Beverage package

suzzek

We are new to Princess, but have cruised mostly Celebrity in the past. We are considering purchasing a beverage package, but we are wondering if we can purchase it several days into the cruise and get a pro-rated price? We have done this successfully on other cruises but I've not seen anything about it on the Princess boards. Thanks for your help!

You can buy it on embarkation day or the first full day but you pay the full amount regardless of when it is purchased.

Obviously, it is one package per person but not everyone in a cabin is required to purchase a package if they don't feel it will be beneficial for them. It is overall a better value than on Celebrity because ALMOST everything on Princess is covered by the package. It is drinks up to $10, but this covers nearly all mixed drinks and most wines. On Celebrity there are a lot more drinks that are not included in the package. Celebrity also parcels out beverages slowly--my daughter had a horrible time getting Diet Coke refills at dinner. They would bring a can and pour half of it into a small glass of ice. They refused to give her the rest of the can...but when the small glass was finished it often took 30 minutes to get a refill. NO problem with that on Princess.

Edited by moki'smommy

Thank you to all who answered my question. Now I will have to decide if we will use the package enough to offset the cost...:confused:, given the fact that we are allowed to bring two bottles of wine on board, as well as the slight possibility that we can buy in port and not have it sent to the naughty room.

Thank you to all who answered my question. Now I will have to decide if we will use the package enough to offset the cost...:confused:, given the fact that we are allowed to bring two bottles of wine on board, as well as the slight possibility that we can buy in port and not have it sent to the naughty room.

You actually can bring as much wine onboard at embarkation as you like, unlike Celebrity.

One bottle per person is "free", ie no corkage fee if consumed in stateroom. Any additional bottles will be assessed a corkage fee of $15US and you're free to bring that bottle to any dining venue, etc. Some people bring a case, some bring a few extra bottles, etc.. Something to consider.

You just missed the AIBP promotion. We booked two future cruises under that promotion. For the 28 day cruise the value of the AIBP is $3,155.60. For the 14 day cruise it's worth $1,577.80.

We never purchase the package as it isn't worth the cost to us but it was given as a perk and, for some reason, the price of the cruise was no higher than it was this year without the perk. For many others the AIBP is a no-brainer if even just for the convenience. Remember that it includes everything: coffee, juice, bottled water, wine***, liquor... If you can drink it then it's included.

As stated above, almost everything is covered. Want 12 year old single malt scotch? No problem. It's covered. Also as stated above it is not required that everybody in the cabin purchase the AIBP. However, if you get caught trying to "share" it with others you will get busted and it will cost you. It's not worth trying to share and getting caught.

*** Wine is included by the glass as long as it doesn't exceed the cost limit. Bottles of wine under $100 are 40% off.

If you find the AIBP not cost-effective for you, you can also check the others, like the soda & more package ("more" includes mocktails) and the coffee card.