Some last min questions for the KP

greenfroggie

Leaving next weekend! so excited!

I'm a somewhat experienced cruiser (5-6 on different ships) and my wife really has it down (platinum member) but I've learned a lot from the veterans here (so thanks!) and I don't think my wife even knows it all so please help confirm / suggest a few things:

1 - Priority lounge (pre boarding) - is there any food here?

2 - Avoid horizons court for lunch time on the ship embarkation day - MDR or IC or pizza instead?

3 - laundry is about $7.5 in total for one wash but you can buy everything with your cruise card?

4 - get cruise chips at least once :) ?

Cheers!

Edited by greenfroggie

1 - Priority lounge (pre boarding) - is there any food here? It really depends on the port. In Port Everglades, for example, there is no food for Platinum members- and they are typically seated separately. For elite and suites, there are pastries and coffee.

2 - Avoid horizons court for lunch time on the ship embarkation day - MDR or IC or pizza instead? I always go to the MDR. It is tradition for me.

3 - laundry is about $7.5 in total for one wash but you can buy everything with your cruise card?Yes. You buy tokens with your cruise card. It is $3 to wash, $3 to dry. I am not sure of the cost for soap, as I bring my own.

4 - get cruise chips at least once ? Not sure what you are talking about here. I need a bit more clarification.

I am certain you will have a lovely cruise. So much of the fun is in the planning!

Edited by TracieABD

We're leaving from Vancouver. We have a mini suite too - maybe that will help or will bring something small to eat. Thanks

Cruise chips was something I found from the 'princess secrets' thread. It's not fries :)

Most likely no food. You really don't need it.

Some people will swear that the only place to have lunch after boarding is in the MDR. I say if that is what you prefer go for it. One DR is open from noon to 1:30 on boarding day.

We always prefer the International Cafe, Burgers at the Trident Grill, Pizza at Pregos, or the buffet. We don't like to spend an hour plus sitting in the DR when all we want is something quick. There is no correct answer to this question, eat where and what you like.

I also don't know what you mean by cruise chips. Maybe you are thinking about the Pub Lunch which is held on some sea days, and one menu item is fish & chips.

Mini suites don't get food at the terminal. No food in the platinum waiting area either. But then, if you ate breakfast before heading to the port, you really don't need it.

Laundry-as you noted, or bring your own products and save a bit.

We prefer MDR for lunch. A good alternative is Alfredo's if you are on a ship that has one of those.

They served chips and various dips on the buffet about 4pm daily. At least in Japan they weren't very good (tried them once' date=' never again.) Fish and Chips at pub lunch. I have no idea what OP is referring to.[/quote']

They had a Nacho bar on the Royal, too., come to think of it. Maybe that is the cruise chip reference.

Leaving next weekend! so excited!

I'm a somewhat experienced cruiser (5-6 on different ships) and my wife really has it down (platinum member) but I've learned a lot from the veterans here (so thanks!) and I don't think my wife even knows it all so please help confirm / suggest a few things:

1 - Priority lounge (pre boarding) - is there any food here?

2 - Avoid horizons court for lunch time on the ship embarkation day - MDR or IC or pizza instead?

3 - laundry is about $7.5 in total for one wash but you can buy everything with your cruise card?

4 - get cruise chips at least once :) ?

Cheers!

Quick answers, 1) No. 2) Yes. 3) Yes. 4) ???? . The last time I was on KP

I was in the ARMY :D :D

Tony

If you have priority (Platinum) boarding, I wouldn't eschew the buffet, if that's what you want to do. You're going to be on the ship well before it gets wicked crowded, even with going to your cabin first to drop off your stuff.

I'm also mystified by cruise chips. He said he got it from the Princess Secrets thread, so maybe he thinks he needs to keep it a secret, even from us . . .

If you have priority (Platinum) boarding, I wouldn't eschew the buffet, if that's what you want to do. You're going to be on the ship well before it gets wicked crowded, even with going to your cabin first to drop off your stuff.

I'm also mystified by cruise chips. He said he got it from the Princess Secrets thread, so maybe he thinks he needs to keep it a secret, even from us . . .

Annie!

Where have you been???

So good to see you come back around!

Annie!

Where have you been???

So good to see you come back around!

I've been packing and moving to my new city for my new job!! I'll send you an email with particulars; it's been nagging at me to write to you. I'm very, very thrilled with both the job and the geographical location!

I've been packing and moving to my new city for my new job!! I'll send you an email with particulars; it's been nagging at me to write to you. I'm very, very thrilled with both the job and the geographical location!

I will be on the look-out. I am so happy that you have landed.

:)

OP is on the KP (Crown Princess) boarding in Vancouver. Last time we boarded in Vancouver the were no munchies, only water.

In addition to the MDR (from noon until 1:30), the IC and Prego Pizzeria, the Trident Grill will be open for burgers, brats, chicken, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser