Anyone get additional perks yet in a suite?

momof622

Just got off Valor this morning. We were in Captain's Suite 9202. We got the 2 extra bottles of water, room was cleaned twice( without asking), nothing really special about the enhanced turn down service, no specialty chocolates. We're Platinum so we have priority embarkation, free laundry, and water. We got fruit basket, Champagne (2) from the Hotel Director, so i don't know if that's part of the perks or just because we were at the Captain's Suite.

In the past we have had 3 suites before we were Platinum and our tags always said "Priority". We had free laundry (one bag) and Priority for tendering and at the Pursers desk. I don't understand people thinking this is new. Also, now that we're Platinum, we always see Suite passengers in the Priority lounge pre-cruise with blue S&S cards.

What's the big deal for the luggage to show up early...if the passenger isn't there because they didn't get FTTF boarding. :rolleyes: Its really no "perk" because who cares when the suitcase arrives.

It is a perk for those of us who like to go ahead and get the unpacking out of the way first thing. We don't live out of our suitcases, and like to get things in the closets, drawers, vanity, etc.... as soon as possible. It's also nice to have all of our clothes and toiletries, so if we want to shower and change for dinner, we have everything there.

I don't care about the priority luggage, only takes me a second to unpack because I have everything on hangers so early or late doesn't matter to me. But if they actually do implement FTTF like some are seeing it means I can cancel the FTTF I have purchased and save that $70 to use on something else. That I care about ;)

We are on the Splendor in a grand suite and this is the letter we received in the cabin detailing the suite perks.

[ATTACH]394092[/ATTACH]

Can't read your letter. Can you post a better shot of it or just write all the perks you are getting. Thanks

Don't know why it is showing up so crappy here. Sorry. There is nothing special on the list. Confirmed dining preference, 2 large bottles of water, one bag of laundry, priority debark at ports of call and home port. I definitely don't see anything that warrents the higher gratuities either.

Don't know why it is showing up so crappy here. Sorry. There is nothing special on the list. Confirmed dining preference, 2 large bottles of water, one bag of laundry, priority debark at ports of call and home port. I definitely don't see anything that warrents the higher gratuities either.

Was your suite ready upon boarding? Trying to decide if I still need FTTF. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was your suite ready upon boarding? Trying to decide if I still need FTTF. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since cabin ready upon boarding isn't listed as a perk, you will still need FTTF. Some people still ignore the signs and go there to "drop things off" even when they aren't supposed to. If the cabin happens to be done, they're like "Oh, my cabin is ready at embarkation, so I'll just do it every time." I'm not saying this directed at any one person but as a general statement from what people have said and done before.

Also if you want the dedicated GS line as well you will need to keep FTTF.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I would keep FTTF until it is put in writing (and not just go by what some people claim) by Carnival and officially listed as a perk for suites. Until the signs that are posted at the doors that lead to the cabins say "Diamonds/Platinums/FTTF, and Suite Guests - your cabin is ready", you're not supposed to be there. Period. End of story. Again, this is not directed at you - it's a general statement.

I have learned my lesson and do not listen to what JH says or what CSRs tell me over the phone. I trust no one and go strictly on what is put in black and white. It appears that as of now FTTF/Suite perks are not one in the same per the previous poster.

We are in a GS on the Breeze in January, our luggage tags have the FTTF logo. We are platinum and they said the same on our July cruise. Maybe a Platinum thing, not sure. We will find out in January if anything is new. Meanwhile I will watch this thread. :D:D

If you are Platinum, your tags will say "Priority" and have the large FTTF logo no matter which cabin you are in. You get all the FTTF perks and then some automatically.

In the past we have had 3 suites before we were Platinum and our tags always said "Priority". We had free laundry (one bag) and Priority for tendering and at the Pursers desk. I don't understand people thinking this is new. Also, now that we're Platinum, we always see Suite passengers in the Priority lounge pre-cruise with blue S&S cards.

How long ago was this that you got these supposed Suite Perks? Free laundry, priority tendering, and VIP GS line have NOT been Suite Perks on Carnival since I've been booking Suites, starting in 2011 (I can't speak to what the perks were pre-2011). People think these perks are new because they are new.;)

And, unless this has just changed without yet being announced, Suites still don't have access to VIP GS line.

Also, Suite passengers always had access to the Priority Lounge - that is one perk that is NOT new. Priority check-in, embark, and debark were the only Suites Perks before these new changes. You seem to have the old perks and new perks mixed up.

You are correct, though, that the Suite luggage tags always said "Priority".

How long ago was this that you got these supposed Suite Perks? Free laundry, priority tendering, and VIP GS line have NOT been Suite Perks on Carnival since I've been booking Suites, starting in 2011 (I can't speak to what the perks were pre-2011). People think these perks are new because they are new.;)

And, unless this has just changed without yet being announced, Suites still don't have access to VIP GS line.

Also, Suite passengers always had access to the Priority Lounge - that is one perk that is NOT new. Priority check-in, embark, and debark were the only Suites Perks before these new changes. You seem to have the old perks and new perks mixed up.

You are correct, though, that the Suite luggage tags always said "Priority".

My question is, with FTTF the perks are priority tender and faster into your suite and the line in GS, anything else? Do these things except for the "GS" line come with a suite? All I really care about is getting on and off the ship. I don't care if the suite isn't ready for another hour. Is it worth $65 X's 4 people???

I've never booked a suite with Carnival until now but have several times on RCI.