Enough with the negativity. What is your FAVORITE thing about cruising?

Doggielover68

OMG !!!! Just the very thought of cruising is completely THRILLING! While my wife and I have only done fourteen cruises I hope we never do so many that we become so jaded ( like some older folks we've noticed) those people who do nothing but complain about everything. Nothing seems to satisfy them. Some people don't seem to realize that nothing can be PERFECT !! You just have to accept that this is a fact of life. My wife and I just accept that things , both good and bad are going to happen, deal with and just move on. In all,cruising is such a wonderful experience. I always tell my wife ' You can't please everybody, some are just 'natural' complainers. NOTHING anybody could do would please them. The sane thing too do is accept and ignore them and don't let them ruin your day.

Edited by SmoothFlying
spelling correction

OMG !!!! Just the very thought of cruising is completely THRILLING! While my wife and I have only done fourteen cruises I hope we never do so many that we become so jaded ( like some older folks we've noticed) those people who do nothing but complain about everything. Nothing seems to satisfy them. Some people don't seem to realize that nothing can be PERFECT !! You just have to accept that this is a fact of life. My wife and I just accept that things , both good and bad are going to happen, deal with and just move on. In all,cruising is such a wonderful experience. I always tell my wife ' You can't please everybody, some are just 'natural' complainers. NOTHING anybody could do would please them. The sane thing too do is accept and ignore them and don't let them ruin your day.

I need a very big Love button for this. It is funny because I could have posted this word for word....even the fourteen cruises :D (I'd have to switch the word wife with husband though :p;)).

I love the feeling of getting away from it all. Cruising gives me the opportunity to completely "unplug" from reality, the Internet, etc and just relax. The only thing I have to worry about is what I will eat for dinner!

What's your favorite thing?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Everything !!! Well, maybe NOT the boring (but necessary) boat drills. But just the thought plus actually SEEING that beautiful WHITE DECKED mountain with its inviting glass enclosed twisted staircase makes me get the biggest grin. After storing luggage, the boat drill then going AFT and then..!! Hearing that booming underway HORN !! Ohhhhhhhhhh goodness ! Words cannot and could not express THAT tingle .

Does it ever make it hard to get back to everyday life. I wish I had a dime for every time my wife said on the last night of all of our fourteen cruises,' Can we just PLEASE hide aboard somewhere, maybe an unused broom closet or SOMETHING !? She always ays on the last day, I don't understand how time can FLY on a cruise, then DRAG when we're home and back at work. I also agree. I envy all those who can afford to take cruise after cruise week after week, months at a time. I guess somehow it'd get boring, but I'd love to give it a try.

Yes, it does make it hard to go back to every day life. We like to book a cruise each year. It really gives us something to look forward to. My wife bought a couple to T shirts on one of our cruises that says "life is better cruising." She wears it frequently! :D

Cruising is a wonderful way to travel and see the world one port at a time!

Everything! I love absolutely everything about cruise, even the security drill, the overdrunk people and standing in lines, cos it just means Im on a beautiful cruise ship, with everything I've ever dreamed of just outside my doorstep, and the crowds of people, nois and everything just goes with it and makes it a part of the experience:):)

I just LOVE it <3

I need a very big Love button for this. It is funny because I could have posted this word for word....even the fourteen cruises :D (I'd have to switch the word wife with husband though :p;)).

Agree, after 23 cruises, we are still anticipating each cruise as a new experience and the excitement that goes with it.:D

Yes, it does make it hard to go back to every day life. We like to book a cruise each year. It really gives us something to look forward to. My wife bought a couple to T shirts on one of our cruises that says "life is better cruising." She wears it frequently! :D

Cruising is a wonderful way to travel and see the world one port at a time!

I just bought DH and I Tshirts for our anniversary cruise next month that say "Husband and Wife Cruising for Life" :D

Cruising it too unique for just one thing to be favorite. So...

1. Food variety and quality and I did not have to cook it!

2. Transatlantics are our favorite - love those sea days, no pressure

3. Really love to watch the endless waves at mid-Atlantic

4. Motion of the ocean at night - rock me to sleep

5. Exploring new countries and ports from our floating hotel - no repacking

My favorite thing is the service. I am indulged waited on and that just doesn't happen to a wife and mother and full-time employee of a social service agency in real life. Like preschool teacher Cathy says - I feel pampered. The fact that the absolutely amazing crew is worrying about everything for me, lifting all the burdens from my shoulders, makes me feel so light that a cruise is all floaty, in more ways than one.

I really love everything about it, especially rough weather (keeps some in their cabins :D).

I love that rough weather too! One of my favorite memories of cruising is the two of us walking back and forth on the promenade deck - which was completely empty except for us and was either uphill or downhill depending on the waves. Wonderful!

I love that rough weather too! One of my favorite memories of cruising is the two of us walking back and forth on the promenade deck - which was completely empty except for us and was either uphill or downhill depending on the waves. Wonderful!

I'm the same I don't really understand those that don't want to feel any motion but choose to cruise.

There's very little that I don't love about cruising, but if I had to pick my absolute favorite part, it would be watching land get smaller and smaller as we sail away. That makes me smile so hard, my face aches.

Watching that wake get longer and longer.:D