changes to passport after cruise booked?

beltane

Hi all... I've searched the forums and found answers for brides who have questions about honeymoon and their names... but my question is a little different. I have been married for a few years now but never changed my last name. My passport is up for renewal and I want to finally change from my maiden name to my husband's last name. Our February cruise is already booked in my maiden name. Will I be able to change our reservation to include my new last name on my new passport? Or do I have to, for now, keep my maiden and do the change after our cruise? I'd like to finally get it done.

As wonderful and experienced as posters on this forum are - wouldn't the first place to check on such a question as this be with Celebrity?

It is always best to get the answer direct from an authority instead of asking a general forum.

True. I guess I didn't want to spend forever on hold :rolleyes: You are right... I'll call and report back for anyone else who is curious.

Well I was pleasantly surprised to get through to an agent very quickly... and as some have already advised, yes I was able to get this done. Yay! They said so long as my identification names match my reservation names, all will be well. So they went ahead and changed my name at their end, and I got my paperwork done for my new drivers license and passport done today. They also changed my Captain's Club name too. So all done... after 6 1/2 years I will finally be a "Mrs" on our cruise this year :D

My daughter's passport expired a couple of months before her wedding but since they were honeymooning in Hawaii, she didn't need it. Recently she was complaining that she hadn't renewed it earlier. I reminded her that at least now she wouldn't have to book all of her travel in her maiden name for the next nine years.

Edited by 2theship

Well I was pleasantly surprised to get through to an agent very quickly... and as some have already advised, yes I was able to get this done. Yay! They said so long as my identification names match my reservation names, all will be well. So they went ahead and changed my name at their end, and I got my paperwork done for my new drivers license and passport done today. They also changed my Captain's Club name too. So all done... after 6 1/2 years I will finally be a "Mrs" on our cruise this year :D

Congratulations "Mrs"!

As wonderful and experienced as posters on this forum are - wouldn't the first place to check on such a question as this be with Celebrity?

It is always best to get the answer direct from an authority instead of asking a general forum.

While I agree with you 100%, my experience has been that the people on this forum know more than the the cruise line reps. I would still follow up with a phone call to the cruise line.