Bye Bye Lobsters

BirdTravels

Compare apples to apples here..you get what you pay for. The other lines are generally more expensive. Why not compare the cost for each line before complaining I am pretty positive that the difference that you would have to pay would still make it worthwhile. If you don't think so than simply pay more for those things by using those other lines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Compare apples to apples here..you get what you pay for. The other lines are generally more expensive. Why not compare the cost for each line before complaining I am pretty positive that the difference that you would have to pay would still make it worthwhile. If you don't think so than simply pay more for those things by using those other lines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I get a kick out of people complaining about complainers. :D

So, have lobsters returned yet? Only on longer Carnival cruises and they're Caribbean, not "real" Maine lobsters.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

That was going to be my exact comment.

I am spoiled living up here in Boston but honestly, these Carib lobsters are garbage compared to the real thing and to charge $24.99 for them is absurd.

what is it on Carnival cruises 5 days or longer or is it cruises 6 days or longer?

Bill

6 days and up have the lobster.....the overwhelming majority of the ships that don't are the Fantasy Class ships that do 5 days or less.

I know this thread is about lobsters...but just off the Escape and noticed at the breakfast buffet they have removed the smoked salmon and replaced with a salmon mousse canapé type thing.

Anyone know if this is NCL wide or just on the Escape?

Funny how you notice the small things, however I used to enjoy my salmon in the mornings!

I know this thread is about lobsters...but just off the Escape and noticed at the breakfast buffet they have removed the smoked salmon and replaced with a salmon mousse canapé type thing.

Funny how you notice the small things, however I used to enjoy my salmon in the mornings!

It's quite widespread, maybe there are exceptions on some of the NCL ship's still stocking smoked salmon. Not on the Gem last week, but on the MDR breakfast menu and I had that several times. That mousse, yikes - way too high in sodium for me.

I like & recommend the ceasar salad w salmon @ lunch, as a starter.

Somebody wants lobsters, we got plenty here on land here in NYC, lol.13dd398cf21dd7c8a67a1280e264b91e.jpg40334f24fdb4685990dbf8e87d49a1d1.jpg65065951ed95c9f180d7054e2a80f430.jpgf4ad643c8b45b6fd468852cf2b0154c0.jpg

via Nexus 5X on Nougat 7.1.2 using Tapatalk, VPN secured.

I think all the good foods are on Joy and the rest of the fleet get whatever. I saw some of the Joy menus and they have lobster listed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think all the good foods are on Joy and the rest of the fleet get whatever. I saw some of the Joy menus and they have lobster listed

Media descriptions of restaurant on the Joy:

Taste:Like many of the restaurants on Norwegian Joy, Taste caters to the Chinesemarket with a menu that is dominated by Chinese cuisine. Some dishes haveKorean and Japanese accents.

Savor:Across from Taste is Savor, another included-in-the-farerestaurant that will serve Chinese cuisine. Roughly 70% of dishes served on theship will involve Chinese cuisine.

The American Diner. Across from Taste is Savor, anotherincluded-in-the-fare restaurant that will serve Chinese cuisine. Roughly 70% ofdishes served on the ship will involve Chinese cuisine.

Cagneys: Norwegian Joy has several restaurants that willbe familiar to Norwegian Cruise Line regulars, including a Cagney's Steakhouse,located on Deck 8.

Neptune: New on Norwegian Joy is Neptune's, anextra-charge seafood eatery that has a buffet of fresh seafood as well as a lacarte items. It's located on Deck 8 across from Cagney's Steakhouse in a spacethat is a churrascaria restaurant on sister ship Norwegian Escape

LaCucina: The list of restaurants on Norwegian Joy include Norwegian's signatureItalian eatery, La Cucina.

ManhattanRoom: The soaring Manhattan Room on Norwegian Joy serves Chinese cuisine aswell as Western-style dishes. The space differs from venues of the same name onNorwegian's last three ships in that it does not have a stage for live entertainment.

LeBistro: The soaring Manhattan Room on Norwegian Joy serves Chinese cuisine aswell as Western-style dishes. The space differs from venues of the same name onNorwegian's last three ships in that it does not have a stage for liveentertainment. As on other Norwegian ships, the Le Bistro restaurant onNorwegian Joy serves fine French cuisine.

FoodRepublic: Norwegian Joy also is home to a branch of Food Republic, an eaterythat first debuted in 2015 on sister ship Norwegian Escape. The FoodRepublic outlet on Norwegian Joy will serve an eclectic menu that drawsinspiration from the flavors of Japan as well as other destinations such asPeru. The offerings will include an extensive sushi selection.

NoodleBar: The Noodle Bar will serve Asian-style noodles and dim sum. The Noodle Barserves hand-pulled Chinese noodles in a casual setting.

GrandTea Room: Another new outlet on Norwegian Joy is The Grand Tea Room. Located on Deck 8 of Norwegian Joy, the GrandTea Room occupies a space that is a pub on sister ship Norwegian Escape. The Grand Tea Room caters to Chinesetravelers with traditional Chinese tea service.

TheJoy Tea Room: The Joy Team Room, located near the center of the ship on Deck 7,is another outlet for tea. The Joy TeamRoom offers a contemporary, Asian-influenced decor. It's located in part of thespace that houses the O'Sheehan's pub on sister ship Norwegian Escape. Asian antique items line the walls of the JoyTea Room.

SupperClub: The Supper Club is a combination dining and entertainment venue onNorwegian Joy. The Supper Club offerstiered seating from which diners can watch a show.

I wonder if this is all just driven by market lobster cost. Even here in New England lobsters are ridiculously expensive right now. Loster may make the menu when it's better cost prohibitive. A year ago I had lobster every night on our NCL cruise. But lobster cost in general were much more reasonable too.

I wonder if this is all just driven by market lobster cost.... But lobster cost in general were much more reasonable too.
If Carnival can afford to provide it in their MDR once per cruise on 6+ day sailings, then there is no logical reason other than the bean counters pinching pennies that NCL does not provide it as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

It was the same way on the Jewel a few weeks ago.

You can still get real smoked salmon in the MDR (I know, it's not as convenient as the buffet). And several people have reported that if you ask them for it in the buffet, they'll find some for you, so that's worth a try.

You can still get real smoked salmon in the MDR (I know, it's not as convenient as the buffet). And several people have reported that if you ask them for it in the buffet, they'll find some for you, so that's worth a try.

Yep I asked and they directed me to the MDR.

Don't really understand the decision behind the change (other than cost), especially when they still have the potted herring which id say would be less in demand at the buffet than the salmon.

Don't really understand the decision behind the change (other than cost), especially when they still have the potted herring which id say would be less in demand at the buffet than the salmon.
Cost is reason enough, isn't it? It doesn't really matter how strong the demand is, if they decide they can't afford to supply it, they won't. On the other hand, if people stop eating the herring, they'll stop supplying that, too, no matter how cheap it is. But I think you might be surprised how much herring people eat every morning…