottles to their cabin during BOGO $1.

On the Grand in May, they didn't really limit the amount you could buy, you were only able to buy 2 beers at a time. The Happy hours got busy, so you had to work to get in alot of beers. My Growler holds 5 beers, so I tried to buy 4 to start off and they wouldn't do it. After the first day, and some tipping, they would give me what I wanted.

Also they would open all beers brought to you.

On the Grand in May, they didn't really limit the amount you could buy, you were only able to buy 2 beers at a time. The Happy hours got busy, so you had to work to get in alot of beers. My Growler holds 5 beers, so I tried to buy 4 to start off and they wouldn't do it. After the first day, and some tipping, they would give me what I wanted.

Also they would open all beers brought to you.

Can you ask them not to open them, and would they not do it?