Obc question

Lulubelle45

Im sailing in 2 weeks and have been told i have obc from my TA $50, AAA $25 and NCL $25.

On my confirmation it shows only the $50 offered by the TA company but not the other 2

My daughters only shows her $25 AAA ( CABIN IS NEXT DOOR)

I asked my TA and he says its on the Edocs or will appear onboard. Its not on my edocs or my online NCL WEBSITE.

WHEN WILL I SEE IT

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Slightly OT but how do you get AAA credit? I have AAA would love to know.

I was going to guess that you get it if you book through AAA, but OP said she had credit via her TA, so I guess that is not the case....I am interested to know this too, since I too have AAA.

On my previous cruises with NCL, I had a small amount of OBC on each. On one it was from NCL and on the other it was from the online "TA" I used. In both cases, I saw nothing before I boarded the ship. There was a note in my cabin with the amount of the OBC. In both cases it showed up in my account less than 24 hours after boarding.

For my Alaska cruise next June, I have $300 OBC from my new TA, and it's on the invoice she sent to me, and I'm not expecting to see it on MyNCL any time soon. Hoping it'll be there before I sail, but since that hasn't happened with the other two, we'll see. It's easier to not be ruffled when it's only $25, but when it's $300 it changes the game a bit. :p

As your TA said, it will appear when you board the ship.

I have mine on the detailed invoice from the TA and she said it would appear onboard. However I get nervous when I don't see things on NCL "officially" before getting there. I can't imagine you could do much once on board if it isn't there.

Me too

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ok so maybe its my province. Its actually BCAA which is affiliated with AAA in the US. They had a promotion at the time of booking for a $25 OBC only on NCL I believe. I wrote AAA as most people on CC are American and ask what BCAA is.

I have mine on the detailed invoice from the TA and she said it would appear onboard. However I get nervous when I don't see things on NCL "officially" before getting there. I can't imagine you could do much once on board if it isn't there.

I get nervous too. Its only $100 total if its all accounted for, but with 3 of us in the cabin it all helps. As my first port of call is my home town, i may be able to call my TA from the ship. Lol.

On my upcoming cruise our NCL OBC is split between the first two people in the cabin and it shows that way on our amenity receipt.

On our last cruise our TA also gave us some OBC - it showed up as a gift within 24 hrs after boarding.

OBC of any kind can't be used for DSC. NCL OBC is non refundable so they keep what you don't use. Gift OBC is refundable and if you don't use it you get it back. They typically use the NCL OBC first and the gift last.

On my upcoming cruise our NCL OBC is split between the first two people in the cabin and it shows that way on our amenity receipt.

On our last cruise our TA also gave us some OBC - it showed up as a gift within 24 hrs after boarding.

OBC of any kind can't be used for DSC. NCL OBC is non refundable so they keep what you don't use. Gift OBC is refundable and if you don't use it you get it back. They typically use the NCL OBC first and the gift last.

I can apply it to my gratuities i hope. The first 2 people is fine. On princess we had $75 OBC all on my card, we went to guest services and they split it for us. Hope ncl does same

I am not sure what you mean by gratuities - if you are paying them as part of your free booking perks, those are included in your final payment. As for any other gratuities you might incur at the dining venues they could be covered by OBC. The DSC is the $13.50 pp/day and at least on our last cruise, it could not be covered by OBC. BTW we usually pre-pay this to make my accounting easier and to save paper on the final bill :D

I can apply it to my gratuities i hope. The first 2 people is fine. On princess we had $75 OBC all on my card, we went to guest services and they split it for us. Hope ncl does same

What if I have paid everything in full prior to cruising, buy two next cruise certificates and get 250 obc on this sailing. Is that OBC refundable to my credit card or can I apply it to my next sailing? I wouldn't want to lose it because I am paid up.

What if I have paid everything in full prior to cruising, buy two next cruise certificates and get 250 obc on this sailing. Is that OBC refundable to my credit card or can I apply it to my next sailing? I wouldn't want to lose it because I am paid up.

If the only thing you buy onboard is 2 certificates your final bill will be $250 - the OBC can be used for the certificates so I just look at them as costing $125 each when buying 2.

I am not sure what you mean by gratuities - if you are paying them as part of your free booking perks, those are included in your final payment. As for any other gratuities you might incur at the dining venues they could be covered by OBC. The DSC is the $13.50 pp/day and at least on our last cruise, it could not be covered by OBC. BTW we usually pre-pay this to make my accounting easier and to save paper on the final bill :D

I meant the DSC . I doubt my obc is refundable, so i cant apply it to my DSC? Good thing i can usually find something to spend on the ship.