Make most of bathroom space

Troban

We leave in about 45 days for a 2 week cruise, our first on Oceania, only 2nd ever (1st was Regent Navigator-bigger cabin)

We are in a Concierge veranda, I am wondering how to make best use of small bathroom.

Do you use folding pullout drawers on vanity shelf, do you hang a shoe caddy?

Ideas welcome, pictures awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What ship size ??

on the R ships I find there is enough space & shelves to serve our needs

there is small bit of storage in the vanity for toothbrushes & some toiletries plus 3 triangular shelves over the toilet

we have no problem & have spent up to 32 days in the smaller cabins

The O class ships there is more storage space

I guess it depends on what you are taking

I use the ship supplied soap & shampoo so that is less I have to pack

YMMV

Yes, there is, but the waste bin is set into it, and there's a sharps bin on top of it and a box of spare facial tissues. There's enough room for a toilet bag or two. The triangular shelves described above hold quite a lot as being on a ship they have a chrome "guard rail" to stop things falling off, and there's a mirrored cabinet, also triangular. There are plenty hooks on the door if you need to hang anything.

The last time we were in an "R" ship was on Regatta in the summer of 2010. Prior to that it was our last Renaissance cruise in May 2001. But this summer we were in a B1 on Sirena so my info is relatively current.

I had terrible memories of the shower but not necessarily regarding the size of the bathroom itself. Based on our June/July experience, I've changed my mind!

Yes, the shower is small but it didn't bother me as much as it has in the past. I wish I could say I'd lost a lot of weight which is the reason, but I cannot!

However, I was more bothered by the available space once I came out of the shower -- it wasn't easy drying off after the shower. But it was do-able.

And we had no problems with the storage space available. Never have.

My conclusion these days is that the bathroom itself is the size of one of those lovely huge walk-in showers ... but it isn't all that horrible.

Mura

The last time we were in an "R" ship was on Regatta in the summer of 2010. Prior to that it was our last Renaissance cruise in May 2001. But this summer we were in a B1 on Sirena so my info is relatively current.

I had terrible memories of the shower but not necessarily regarding the size of the bathroom itself. Based on our June/July experience, I've changed my mind!

Yes, the shower is small but it didn't bother me as much as it has in the past. I wish I could say I'd lost a lot of weight which is the reason, but I cannot!

However, I was more bothered by the available space once I came out of the shower -- it wasn't easy drying off after the shower. But it was do-able.

And we had no problems with the storage space available. Never have.

My conclusion these days is that the bathroom itself is the size of one of those lovely huge walk-in showers ... but it isn't all that horrible.

Mura

Hi Mura,

Thankfully, I don't devote a lot of time to hanging out in the shower/bathroom ;)

Denise

the preismans have photos in their blog of course ;)

shelves in the corner I usually put the medicine bag & toiletry bag there so nothing falls off

Regatta_Apr14_Ship_IMG_8385.jpg

http://www.thepreismans.com/bermuda_regatta_page1.htm

Not much has changed since 2014 when the photos were taken

More photos of shower

http://www.thepreismans.com/china_japan_page3.htm

Edited by LHT28

Hi Mura,

Thankfully, I don't devote a lot of time to hanging out in the shower/bathroom ;)

Denise

:D Denise ...

I don't either! And you won't in this category room, that's for sure. If you do, it's because something unpleasant is going on ...

But if you're in one of the top suites, especially on Marina or Riviera, the bathrooms are quite spa-like!

Not that I spent much time in those either ...

Mura

LHT28 I appreciate the pics, at first I thought the corner was more towel bars, but saw you said shelves so I zoomed. Thank you all.. I will admit this bathroom seems pretty small compared to one on Navigator, but as stated hopefully not in there long...or often.

:D Denise ...

I don't either! And you won't in this category room, that's for sure. If you do, it's because something unpleasant is going on ...

But if you're in one of the top suites, especially on Marina or Riviera, the bathrooms are quite spa-like!

Not that I spent much time in those either ...

Mura

No time for anything unpleasant! :)

We're in a Verandah cabin, so no spa-like bathrooms for us :( However, we are so eager and thankful to be on Sirena that we'll gladly take it! :)

Denise

LHT28 I appreciate the pics, at first I thought the corner was more towel bars, but saw you said shelves so I zoomed. Thank you all.. I will admit this bathroom seems pretty small compared to one on Navigator, but as stated hopefully not in there long...or often.

It is cozy & functional same as the cabin ;)

enjoy the cruise

Just wondering if the hairdryer pictured is the only one, or is there another handheld one elsewhere?

There is a handheld in the cupboard

you have to use it at the desk as the plug in the bathroom is for shavers only

Denise, is there any chance you are on our cruise? I can't tell from your post!

Not counting on it, of course!

Hope to see you sometime if not in a few weeks!

Mura

Hi Mura,

Sadly, we are not on your cruise. You get off Sirena and we get on. After so many years of communicating with you here on CC (back during the Renaissance days), I would really enjoy meeting you. Hopefully, someday soon!

Denise

We were in a concierge veranda on Sirena last month, and storage space in the bath is very limited. There is a shelf below the sink, but it's quite small and the little triangular shelves above the head aren't real useful.

But a hanging cosmetics bag is a lifesaver! I've been carrying one with 4 compartments on my last 3 cruises, and on Sirena it was really a huge help. It hung from the hooks on the bath door, and I could see everything in it quickly. Just unzip a pocket, use the item and replace it in the pocket.

I don't know why I didn't discover it before - but BUY ONE!

PS: The second hairdryer on Sirena was large and heavier (probably older) than the one in Jim and Stan's photo. It also caught on fire (literally) about halfway thru the cruise...kinda exciting...

Sorry, we are sailing on the Regatta.

There are 3 shelves in one corner, and a large under sink shelf. tons of space

I am on a 3 week and travel with only a 26" rolly Our closet has 4 drawers, and 2 shelves, abour 15 hangers each....we only used half of then On the night stands and desk and below the TV and above the TV are about a total of 4 more drawers and 8 more shelves... We have several totaly empty. There are lots of spaces..The only problem is the one you might create by over packing... You can use the excellent laundry service and CAN mix/match all sorts... EVEN for a 34 day cruise we pack the same... your 14 day "over night" is a cinch. No difference in being at sea 7 days or 70 really you just rotate stuff.........less is better